Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Grand Tourney Gauntlet

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 09, 2012
Hi. First, thanks for putting out another card. I have most of them and always love the new stuff!

I'm sorely disappointed with this one as is, though. I've run the gauntlet now several times, and the ONLY things I've gotten as drops are snacks and reagents. And it is entirely too easy for a level 100, which is the only level I've taken through the gauntlet. The highest health opponent is only 6800 and we're used to fighting 25,000+. And the cheats don't complicate the dungeon at all (not that we need a ton of crazy cheats, but a challenge would be nice). There are no puzzles, either.

The difficulty for a level 100 (or even 50+) is just not there at all. We often take a small wiz into Spiral Cup when we're farming, and I'd compare the difficulty to when we take a lvl 20 into that. It's nothing. For this amount of money, we should certainly get something more challenging.

I sincerely hope you improve this dungeon and make it worth the money you're asking for it. I run several Wiz101 groups and for now I'm not recommending it due to the supreme lack of challenge. And I won't be buying any more gauntlets until the challenge gets more applicable to the level of the wizards going in, like pagoda and winterbane are.

Thanks.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
It is pretty easy, but still fun. Personally it's kinda nice being able to solo it. As for drops, I've gotten a lot of jewels and Wyvern pack gear/pets.

Survivor
Feb 09, 2012
That's interesting. I've run it probably 20 times and only gotten reagents and snacks. And they could double the enemies' health and a lvl 100 would still be able to solo with ease. I'd much rather have a somewhat challenging dungeon for the money.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
ElizabethNightBane on Jun 19, 2015 wrote:
That's interesting. I've run it probably 20 times and only gotten reagents and snacks. And they could double the enemies' health and a lvl 100 would still be able to solo with ease. I'd much rather have a somewhat challenging dungeon for the money.
I've run it a lot too. Yes many runs are mostly snacks & reagents. I've gotten Greenwarden, Pixie gear and pets from both the Wyvern & Hydra packs. One of my first runs I got 3 universal Opals from 1 battle. All 80+ level crit, block and accuracy. I do agree that it could be harder, it IS a bit low, but it's a light hearted gauntlet. It fills a lot of requests for more family friendly options that many players have been asking for.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
I think it's super fun. Players have been complaining about the challenging instances, so it's fine to counter that with something breezy. There are times we want to work, and times we want to relax.

I haven't found any great drops, but there are some decent reagents and snacks.

Survivor
Feb 09, 2012
I suppose that's good. I've read a lot of complaints about the drops, though. Seems you're having much better luck than anyone else I've seen.