Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Old memories...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 30, 2014
Back then, when I first got subscription for Wizard101, I was really excited. I made my way through most of Wizard city, and then I met this fellow wizard that quested with me a lot.

She wanted to move on to Krokotopia with me, but I declined; I wanted to be at least level 18 before starting Krok, so I wanted to complete Colossus Blvd and/or Crab Alley. After telling her this, she decided to go on her higher level wizard (level 60-something) and take me to dungeons all across the wizarding world of hairy wizards (Grizzleheim wasn't one of those worlds but I really wanted to say that). Also, Grizzleheim has bears, not wizards. Whoops.

Anyways, SHE that was actually a HE (their higher level wiz was a guy, and when I asked him if he was a guy or girl, he said guy) took me to lots of dungeons and leveled me up quick. Keep in mind, this was before the new update where the EXP in dungeons now correspond to the level that you are. This was when I could complete The Chalice in Celestia and still get 10,000 or so EXP at level 10.

After all of the dungeons he took me to, I was around level 30 BEFORE entering Krok. I was so happy. Now, all those dungeons caught up to me, and I'm around the average level that I should be in Zafaria, maybe above the level.

MY POINT IS, I will always think about what that friend did for me. The sad part is, he quit over a year ago. I was always logging on, hoping to see him online, but one day, he wasn't on my friends list. I don't know if he logged on and removed me or if it was because he wasn't on in over 6 months or so.

Despite never being able to talk to him again, and despite him being an online friend and probably not of any importance, I will always remember him whenever I play the game. The good news is, he did introduce me to another wizard, and I became really good friends with him. He helped me with literally EVERYTHING and we just had a lot of fun together!
He kind of quit too. Well, I don't know for sure, but he doesn't go on very often. I haven't seen him since two months or so ago.

I know this is online, but there can be surprisingly so many experiences and memories that people can have! I met so many people that I've befriended and quested with, but they've all come and gone.

Wizard101 can be so much more than just spells and magic. It can be meeting new people that you can share great online memories with. I know some people can be hackers and what not, but come on, the chances of that are slim. Obviously there are some people out there who want to steal other's account info, but that shouldn't stop you from having fun with new people.

Well, that's it for me, what are some of your great Wizard101 memories? Thanks for reading!

Survivor
Feb 07, 2010
The Epic Duck on Jan 31, 2016 wrote:
Back then, when I first got subscription for Wizard101, I was really excited. I made my way through most of Wizard city, and then I met this fellow wizard that quested with me a lot.

She wanted to move on to Krokotopia with me, but I declined; I wanted to be at least level 18 before starting Krok, so I wanted to complete Colossus Blvd and/or Crab Alley. After telling her this, she decided to go on her higher level wizard (level 60-something) and take me to dungeons all across the wizarding world of hairy wizards (Grizzleheim wasn't one of those worlds but I really wanted to say that). Also, Grizzleheim has bears, not wizards. Whoops.

Anyways, SHE that was actually a HE (their higher level wiz was a guy, and when I asked him if he was a guy or girl, he said guy) took me to lots of dungeons and leveled me up quick. Keep in mind, this was before the new update where the EXP in dungeons now correspond to the level that you are. This was when I could complete The Chalice in Celestia and still get 10,000 or so EXP at level 10.

After all of the dungeons he took me to, I was around level 30 BEFORE entering Krok. I was so happy. Now, all those dungeons caught up to me, and I'm around the average level that I should be in Zafaria, maybe above the level.

MY POINT IS, I will always think about what that friend did for me. The sad part is, he quit over a year ago. I was always logging on, hoping to see him online, but one day, he wasn't on my friends list. I don't know if he logged on and removed me or if it was because he wasn't on in over 6 months or so.

Despite never being able to talk to him again, and despite him being an online friend and probably not of any importance, I will always remember him whenever I play the game. The good news is, he did introduce me to another wizard, and I became really good friends with him. He helped me with literally EVERYTHING and we just had a lot of fun together!
He kind of quit too. Well, I don't know for sure, but he doesn't go on very often. I haven't seen him since two months or so ago.

I know this is online, but there can be surprisingly so many experiences and memories that people can have! I met so many people that I've befriended and quested with, but they've all come and gone.

Wizard101 can be so much more than just spells and magic. It can be meeting new people that you can share great online memories with. I know some people can be hackers and what not, but come on, the chances of that are slim. Obviously there are some people out there who want to steal other's account info, but that shouldn't stop you from having fun with new people.

Well, that's it for me, what are some of your great Wizard101 memories? Thanks for reading!
I remember first playing the game with my sister now she doesn't have a membership.

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
I remember playing W101 all morning when I first signed up. I didn't even take a break to shower, I was in my pj's until 1 pm lol! In the beginning I made a lot of friends in-game and chatted with them a lot and visited their houses.

It wasn't until I was halfway through KT that mounts came out, and my first mount was a black stallion (I bought it with crowns because I didn't know any better ) and I also bought a Life House when the school houses were released. Everyone was baffled that I was a death wizard who bought the life house!

I had an irl friend play for a while but once he quit I stopped for a while too. I was only level 23 and feeling overwhelmed by how many levels I would have until I maxed out (level 50 at the time). About 6 months later I got back into it and went full steam ahead. By the middle of summer I was Grandmaster and it was such a huge accomplishment to get there, I'll never forget that feeling. It was like the feeling you get when you beat a normal video game for the first time in your life.

I also chatted with a ton of people throughout my time getting to level 50 and sometimes took breaks to go hang out around the kraken in triton avenue and talk. I met a lot of people there and one person even introduced me to what is now one of my favorite anime series. I really wish I could keep in contact with him.

Around the time AV came out my life was changing pretty drastically but I'll always remember my times before that when W101 was a little newer to me and I was more of a kid who was completely enthralled by it.