Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

wish list for ultra jewels...please comment

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 19, 2012
ok i was thinking maybe a may cast trap of 15% pierce might be neat

anybody else have an idea of a perfect ultra jewel they might like to see? please comment below :3

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
stormyjensilverdra... on Jun 28, 2015 wrote:
ok i was thinking maybe a may cast trap of 15% pierce might be neat

anybody else have an idea of a perfect ultra jewel they might like to see? please comment below :3
I DON'T need anymore armor pierce beside to overpower make pvp even more unbalance mostly likely for storm and was good ultra jewel I would choice MAY CAST Shield with 15% Armor Pierce) clued pierce tower 25% and legion armor pierce shield 18%

School Armor Pierce Shield:

: 15% (least most rudeness school)
: 45% (higher one) there most school complain on
: 25% (most annoying school)
: 40% (need more lucky)
: 20% (because have healing spell)
: 35% (most because last of school are most of school trouble with pvp)
: 8% (less most all the shield)

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Hmm, jewel wish list...

As yet we have not confirmed may-cast talents are on jewels. I can't speculate about new talents either, but there are some existing ones I am hoping for, and a few that should be removed.

Wanted Ultra level jewels: Spell Proof, school wards, school dealers, existing may-cast heals and aurae, team may-cast talents (bladestorm, legion shield, blinding light, etc) New talents - team stun block, may-cast Sprite Swarm.

Epic level jewels I'd like to see - spell defy, school sniper, single target may-cast talents, ultra-rare selfish talents, pierce, stun resist. Potent trap card & sharpen blade card (pet versions that stack with item).

Pet jewels to downgrade: Tower Shield Card, Pierce card, Disarm card. These might be useful for someone, but they are low value to most players and are usually seen as 'fail' pet talents. They should be available as ordinary jewels for ancient, not 'ultra' rewards.

Unwanted pet jewels - common selfish (stat boosts), since we'd want at least the rare stat boosts, the derby ability "Enfeeblement" which is gliched, and should either be fixed or retired, and either way not on jewels.

Personally I shall not rest until I have an Early Bird jewel, because derby!

Related: Most of the 'filler' items in the Perreau packs are really bad. There's no reason for packs to have the same or worse jewels that are sold in the pet shop, or pet snacks under rank 6. Obviously not every pack can have great stuff, but getting a 3 EXP snack magnifies disappointment.

Explorer
Sep 20, 2011
I agree 100% with prince of shadows. I was in test realm training some pets to ultra and the jewels I've got were for ancient pets, like outgoing or pips.

What I say is that if we train our pets to ultra, I would like to get an ultra jewel, something that is really worth the effort, and sometimes the crowns.

I farmed Morganthe and I've got one ultra jewel, a bit disappointing since it was a storm cat card. I have that pet and I rarely use that card tbh.

What I would really like is what he said, get Proof to fix some pets that didnt get it at mega. Or sometimes defy or a dealer or even a ward please.

Also to point out about the lvl requirement: would like them to delete the level requirement for that jewel since pets never had levels before.

And to be able to trade them between accounts once we attach the jewels.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Thesist on Jun 29, 2015 wrote:
I agree 100% with prince of shadows. I was in test realm training some pets to ultra and the jewels I've got were for ancient pets, like outgoing or pips.

What I say is that if we train our pets to ultra, I would like to get an ultra jewel, something that is really worth the effort, and sometimes the crowns.

I farmed Morganthe and I've got one ultra jewel, a bit disappointing since it was a storm cat card. I have that pet and I rarely use that card tbh.

What I would really like is what he said, get Proof to fix some pets that didnt get it at mega. Or sometimes defy or a dealer or even a ward please.

Also to point out about the lvl requirement: would like them to delete the level requirement for that jewel since pets never had levels before.

And to be able to trade them between accounts once we attach the jewels.
Yeah, the storm cat card is not something we'd be apt to use in upper worlds, nor mana, which seems to be on a lot of jewels, pet and tear. Those are low-mid level needs, not something that should drop from Morganthe.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Over at the Jewels to Buy thread
( https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/jewels-to-buy-8ad6a41a4e24ab18014e311c2cb5356b/8ad6a4194e24ab10014e3b330a325daa )

I just wish for normal talents, powers, stats, cards and energy we have access to in the game now but which can be added to pets to perfect the failed ones or to gear to balance out sets that might be giving us all damage and no accuracy or whatever.

I'd love to be able to add an energy boost to my pet too :)

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Helenie Nightseer on Jul 1, 2015 wrote:
Over at the Jewels to Buy thread
( https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/jewels-to-buy-8ad6a41a4e24ab18014e311c2cb5356b/8ad6a4194e24ab10014e3b330a325daa )

I just wish for normal talents, powers, stats, cards and energy we have access to in the game now but which can be added to pets to perfect the failed ones or to gear to balance out sets that might be giving us all damage and no accuracy or whatever.

I'd love to be able to add an energy boost to my pet too :)
You are in luck with energy. There are jewels that give a bonus. Perfect for your fishing or gardening pets :)

We've seen school damage, accuracy, and resist talents already, so I think they are on the right track. I hope these will be dropping various places in game, not just from packs.

Defender
Feb 26, 2012
I'd love to see a sword and shield jewel.

But rather than a random school, I imagine the maycast would be school specific. Or maybe a balance blade and tower shield combo.

Defender
Mar 28, 2011
For Ultra I want spell proof to fix fails, and wards, dealers, or healing mostly. Pain giver would be good for epic or mega level.

