Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ice Needs A Boost

AuthorMessage
Champion
Oct 30, 2011
Shadow 343 on Feb 15, 2015 wrote:
I totally agree with you here. I am not ice, but I agree. Ice is not weak. It is very, very strong. Sort of like life. They both may seem weak to people whom are not true ice players, like first wizard ice players. Ice and life both get much stronger in higher levels.

Ice is not weak.

-Oracle
Ice is significantly stronger at lower levels, as is shown on the leaderboard. Back at lower levels, when blade stacking was nearly essential, Ice had good DoTs, buffs, decent single enemy hits, a good minion, and a good spell in icebird. At max level, however, ice has much lower damage boost and pierce than any other school (Yes, I realize that Ice can get decent damage boost, but overall, it is significantly easier to get more damage boost with other schools), not much of an advantage in health or resist, its spells are somewhat outdated (No DoTs since snow angel, and very few spells that perform multiple functions, such as dealing damage and placing a weakness), and has about no extra block over any other school. Sure, it is possible to win with ice, but it has been being constantly nerfed ever since people constantly complained about immunity, and is now one of the lower tier schools.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2012
Ice in my opinion doesn't need a boost. I am an exalted ice wizard myself, and i feel were are pretty much just a bag of health, but i achieved warlord with all the pierce and critical these days. It was fairly easy although going second proved troubling sometimes but i managed to win a fair amount of times at second. What i looked at were the boots and and the wands of malistaire that i assumed most people would be using. I noticed that their block was the same as ice. So i figured why go for critical when your know everyone is going to block (even storm) and went damage instead and used the winterland wand with some extra block and a bit of damage. I just went with what ice was strong with, block not critical. So i got warlord with 223 critical and 308 block. The fact that people still managed to critical on me was unsettling but my combo made up for it.

Frostbite > Winter Moon > Abominable Weaver > gg (most of the time lol)
So if any ice wizards happen to see this page this should help a little i hope.

This probably seems like a jumbled post but either way Long Live Ice!
Fred Spirithunter Exalted Thaumaturge

Survivor
Aug 01, 2009
PvP King on Jan 16, 2015 wrote:
80 damage and 64 universal resistance? And to get 344 block, would that be with the Teeth of the Lord's Night? If so, then the Ice wizard lacks large amounts of armor pierce and critical. I am also assuming that the Ice wizard is using a no critical robe because of the low critical, and definitely not using the Darkmoor gear. If so, then the Ice wizard will lack the following: Healing, armor pierce, power pips, and accuracy. That's not what I would call overpowered, as my Balance wizard has the following: 49 resistance, 104 damage, 363 critical, 243 block, 24 armor piercing, 19 accuracy, 103 pip chance. In comparison to Balance, these stats are not so great.
I don't see why your saying balance so great, it's the weakest school, it's blades are nothing compared to ices blades, ice gets more base damage overall, more health, more resist, balance is,only good in pvp because of its more strategic approach, if you think ice is so bad, think that ice doesn't require skill because it's so good, ice doesn't need buffed, it needs nerfed if anything so you have room to complain about super op health or resist that you have and every other school doesn't, so if you think ice is so bad get a new school. Also that block is something everyone would want and critical doesn't always matter, ice you have to outlast you opponents, not power them down

