Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mega Pets

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 18, 2009
Hi, my pet is eating up my time and energy. I'd be willing to pay crowns to get one of my pets to mega, so I could spend my energy on something else (I need amber, which you can only get by planting). Me and my family saw Grub Guardian had a "level up to mega option." I payed crowns for it thinking that it would get my pet to mega in the game, but it only lasted one level, ON GRUB GUARDIAN!!! I think I should pay 500 crowns to get my current pet to mega, to save time, energy, and my pet will be more powerful in battles. Who's with me?

Survivor
May 10, 2009
um KI wont bother. they woulf rather you buy crowns. I asked a similar thing and they said no. there goal is to make money and they are not gonna bend rules for one person. i think a more fair alternate is to buy a potion for 5000 crowns to see what talents the pet has and a 10000 crown elixer to choose what talents it will get uppon leveling up.

Survivor
Nov 23, 2009
500 crowns! Even if they did it would be around 2995 or something like that.

Survivor
May 08, 2009
I don't think KI would ever let you pay to choose the talents of a pet. Paying to lvl up? possibility. what i think you be the best though is for you to be able to pay half of the money you would spend in crowns to lvl up your pet to get a sneak peak at what the talents would be. For example:

(Saying a mega snack pack gives about 250 pet xp)
xp to teen: 125, cost of mega snack pack: 2500 crowns, cost of sneak peak: 625 crowns
xp to adult: 250, cost of sneak peak: 1250 (it takes 2500 crowns to lvl up)
xp to ancient: 500, cost of sneak peak: 2500 (it would take 5000 crowns to lvl up)
xp to epic: 1000, cost of sneak peak: 5000 (it would take 10,000 crowns to lvl up)
xp to mega: 2000, cost of sneak peak: 10,000 (it would take 20,000 crowns to lvl up)

See, KI wouldn't get ripped off this way and it could still be fair. If you used a sneak peak, and didn't want the talent you get next, you saved yourself half the money. But if you use a sneak peak and you DO want to talent, you still have to train it, costing you 50% more money. So you have a chance you saving 50% or spending an extra 50%.

How about that KI?

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
I would be happy if we could hatch multiple times per day.
I have bred and trained probably 20 or so pets trying for my triple damage pet, but have had non make it past epic. And that was only one.
So I hatch, train, sell. Daily.
pods

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
CaptMrDrPepper on Dec 26, 2012 wrote:
I don't think KI would ever let you pay to choose the talents of a pet. Paying to lvl up? possibility. what i think you be the best though is for you to be able to pay half of the money you would spend in crowns to lvl up your pet to get a sneak peak at what the talents would be. For example:

(Saying a mega snack pack gives about 250 pet xp)
xp to teen: 125, cost of mega snack pack: 2500 crowns, cost of sneak peak: 625 crowns
xp to adult: 250, cost of sneak peak: 1250 (it takes 2500 crowns to lvl up)
xp to ancient: 500, cost of sneak peak: 2500 (it would take 5000 crowns to lvl up)
xp to epic: 1000, cost of sneak peak: 5000 (it would take 10,000 crowns to lvl up)
xp to mega: 2000, cost of sneak peak: 10,000 (it would take 20,000 crowns to lvl up)

See, KI wouldn't get ripped off this way and it could still be fair. If you used a sneak peak, and didn't want the talent you get next, you saved yourself half the money. But if you use a sneak peak and you DO want to talent, you still have to train it, costing you 50% more money. So you have a chance you saving 50% or spending an extra 50%.

How about that KI?
Pet talent slots open up at random so you would have to look all its talents to see what it had instead of just each levels.

Survivor
May 08, 2009
lastdaysgunslinger on Dec 26, 2012 wrote:
Pet talent slots open up at random so you would have to look all its talents to see what it had instead of just each levels.
true, the talents it gets are random, but i'm pretty sure that the random talents are already predetermined once your pet hatches. It's already planned out exactly which 5 of the 10 talents your pet will get and when it will get it.