Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Am I Underleveled?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 24, 2011
I'm level 36 about to start the dungeon with Plague Oni. (Forget what it's called. It's in Shoshun Village. I think it's the Plague Oni.)

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
As long as you are around 40 by the time you are done with mooshu - Don't worry about it. At your level, you are fine.

Survivor
May 27, 2009
Rony The Turtle on Oct 18, 2012 wrote:
As long as you are around 40 by the time you are done with mooshu - Don't worry about it. At your level, you are fine.
It doesn't matter what level you are, all that matters is that you stay on your own pace

~Madeline Summer, Master Necromancer (And still not done with Mooshu)

Survivor
Oct 07, 2012
Am I under Leveled Level 30 Just started moo shu is this bad

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
If you aren't getting clobbered and being defeated, you are fine.

Explorer
Aug 19, 2010
Who cares what level you are? I'm level 33 and I get called under leveled a lot in the worlds I to into. But as long as I can defend myself against all them bad guys, who cares what level you or I am? A wizard is a wizard.
~Paige DragonWhisper lvl.33

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Paige Dragonwhispe... on Nov 16, 2012 wrote:
Who cares what level you are? I'm level 33 and I get called under leveled a lot in the worlds I to into. But as long as I can defend myself against all them bad guys, who cares what level you or I am? A wizard is a wizard.
~Paige DragonWhisper lvl.33
If you are in a world and you are unable to regularly survive basic street mobs in solo mode, then you are underleveled. Just barely surviving is okay, but if you regularly die then you are defintely underleveled, underpowered, or underskilled.

If you are jumping into other peoples (strangers) battles, dungeons etc. with with an underleveled / underpowered wizard you should realize that you are generally not appreciated. You are annoying. Especially if this is your first-time wizard, because you are likely not aware of higher level spells so understanding the strategy going on around you becomes an issue. If people are calling you underleveled, please listen to them. Casting an occasional sprite spell does not make things better.

Being able to defend yourself in a team and not die is not an indication of your power or skill. We are all here to have fun, but throwing your underleveled wizard into a stranger's battle is not fun for the others! Its always good to consider the other players when playing Wizard101.

Explorer
Aug 19, 2010
You are not getting my point! As no as I can defend my self, what business is it of yours?

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Paige Dragonwhispe... on Nov 20, 2012 wrote:
You are not getting my point! As no as I can defend my self, what business is it of yours?
---> Please read the subject line of this thread.

I understand that you are young and new to message boards and forums. When people ask questions on a forum it is common for others to reply. Its great that you are excited about Wizard101, and having a great deal of fun. Its always great to know people enjoying a fun activity. Try to keep in mind that you are interacting within a community. Keep an open mind and as you progress through the game you will gain greater insights. You will be playing with other gamers with significant experience with Wizard101 and other MMOs. Enjoy the game and have fun.

Explorer
Aug 19, 2010
i am not new to wizard101. i have been playing for about two years. i am simply keeping my opinion upon the situation.

Survivor
Dec 04, 2009
WizzyKid1001 on Nov 4, 2012 wrote:
I started Mooshu at Level 26 and left for Wysteria and came back Level 30

Survivor
Sep 05, 2012
Not really. It will be fine if you do side quests and you are 42 by the time you get to Jade Oni.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Well, if i were you i would wait until level 42 to move on from Mooshu, but hey its your choice.

Survivor
Nov 20, 2012
Don't worry, I started mooshu at about lvl 26 or 27 as well as the wizard above me I have never really gotten defeated except maybe once. But it doesn't matter 'bout me! I guess it depends on what your ways of doing things are. I'm not saying that there's a right way to do things, just do what works for you in mooshu, and any other worlds that you may see in the future. I leveled pretty quickly, so don't worry!

Defender
Feb 17, 2012
If you are having difficulty with the boss mobs, yes. If not, you fine.

Survivor
May 31, 2011
Yes you are underleveled I was 41 when I did that dungeon

Survivor
Oct 11, 2009
No you're fine. Just make sure that you finish Mooshu around level 40+ .

Explorer
Jul 25, 2011
if you level up 6 to 10 times you'll be all good.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2011
no but i not here yet and i level 40 just also try to do side quests not just main

Survivor
Dec 24, 2012
Drooly2345 on Nov 2, 2012 wrote:
It doesn't matter what level you are, all that matters is that you stay on your own pace

~Madeline Summer, Master Necromancer (And still not done with Mooshu)
Your not a master your a novice

Explorer
Oct 04, 2009
I think you are, to survive dragonspyre you at least need your level 42 spell.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
snowyowlgal on Mar 13, 2013 wrote:
Your not a master your a novice
Novice is Drooly's level HERE, not in the game.

Survivor
Jun 11, 2012
Nah, you level up fast in Mooshu, so I wouldn't worry.

- Quinn legend