Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Loremaster Frustration with Low levels

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 01, 2010
Please KI, remove the ability to join team up for people not currently of the right level of being in dragonspyre. There is nothing more frustrating then having a bunch of people that are level 11 or even 20 not able to help in the fight at all joining in the team. Only thing worse is the people that join wearing pvp gear. Which I also think should have a function that blocks people from joining a PvE battle if wearing pvp gear. Should make them auto flee or something.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
I totally hear you on this one, but it can't really be helped. After all, Loremaster is a legit way for players who don't have extra crowns to spend on lore packs, to get the spells and stay competitive in pvp.

One thing you might try is add the low levels to a group. Give them some tc that will help you a lot. Pierce, cleanse, hex, school trap, school blade, and curse are all 0-pip spells you can use even if you have no mana. Explain to them what the plan is. E.g. first turn play this blade on me, second turn play this trap on Loremaster, third turn play this other trap.

Worst case scenario, they do nothing and take off with your cleanses and traps. Remove them, find a different realm, etc.

Best case scenario, they learn how, even as a level 10, they can be indispensable helpers. If they are smart, they will recognize a pattern to the teamwork and this will stick with them as they eventually level into places like WW and Darkmoor.

Survivor
Feb 02, 2010
I find it annoying, but I don't think it can really be helped much. But if it can, I would like if they put the minimum level to 15.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
It is frustrating at times but we all have to start somewhere. I have been that low level player fighting the Loremaster for the first time. We all have. I've never done it before I had legitimate access to Dragonspyre so I don't fall into the level 11 category but I've still been the "noob" in the lineup. I actually enjoy the Loremaster instance so I still take my high levels through there even though I might already have the spells I need. I don't mind the low levels so much any more as long as they don't expect me to fight AND keep them alive.