Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Overall thoughts on Polaris

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jul 04, 2012
What are everyone's overall thoughts on Polaris?

Here are mine... When Polaris came out I was super excited. I did all my homework on the bus so i could get right on the computer when i got home. I played for a very long time. Immediately when I got there, I loved the music, the graphics, and the overall feel of Polaris. I was surprised though at how low the health of our enemies was. It was sort of easy to get by a lot of them. I was expecting it to be much harder. However, there were a few fights here and there that were very challenging, like Baba Yaga. One thing I was super disappointed in were the drops. I feel like all the drops were pet snacks and reagents, and when they weren't, they were weak pieces of gear. They can't even compete with the Darkmoor gear, which is why I won't be using any Polaris gear. What shocked me the most was the Arcanum. It's really wild to think that we're done with Ravenwood. Speaking of which, it was odd not reporting back to Ambrose after we finished the world, almost sad even. The ending also shocked me a bit. First off, the battle with Rasputin was certainly a challenge. But then what looked like Old Cobb showed up and I was surprised even though i shouldn't be cause it was very expected. I'm also dissappointed in the life spell. WE HAVE ENOUGH HEALS!!! We want attacks. I know this one attacks, but the attack is very weak and it still heals. Hoping for a real hit all spell for 118 or 128. Overall, I really enjoyed myself the last 3 days, I think Kingsisle did well with the storyline, the graphics and the music. I think Mirage, Empyrea or whatever world is next will be AWESOME, can't wait! Thanks Kingsisle for the new world!!!

Angela Gem, Level 110
Katie GoldFountain, Level 90

Explorer
Nov 17, 2013
Actually, there are some gear that are even better than Darkmoor/Morganthe gear, such as the decks, amulets, and shoes. It just depends on your play style.

Survivor
Jan 27, 2010
very poor equipment in Polaris .. most of my equipment (hats, robes, shoes) are way better than any of Polaris
the following Polaris drops for example:

level 108!!! rainment of the Arcanum only 740 health, 1% armor pierce, 4% outgoing health

level 110!!! borealis armor of schisms only 82 health, 118 block, 6%defense, 4% death accuracy

level 106!!! tayg bardiche of wrath only 52 block, 5% death hit, 1% power pip

I would expect drops to be better than previous levels, they used to be, and they used to have good equipment in
the bazaar.

Survivor
Feb 16, 2011
Generosity of drops and fun story line. I haven't had that much fun since Avalon. Pet drops and a pet you could buy for gold? Awesome! The clothes were not exciting but good for stitching.

I wish the final dungeons in the lands were voluntary. Took the wind out of my sails. Either that or make a final dungeon for the meek and one for the die hard fighters.

Had a great time until the end. Thanks for the creativity, enthusiasm and generosity.