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
Evan starblade888 on Mar 2, 2015 wrote:
I don't see why your saying balance so great, it's the weakest school, it's blades are nothing compared to ices blades, ice gets more base damage overall, more health, more resist, balance is,only good in pvp because of its more strategic approach, if you think ice is so bad, think that ice doesn't require skill because it's so good, ice doesn't need buffed, it needs nerfed if anything so you have room to complain about super op health or resist that you have and every other school doesn't, so if you think ice is so bad get a new school. Also that block is something everyone would want and critical doesn't always matter, ice you have to outlast you opponents, not power them down
Balance, the weakest school? It can be argued about it being the strongest, but balance has enough tools so that I don't think it's really possible to justify an accusation that it's weak. Ice's base damage, without sacrificing everything else, is much lower than balance's (At max, with good other stats, ice can get 80-90% damage while balance can easily get over 100%); while ice gets more health and resist, it's not by much (Balance, although this is just from memory, is about second or third in resist and health, possibly after life and ice); balance has much more pierce than ice can ever get, giving it another offensive advantage; balance's spells are better (Loremaster is overpowered enough on its own, but allowing balance to remove auras and pips while doing damage, along with getting a good shadow spell is a bit overkill); and finally, ice has constantly been nerfed since Avalon. Have you looked at ice's gear recently? Especially the crafted gear - ice hasn't gotten a major improvement on that since Avalon. Even ice's Malistaire gear was not a ridiculous improvement, except in the boots.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
JOPIX227 on Jan 17, 2015 wrote:
He was using the horned helmet, tribal robe, and malistaire boots. Yes his accuracy/critical/pierce was low, but these are all secondary stats that are more than accounted for with his high damage and superb resist. I wear the jade hat and darkmoor gear and still can't get close to that resist and damage combo. Assuming you're hitting a shield (nevermind the 75% the darkmoor spell gives), which you are almost guaranteed to do with ice, your spells will ultimately do less damage than his output, especially with infallible or sleet storm.

This isn't a discussion about balance, but since you brought it up, there is another school that needs to be looked at as well. Giving balance wizards supernova, loremaster and the ability to attain high pierce stats in conjunction with one another is a serious error on KI's part, and I don't need to explain why since you've stated you play as balance.

The schools are supposedly meant to be equal, each having its own counters in some way to another, so the argument that some are severely vulnerable doesn't hold up well. However, if that argument were to be made, ice is the last school on the list for who is most at a disadvantage in the game.
not likely mostly impossible for ice use resist & more heath because storm to overpower! use storm immunity and but now storm know everybody block storm (now likely would use convert) only beat them are storm/myth immunity

and think pet resist getting little more dangerous (everybody on ice) won't be fun do ice pvp anymore unless up with team group to be immunity puppet team! example this was immunity puppet means:

4v4

let say: vs with death/life/storm/myth

our team only death/ice (all have immunity but different immunity reach school)

(ice have myth)
(death have storm)
(death have death)
(ice have life)

(shadow shrike/convert be impossible just use) because they have bad juju (ice possible spam cleanse) remove convert keep from convert opposite of your school not immune too!

(did it before in pvp once) when test out myth immunity on ice and when vs a storm/myth (had death mine side she was immune storm! we are unstoppable by doing immunity puppet team (use right spell for it) make them possible just use shadow shrike & convert

lucky have death wizard around in pvp (make ice pvp much easy with immunity because he use others school resist the just storm/fire!

don't know why use immunity in pvp (because want some revenge to school who make them made and angry (so, get payback for it)

don't use mine immunity not all the time "but love use immunity quest more fun & easy don't worry about cheat boss from defeat you!

but one thing annoying (complain about making big deal with complain about overpower spell) reason why shadow enhanced spell are overpower (Just kept lower level wizard from farming the darkmoor dungeon) why darkmoor such of hard dungeon (reason why made shadow enhanced spell) because pvp more fair (not unfair (when chance older crafting spell doesn't have a buff now they do!

now happy fomori (now -25% accuracy buff) now make more easy for mean win pvp (just keep spamming that and lucky for me and also have catalan also have (-25% accuracy buff) just replace formori (for bigger damage buff

formor (same damage) but accuracy buff
catalan (there damage was: 690 but damage boost by 10 more damage now: catalan 700 damage with accuracy buff

would choice fomori vs catalan

catalan do more damage with colossal: 975
formor do less damage more option damage: 450-530 with colossal only do to there option would be: 725-805

(so, pick catalan because stronger) use stronger spell (when I am ice) people start spamming ice shield/tower shield combo (only way beat those combo) use different spell or spam weaver with shadow shrike)

now I know win pvp vs storm (all have do beat them is: hit, shield, hit, shield, hit, shield so, hard for them to spam much as you do too them!

having high critical (does chance everything) ice had same amount damage and critical (same as storm) ice more better lucky with defense then storm but ice able do at weaker better then storm can!

know storm can't win (dare them beat ice wizard by being ice when ice being storm) be same

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
Scarlet Griffinrid... on Feb 5, 2015 wrote:
i am an ice student. i believe that we are NOT the weakest school. infact, the ice students are very powerful.

