Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A list of changes I'd like to see implemented.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 27, 2014
I've been playing this game off and on for maybe a year now, and I really love the combat and the surprising amount of depth that comes with it. However there are a few things that I'd like too see added to the game that if they were added, it would keep me playing constantly.

- The biggest thing is separate ways of leveling for pets. A pet would level up through normal combat, gaining abilities that give cards and stats. And pets that leveled through pet games would be gaining derby stats.

- A marker in the quest log that indicates if it's a main or side quest, or maybe something like Pirate101's "Last time you played" thing.

- Speaking of Pirate101, how about those character models be implemented into Wizard101.

- Different playable races. Please

- Stitching needs to be for gold.

- A little less linearity when it comes to progression through worlds.

- Just remove TC in PvP.

- Lower the price of hatching, for the risk of getting a worse pet, I don't think the prices should be as high as they are.

- And finally, the ability to customize the face seperately, eg; different eyes, different mouth, different lips, etc.

Thanks for reading!

Defender
Nov 05, 2010
that sounds amazing all of that stuff i want in the game i was also thinking of these

A more detailed tutorial

More of an introduction to the whole game where you meet professors before unicorn way you learn about Bartlby get settled into your dorm room etc. etc.

Texture and map revamps to the first 4 maybe 5 worlds Wizard city, Krokotopia, Marleybone, Mooshu and Dragonspyre

Add more houses in the commons even if its just random NPCs, please just do it

when you learn spells make it feel like your actually in a class learning them not just doing errands for the teachers yes as you can see i'm very big on this idea making the worlds more lively and like a school

Delver
Dec 15, 2009
I like all of those especially getting rid of TC's in PlayerVSPlayer. If you are talking about other computerized enemies, then no don't get rid of them from that.

For me, everything is fine tbh. The only thing I really hate is the graphics. Zafaria was released after 2008 but not long after that so everything before Azteca needs some graphical changes. Even with High Detail on High it doesn't look different

Hunter LifeBreeze Level 68

Explorer
Jun 27, 2014
I like most of your ideas, it would be nice to have more customisation of characters when making a wizard and more names to pick from. TC's should not be removed form pvp entirely some like cleanse and conviction have their place in pvp too. What they could do is put level restrictions on some tc's to stop lvl 5 players from accessing spells like storm owl for example, there is no need for anyone low level to have these tc's even in pve. Although I see your point with pet training I would still keep it that pet games give experience and allow you to feed your pet snacks. I would increase the pet experience form each game though at a maximum of 4xp per game it is too low to encourage people to get a perfect score in the game. I totally agree stitching should have a gold cost too, stitching is purely for cosmetic purposes and serves no advantage over keeping the original look so why does it need to cost crowns?

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
grey097 on Oct 5, 2015 wrote:
I've been playing this game off and on for maybe a year now, and I really love the combat and the surprising amount of depth that comes with it. However there are a few things that I'd like too see added to the game that if they were added, it would keep me playing constantly.

- The biggest thing is separate ways of leveling for pets. A pet would level up through normal combat, gaining abilities that give cards and stats. And pets that leveled through pet games would be gaining derby stats.

- A marker in the quest log that indicates if it's a main or side quest, or maybe something like Pirate101's "Last time you played" thing.

- Speaking of Pirate101, how about those character models be implemented into Wizard101.

- Different playable races. Please

- Stitching needs to be for gold.

- A little less linearity when it comes to progression through worlds.

- Just remove TC in PvP.

- Lower the price of hatching, for the risk of getting a worse pet, I don't think the prices should be as high as they are.

- And finally, the ability to customize the face seperately, eg; different eyes, different mouth, different lips, etc.

Thanks for reading!
Pet leveling: It would be great if pets gained XP based on their performance (or lack of it) during combat. I don't think it should be a huge number and it should not replace the current system, merely augment it.

Quest log "Main Quest Indicator": Sure, why not?

New character models: It would be nice but not necessary IMO.

Different Races: Do you mean like ethnicity or something other than human?

Stitching for gold: Disagree... KI needs the revenue stream.

Linearity of progression: The game actually allows a good bit of "open-endedness" considering the type of game it is. Side quests allow for a break in the linear story progression.

TC in PvP: Don't PvP, don't care either way. But if PvP was reduced to no gear/no TC... wands and decks only, it would certainly separate the good players from the so-so. I think a lot more players, myself included, might be more inclined to participate.
It would make PvP a more strategy based activity.

Lower hatching prices: Don't know that it would really hurt anything but really, gold is so easy to come by in-game that it shouldn't be an issue. When you're hatching high enough level pets to warrant a $30K-$40K price tag then it should cost accordingly IMO.

Facial customization: This is already available when you create your character. Granted, it's pretty basic but it's there nonetheless. If you're talking about a "plastic surgery" type makeover after the fact then this is an old argument... and what does it really matter? Chances are, at some time you're going to end up wearing a mask or full-face helm anyway so your face is irrelevant.

Survivor
Nov 12, 2015
The only supporting idea I would consider would be the last one.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
TusconWizard pretty much said most of what I would have. Though I disagree somewhat on pet leveling from combat. It's hard to quantify pet participation except for maycast talents. My double resist pet participates every time I get attacked, should it level more than a pet without reisist? I'm against pet leveling without effort by the wizard. It's pet training. It would also need to exclude all non-combat XP if they did it. It would have to be based only on the 3xp per pip used and only a VERY small percentage of that. At most I would say 0.1% of combat XP for 1 point of pet XP so 1 point for every 1000XP. Basically 1 point for every 334 pips spent in combat. That's overly generous in my opinion.

Defender
Sep 05, 2010
Ya I think the graphics are a bit awkward right now. For example, the graphics in worlds like Kryhsalis are really good but the graphics in wizard city aren't that good. And if you wear gear from Kryhsalis and go into wizard city, it looks like you're playing two different games...

Survivor
May 11, 2012
The only change I would love to see is the idea of being able to transfer pets, equipment from one account to another. I've got 2 accounts, and on my main account, have loads of pets, but because my second one is only just recent, I've got barely any, and I know that the pets I have on my main account would be good for those on my second one. Only time will tell I guess.