For derby it would be nice to have all the uncommon and rare stat boost (selfish) talents available somewhere. No one races mega pets, so we need them on jewels we can use at ancient, or epic at most.

Defender
Mar 28, 2011
Some more pet cards I'd like: Potent trap, Backdraft, Myth Fuel.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Frost Wind on Jul 4, 2015 wrote:
Some more pet cards I'd like: Potent trap, Backdraft, Myth Fuel.
Backdraft would be wonderful as a pet card. Windstorm too.

Explorer
Sep 26, 2012
Prince of Shadows on Jun 29, 2015 wrote:
Hmm, jewel wish list...

As yet we have not confirmed may-cast talents are on jewels. I can't speculate about new talents either, but there are some existing ones I am hoping for, and a few that should be removed.

Wanted Ultra level jewels: Spell Proof, school wards, school dealers, existing may-cast heals and aurae, team may-cast talents (bladestorm, legion shield, blinding light, etc) New talents - team stun block, may-cast Sprite Swarm.

Epic level jewels I'd like to see - spell defy, school sniper, single target may-cast talents, ultra-rare selfish talents, pierce, stun resist. Potent trap card & sharpen blade card (pet versions that stack with item).

Pet jewels to downgrade: Tower Shield Card, Pierce card, Disarm card. These might be useful for someone, but they are low value to most players and are usually seen as 'fail' pet talents. They should be available as ordinary jewels for ancient, not 'ultra' rewards.

Unwanted pet jewels - common selfish (stat boosts), since we'd want at least the rare stat boosts, the derby ability "Enfeeblement" which is gliched, and should either be fixed or retired, and either way not on jewels.

Personally I shall not rest until I have an Early Bird jewel, because derby!

Related: Most of the 'filler' items in the Perreau packs are really bad. There's no reason for packs to have the same or worse jewels that are sold in the pet shop, or pet snacks under rank 6. Obviously not every pack can have great stuff, but getting a 3 EXP snack magnifies disappointment.
yeah, what he said, he's always right anyway, eh, eh
(and an Ultra Jewel to become a Prince of Shadows? lol)

oh yes I know :
I wish for a Shadow Pip chance Jewel
(we really miss this stat, also on gear Jewels by the way)

window.onbeforeunload = function() {}

Explorer
Jun 27, 2014
not sure if this entirely belongs here but here goes.

Ultra pet jewels should be talents people actually want, I do not see the point in any card talent jewel being ultra, regardless of what type of pet you are making be it derby, ward, damage,critical. healing or whatever cards talents are usually hatched out as quick as possible, I have yet to meet anyone who actually wants a card talent. these jewels are pointless even more so being ultra lvl. What we should have on ultra jewels is generic resists like proof and defy, maycast talents including heals,dealer talents, wards and for those derby pets decent pet stats jewels and talents. From what I have seen so far and heard on fansites there is not one jewel at ultra I in any lifetime would ever use so in that respect in live none of my pets will ever get ultra. I will not spend snacks,time or crowns on a level just for bragging rights which it seems will be all it is good for. They should change the way they have implemented this update to actually motivate players into going ultra. I have more than enough snacks to get all my mega to ultra and would spend countless crowns to do so if it was actually worth it I am sure there are others the same as me. If the introduction of ultra level pets was to make more money then they have failed big time. At present they could just scrap the ultra level and keep the introduction of jewels and it would not make any difference whatsoever from the current update.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
dizzydiana73 on Jul 6, 2015 wrote:
not sure if this entirely belongs here but here goes.

Ultra pet jewels should be talents people actually want, I do not see the point in any card talent jewel being ultra, regardless of what type of pet you are making be it derby, ward, damage,critical. healing or whatever cards talents are usually hatched out as quick as possible, I have yet to meet anyone who actually wants a card talent. these jewels are pointless even more so being ultra lvl. What we should have on ultra jewels is generic resists like proof and defy, maycast talents including heals,dealer talents, wards and for those derby pets decent pet stats jewels and talents. From what I have seen so far and heard on fansites there is not one jewel at ultra I in any lifetime would ever use so in that respect in live none of my pets will ever get ultra. I will not spend snacks,time or crowns on a level just for bragging rights which it seems will be all it is good for. They should change the way they have implemented this update to actually motivate players into going ultra. I have more than enough snacks to get all my mega to ultra and would spend countless crowns to do so if it was actually worth it I am sure there are others the same as me. If the introduction of ultra level pets was to make more money then they have failed big time. At present they could just scrap the ultra level and keep the introduction of jewels and it would not make any difference whatsoever from the current update.
I agree that the Ultra jewels we've seen so far are uninspiring. My hope is some better ones will turn up soon.

Card talents can be very useful, especially for spells that are used often - stacking blades, traps, enchants - and to get spells that can't be trained or obtained as TC.

There's no reason for ordinary card spells like pierce, disarm, dispels, or common attacks to be on epic or ultra jewels, but don't dismiss ALL pet cards. Pet potent trap, backdraft, elucidate, all-enemies hex, and 4-pip life AoE attack would certainly be attractive to many players.

An aside, but something the devs should keep in mind: Part of the reason we develop special pets is to help with boss cheats. Prior to last year, most pet spells wouldn't trigger cheats. It's an interesting change to have some bosses that react to pets, but I hope that won't be universal in the future, otherwise you've changed the game in a way that devalues our pets.