Even though we may not have lots of spells, the spells are still VERY powerful.
ice are weak school (not overpower) ice only powerful using tank set (but they not when they are offense)

don't even resist to others school at lower level (only ice resist gear at low level) because more harder for ice get there iceblade then storm (why storm got blade/trap so, early) spell are high damage they should have there blade at level 38 not ice!
--------------
Info Ice Not Overpower!

While I do realize this may be frustrating for most Fire and Storm Wizards, I think most people have been forgetting about the nature of Ice Magic:

Ice Wizards have the highest natural health points and defenses which enable them to take large amounts of damage without dying.

Likewise, Storm Wizard can deal a lot of damage in a single hit and Pyromancers will continuously damage their opponents.

My honest opinion on Ice being overpowered

Others Wizards are almost reaching level 100 and their power has grown exponentially throughout the years. Every school is unique and is exactly where it’s supposed to be!

KingsIsle gave all schools enough tools to fight resistance: Spears, Auras and Pierce gear! A skilled Diviner or Pyromancer will also use Prisms to get around Ice’s defenses and land a devastating hit on them. Having 79 Storm resist myself, I have experienced first-hand the power of Storm Wizards who would simply pierce my resist, manage to get around my Block stats and take me out with a critical hit!

This may sound biased, but Ice isn’t overpowered. The problem is that most players haven’t realized that the game is changing and they aren’t in Wizard City anymore. It’s time to adapt to these changes and build up new strategies.
----------------------------
Immunity Mostly Impossible (Unless Lucky With there Resist Pets)
------------------
I am ice (not Overpower)

sometime use offense gear (get to dungeon done will fast) use more critical then damage (ice more stronger spell) because weakest school (why ice have better spell) because ice school weaker (don't need worry about accuracy because our spell have high accuracy) make more useful for us to use jade gear for more healing as a life but harder for use to heal!

ice barely (so, many spell) so, hard for them win pvp (now because armor pierce/shadow magic/convert mostly possible just win pvp (if trying get a warlord badge as max level)

why so, much immunity around in pvp (because to rude to others because others school be to overpower for them)

likely want I said: I am ice (not overpower) do have immunity only use for good reason (want go for revenge)
-------
just stop complain in wizard city anymore (storm most overpower school then ice) possible make dent into now convert (I should do same thing for max ice wizard) resist doesn't matter anymore because armor pierce

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
Shadow 343 on Feb 15, 2015 wrote:
I totally agree with you here. I am not ice, but I agree. Ice is not weak. It is very, very strong. Sort of like life. They both may seem weak to people whom are not true ice players, like first wizard ice players. Ice and life both get much stronger in higher levels.

Ice is not weak.

-Oracle
life more healing spell then ice but ice more harder time then healing all we have snow drift (that just useless) life doesn't even use overtime heal anymore so, on exalted ice ignore heal vs life & use mine immunity life "so, get a jump on them" incase they heal when ice attack and immunity impossible just defeat life wizard when your ice (only way for me to beat them have to use mine immunity) so, trap there spinysaur so, there attack would fail

Survivor
Jun 22, 2012
PvP King on Dec 27, 2014 wrote:
Yes, many Ice wizards are present at the leaderboards, but how many of them are Exalted exactly? I counted, and there are only

So, you want to compare Frostbite to Poison? Gladly. Frostbite deals 110 dpp, and Poison deals 119 dpp. Poison, being at a lower pip cost, and dealing more per pips it consumes, is easily a better spell. Ice's aftereffects also aren't "devastating" either, their 9 pip spell leaves a one turn stun, in comparison to Myth's Medusa which leaves a 2 turn stun behind it. Even then, the aftereffect is easily avoided by the use of a Stun Block or Conviction.

I don't see how Life, Death, or Balance have a disadvantage...those are clearly the 3 cheapest schools in top level PvP.
Oh my gosh, you are complaining that people that are not exalted are beating ice exalted? And IDK why you are complaining about stun, my school, fire, has only one attack/stun spell, king artorious. And lastly, death has relatively higher damage than ice, ice is a defensive school, begging to be an attack school, if they get changed, they want defense back. Ice will never be happy.

