Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crown Shop Gear?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 12, 2014
Hi there! I'm a level 49 life wizard! I plan on buying some crowns and getting level 55 crown shop gear (Baconator Costume) I am wondering if gear from packs or waterworks/tower of the helephant gear is better to just wait for. I am really curious and just want to know (btw i can't buy a ton of packs XD). Please help me! Because I googled it and it said nothing also what is the best wand without crafting (still on Marleybone crafting quest). I have a wand that adds critical for level 55 already. And just say if you would like me to ost the stats for the gear! Byes!

-Cori Lifeheart, level 49 life, Savior of the Spiral ^~^

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
Your best bet is to farm Waterworks at 60, or to catch up on crafting and make the 56 gear from Wintertusk. WT has good wands, rings, and athame too. So does tower of the Helephant. Bacon gear is good for energy (for pet training and gardening) but not the best for combat. It would be ok until you get Waterworks though.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Save your crowns. IMO, the dropped gear is much better than the crown gear. At level 60 you can start farming Waterworks for the gear. Until then, just use gear from drops.

Survivor
Jan 12, 2014
So I asked a bunch of people 'Is crown shop better than waterworks' My thoughts is no I don't like focusing on crits (I heard that enemies block crit all the time in Zafaria) They all said waterworks is better but the dungeon takes a while. You PROBABLY won't get it on first try. And i hate farming for gear XD (I've had luck with Lord Nightshade when St. Pats was here) So I still want your thoughts but I think I might just get Crowns Gear. (NOT THE WANDS TO ME THEY ARE HORRIBLE). I also have heard crafted gear is great yet i hate crafting too so. This is completely my chose but I still vote with crowns. I still wonder if the card pack items are better so that is all I ask for now! But, maybe you could answer the first question of it for other people!

-Same person as before

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Cori Lifeheart on Jan 16, 2015 wrote:
Hi there! I'm a level 49 life wizard! I plan on buying some crowns and getting level 55 crown shop gear (Baconator Costume) I am wondering if gear from packs or waterworks/tower of the helephant gear is better to just wait for. I am really curious and just want to know (btw i can't buy a ton of packs XD). Please help me! Because I googled it and it said nothing also what is the best wand without crafting (still on Marleybone crafting quest). I have a wand that adds critical for level 55 already. And just say if you would like me to ost the stats for the gear! Byes!

The best wand before you can get any meaningful block would probably be the Sky Iron Hasta from Mount Olympus. If you can get far enough into crafting in that time, the Wintertusk level 56 gear is really good, and I consider them better than the Baconator set. Waterworks gear is also very good, you just have to get to a higher level to get them than the Wintertusk gear, and they both stay relevant for a pretty long time. The Wintertusk crafted gear can be quite expensive, though, but if you can, it's really useful to get at least the hat due to the extra blade.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Cori Lifeheart on Jan 16, 2015 wrote:

Save your money. My Life wizard is level 63 and has no crowns gear equipped (except boots which came from a drop - nothing purchased outright). She has soloed every single aspect of the game (a few henchmen needed here and there for huge bosses) and wears gear purchased in the Bazaar, or as I noted from drops. I have crafted no gear as yet. I also haven't even done Waterworks yet (don't want to solo that!).

Life can be extremely powerful and an effective attacker, if played correctly. We are not just about healing in any way.

Survivor
Jul 25, 2012
You should totally wait until waterworks, and plus if you do Wintertusk, there is a recipe vendor in Sudrilund, who gives gear like waterworks for level 56 and up. Crowns gear isn't the best, you would be much better off spamming the tiki pack for the frosty stare tiki torch, it gives good critical and block. Hope this helped. :)

Marcus Stormblood, level 100

Survivor
Jan 12, 2014
Okay thx! I will be doing waterworks once I can :3
But what is good for the time till there Malistaire gear? I already have the hat(I think) and the cloak.

Survivor
Jan 12, 2014
Cori Lifeheart on Jan 18, 2015 wrote:
Okay thx! I will be doing waterworks once I can :3
But what is good for the time till there Malistaire gear? I already have the hat(I think) and the cloak.
I was wrong I don't have the hat 3: