Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Anyone have frustrations with No Trade gear?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 25, 2010
I don't understand why the level 90 gear such as the athame and ring can be traded between characters, yet the level 60 drops remain no trade It would make much more sense to allow the level 60 gear to also be traded as i feel it's a waste sitting in the bank of my level 100

Does anyone else have any views on this

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
This is solely my personal opinion, with no weight, or research behind it, but I think that any item that drops for your wizard,that cannot be used by that wizard, should be able to be placed in the shared bank, and used by another wizard of the appropriate class. If not, I fail to see the purpose of an item that you cannot use. I also don't think simply using them as vendor fodder for gold is an acceptable excuse either.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
I don't mind that there is school specific gear.

But I think all gear should go through the Shared Bank. Whether we want to send it to a character of the right school or save it for starting over with the same school again in the future. The fact is that whether it's my Life or Fire girl doing Water Works or the tower in Wysteria or whatever ---- I am still the one sitting at the computer for hours on end farming my brains out for a dagger. I am still the one that paid for a membership or bought the area. The question is what does KI get out of forcing me to do that 6+ times or forgo that item on future characters because it's just not worth it. It takes a lot of the fun out.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
I don't much mind that sometimes things can't go in the Shared Bank, although it would be nicer if everything could, I *am* bothered when items are BOTH No Trade & No Auction. So what? I have to feed the three pairs of Malistaire Balance Boots to my Life pet - even though I have a Balance whi cod eventually use them? At least let me sell them for a fair amount of gold. (Of course, it makes more sense for Darkmoor gear to be tradeable but No Auction.)

I don't really mind either No Trade or No Auction, but making any Non Crowns item both seems too restrictive to me.

Survivor
Feb 25, 2010
Intrepidatius on Jul 16, 2015 wrote:
This is solely my personal opinion, with no weight, or research behind it, but I think that any item that drops for your wizard,that cannot be used by that wizard, should be able to be placed in the shared bank, and used by another wizard of the appropriate class. If not, I fail to see the purpose of an item that you cannot use. I also don't think simply using them as vendor fodder for gold is an acceptable excuse either.
I completely agree, i understand school specific gear and think it's brilliant, but it's not so brilliant on the wrong school! No trade is a ridiculous restriction, especially when you gain duplicates of certain items so selling them off is good for a few but then it become tedious when you want that item for another character

Survivor
Feb 25, 2010
Helenie Nightseer on Jul 16, 2015 wrote:
I don't mind that there is school specific gear.

But I think all gear should go through the Shared Bank. Whether we want to send it to a character of the right school or save it for starting over with the same school again in the future. The fact is that whether it's my Life or Fire girl doing Water Works or the tower in Wysteria or whatever ---- I am still the one sitting at the computer for hours on end farming my brains out for a dagger. I am still the one that paid for a membership or bought the area. The question is what does KI get out of forcing me to do that 6+ times or forgo that item on future characters because it's just not worth it. It takes a lot of the fun out.
Yeah that is my view, i believe everything should be able to go between all characters. It may even be okay if you only earned higher level drops from your own school (which as the case with level 60 ww gear or 90 hades you do) but as for other items, it puzzles me as to why i cannot trade things over to the correct characters

Survivor
Feb 25, 2010
PaigeGoldenspear on Jul 16, 2015 wrote:
I don't much mind that sometimes things can't go in the Shared Bank, although it would be nicer if everything could, I *am* bothered when items are BOTH No Trade & No Auction. So what? I have to feed the three pairs of Malistaire Balance Boots to my Life pet - even though I have a Balance whi cod eventually use them? At least let me sell them for a fair amount of gold. (Of course, it makes more sense for Darkmoor gear to be tradeable but No Auction.)

I don't really mind either No Trade or No Auction, but making any Non Crowns item both seems too restrictive to me.
I can see your frustration there, i especially hate that, i see no point in no trade and no auction, what good is that going to do anyone? Does it not bother you when you earn something difficult, such as the level 60 athame or ring, and you cannot trade it to a character of a suitable level once you have finished with it?