- Justin Ironflame Level 95

Survivor
Jun 22, 2012
sliver moon wolf on Dec 28, 2014 wrote:
Ok

first off ice dose not need to be Nerf that's storm. storm gotten to the point where it power is really just to op for the game but that's for another topic

second we need are health more then life sent only thing we get close to a heal spell is snow drift and all that dose and steel a over time heal and we don't got good power.

thried life got so many heals and good health i don't think it really needs anything but a new hit all spell.

last thing is i think some of the people who are posting are vary rude remember respect other as you would respect you self it just a ideal and this just a game.
Storm is supposed to hit hard, incase you have not noticed. Secondly life is a healing school, not ice. Thirdly, you are suggesting to make life better, so you can complain about them being to op. Lastly, you are just off topic.

Survivor
Jun 22, 2012
skysky1030 on Jan 1, 2015 wrote:
As a Thaumaturge I don't think this is true. Have people forgotten there are great advantages to being a Ice wizard? Including great health, and amazing defenses! Though Ice's attacks I agree are not the best, neither are balances! Balance focuses on traps, wards, and blades. Not many attacks in there, Or life where there are more healing spells then attacks. But that's what secondary schools are for! to strengthen the parts of our own school that are weaker. My secondary school is life and I picked it specifically because of their attacks that together with Ice's make for a good battle, and the ability to heal friends. It's working OK for me cause I also have some fire spells in there that do damage over time. And as to gear, you just need to know where to look to get good gear. Some of the hoard packs in the crown shop such as the ravens hoard pack that focuses on ice/Grizzleheim themed items give great critical strike and block advantages! But for those of us who don't do all their shopping in the crown shop, there are still great drops form bosses that are Ice school only, or clothing to craft! And in case you haven't noticed Ice students take up a VERY LARGE percent of the leaderboards.
Bravo, Bravo! I think this is the only ice wizard happy with the school! WOO!

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
proplayer508 on Mar 13, 2015 wrote:
Storm is supposed to hit hard, incase you have not noticed. Secondly life is a healing school, not ice. Thirdly, you are suggesting to make life better, so you can complain about them being to op. Lastly, you are just off topic.

life/death/balance cheapest school in TOP LEVEL PVP!

wrong about storm (pvp not meant for pure damage) nobody say: GG anymore pvp (FOR Doing K.O.) WHY so, much immunity around in pvp (keep others stop doing K.O.) why ice only school got immunity first (because weakest school)

fire/storm (overpower) before celestial was release (mostly fire dragon most overtime damage annoying pvp spell)

ice can be offense better then fire & storm can if i (dare fire wizard / storm wizard) just to see ice can break there immunity for a bet man!

(ice mostly don't heal at all only when vs balance) use snow drift (balance only school one heal) ice don't have healing & if was me and use more death spell then (i would Just go able to farm for: Saw Palmetto) just use bad juju Treasure Card!

I Like death spell heal better then life (absorb are useless vs drain)

one thing doesn't make since (why myth boost ice) should ice boost myth or life (mostly likely ice should boost to myth both opposite both same weakness & both same risky & both nearly same spell!

don't think life (never get aoe spell) until ice does beside mostly getting sick of single spell (ice always go those much as myth does)

if was me (would make aoe spell) i give ice there first drain spell because know good ice spell (could be drain spell" & clued balance (don't have overtime damage spell) yet, balance only get by wand from morganthe (call: Steel Giant) but spell is weak!

least can't for new world just (for new aoe) hope school doesn't have aoe for while should get one!

least i can't shadow enhanced spell part 2 (spell cast of 2 shadow pips & 5 power pips or 6 to 7 power pips!

least can't for next shadow magic spell (because i hope make more fair to make defense shadow shrike spell) had one with 50% resist, 10% stun resist & 25% critical block

Defender
Feb 08, 2009
I 100% agree. Ice has nothing special about it anymore. All schools have universal resistance (Most people have more than I do and I'm ice!). Also everyone can easily get a decent amount of block. .Plus Ice is really due for an Aoe ~Hasn't had one since level 58/Celestia (Myth got theirs).

Defender
Mar 10, 2014
i think it would be nice if the ice darkmoor robe could have one more point of accuracy so we would have 20 accuracy so we could not fizzle because all the other schools have the exact accuracy to make them not fizzle and storm has 3 over the accuracy needed if my reserch is right. also, a little more resist would be nice because of have much pierce every one has now.

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
Cass MoonHeart on Mar 20, 2015 wrote:
I 100% agree. Ice has nothing special about it anymore. All schools have universal resistance (Most people have more than I do and I'm ice!). Also everyone can easily get a decent amount of block. .Plus Ice is really due for an Aoe ~Hasn't had one since level 58/Celestia (Myth got theirs).
I have observed this too. Ice should have more resist and stuff than other schools, but that isn't the case anymore. needs a boost!

votes for

Survivor
Feb 29, 2012
Wow I have a lot to say on this topic after reading most of these comments, and I only speak for exalted levels, because that's where the biggest challenge is.

First of all I try to use schools for what their original purposes were. is obviously meant to be the tank that is toughest to take out. That being said its a little tough when I still die before I can land a powerful hit, I don't mind the low damage, pierce, critical. I however am a little bothered by the fact that malistaire gear gives everyone the same exact block and mostly similar resists (especially when compared to the differences among all other stats) If total destructive power was not meant to be for then it isn't, but the only satisfactory tanking skill has is its health. (in my sincere opinion and trying not to be bias)

Sure we have abominable weaver and its great shield that regardless of a shrike can save us from storm (with about 50 resist) and a second shield also is pretty nice. But now can have as much block as we do while having their amazing offensive capabilities, and our resist differences are only about what? 20? health is fine the way it is, if KI continues to drop 's offensive power I'm good as long as it is made up for with survival skills.

I am mainly a wizard and I find it very flexible and comfortable. A who can't pierce often wont do very much against a good tank. BUT is amazing in the sense that we have so many different options, and lately with Gaze and Lore we have pretty good offensive capabilities.

Khrulhu can do up to a 1,000 with colossal and the fact that it drains evens out the playing field.

Survivor
Nov 26, 2010
PvP King on Dec 25, 2014 wrote:
In my opinion, Ice has become probably the weakest school ever since Hades, and it completely fell down a hopeless pit when Malstaire gear was released. Ever since those two updates, the meta has been a hard driven offense-fest. Well, ever since Hades anyway. Malistaire introduced a whole new stage of PvP - The first to hit hardest wins. I believe that this is the wrong way to lead Wizard101, but I will leave that topic for another discussion.

So, with the new meta games for PvP, Ice has fallen into a stage where it's the slowest, easiest to control, weakest damaging school. Its stats don't even let Ice compare to any of the other schools. You could argue that Ice is still a very defensive school, but let's compare their so called "resist" and armor pierce to a Storm's resist and armor pierce:

Ice, with the full Malistaire gear set, a 15% resist pet, Duelist's Daredevil Ring and Amulet of Divine Influence will have a total of 60% resist and 20% armor pierce. Storm with the same setup will have 49% resist and 34% armor pierce. If you subtract Ice's 60% resist by 34% armor pierce, Ice only has 26% resist to Storm. If you subtract Storm's 49% resist by Ice's 20% armor pierce, Storm has 29% resist to Ice. Due to that calculation, Storm is technically more defensive than Ice since it has 3% more resist vs an Ice wizard compared to an Ice wizard who has 26% resist vs a Storm wizard.

Second of all, Ice has a significantly lower chance to land a critical on Storm than Storm does on Ice. Ice, with the gear said above, only has 55% critical. Storm, on the other hand, has 77% critical. Both schools have 55% block with the setup, which means that since Storm has the same block percentage as Ice's critical percentage, Ice cannot land a critical on a Storm wizard. However, a Storm wizard has a 28% chance to land a critical on an Ice wizard, which is completely unfair.

In conclusion, Ice has no resistance, critical, or critical block advantages on any of the other schools. It technically has lower resist than most schools (due to armor pierce), less damage, less power pip chance, far less armor pierce, critical that can't bypass anybody's block rating, and the same block rating as every other school. I believe that Malistaire gear should give a different amount of critical rating depending on the school, for example, since Storm has the most critical, it will have the least block rating, while since Ice has the least critical it will have the highest block rating out of all the schools. This will help Ice in general become a better school, as it won't just be a 6000 health punching bag like it is right now. It will also fix the unfairness in the critical to critical block ratios between schools, and will even out the entire playing field in the Arena, as stats are unfair right now.
I actually somewhat agree, but then also disagree. I agree because as an exalted all the exalted ice wizards I face are starting become less and less of a threat. I can usually easily take them out pretty easily. They weren't as good as they use to be back in the day, when everyone was a ice wizard and a warlord as well. I would say they do pretty good in 2v2, 3v3 and etc. However, just take a look at the leaderboards right now. There are A LOT of grandmaster/legendary ice wizards that rule the leaderboards right now. For both ranked and tournament. So I wouldn't say they have became unpopular or underpowered or anything. They are clearly a very popular school.

Survivor
Feb 17, 2012
What do you want? An ice with 80+ resist to all schools, 7,000 health, and 70 damage. If anything ice needs to be nerfed. Ice can already get immune to 2 schools do we really need to add more resist? Ice also is not very weak. When you get hit with a Winter Moon or something from a level 100 ice are you really thinking, "This is going to be so weak?" I even saw a level 55 ice with 50 resist to all schools and 80 resist to storm in pvp. HE WAS LEVEL 55. By level 55 on my storm I had at most half the health of an ice 10 levels below me and way less resist.

Defender
Mar 10, 2014
Kevin Nighthunter on Jun 7, 2015 wrote:
What do you want? An ice with 80+ resist to all schools, 7,000 health, and 70 damage. If anything ice needs to be nerfed. Ice can already get immune to 2 schools do we really need to add more resist? Ice also is not very weak. When you get hit with a Winter Moon or something from a level 100 ice are you really thinking, "This is going to be so weak?" I even saw a level 55 ice with 50 resist to all schools and 80 resist to storm in pvp. HE WAS LEVEL 55. By level 55 on my storm I had at most half the health of an ice 10 levels below me and way less resist.
ice needs a boost because there is nothing special about it any more. any school can get 80 resist to all schools with jade gear. and jade gear is usable by all schools. i saw a death wizard that had 84 resist to all schools and was immune to 4 schools not just 2 and he as death not even ice. and balance can get 6000 health with jewels about as much as ice just a little bit less, i think that ice wizards with 7000 health would be fair. the level 55 ice wizard you saw was probably using a pet with spell proof spell defy and storm ward which any school if they work hard to get can get a pet like that and useing waterworks or the warlord gear get the same amount of resist as the ice wizard you saw . and with every schools darkmoor gear gives them 20+ pierce except ice so an ice wizard with 70 resist to all schools would be fair because 20 - 70 is only 50. i think that ice needs a boost and storm can get the same amount of block as ice but have more critical that is not fair ice does need a boost.

see you in the spiral

Survivor
May 30, 2009
I've played Ice, though I didn't partake in very much PVP, but near the end of MooShu, I was struggling so hard I just decided it wasn't worth trying to finish the game, so I deleted that Wizard and started over with a Life wizard. And in less then one month, she is almost to the same point in the game ( and with a MUCH better PVP rating ) then my Ice managed to get in almost 4 months! If anything, it's the fact Life can heal themselves constantly throughout the battle ( not counting the fact they could have pets who can heal them ) and have more heals then all the other schools that make them very strong. Throw in the fact they could be armed with Reshuffle, and they can just wait it out while you use up all your attack spells and are forced to flee the duel because you have no cards left. With theit healing stats at only 10% Incoming and 15% Outgoing, their Satyr is already healing over 1000 damage, and that's before they even hit level 40! So just imagine how much they could be recovering at level 100 and with their healing stats driven through the roof! Pile on some decent resist and block rating for all the schools ( including Shadow ), and watch out! All in all, if they focus on healing and waiting for you to run out of cards, Life can be very annoying to defeat purely because of the fact they have the ability to shrug off thousands of points of damage and laugh it off while their heals do all the work. Pair a high-healing Life with a high damage Wizard who can focus on hammering the enemy while the Life keeps them healed up, and you got one virtually unstoppable team right there.

Survivor
Jan 21, 2013
yes ice is good at pvp I think ice needs a higher critical that's all

-Katherine s. lv 64

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
If ice doesn't need a boost, then other schools must be nerfed. When you look at an ice wizard closely and compare them to another school, you WILL see NO difference! None AT ALL!!! Every school can get as much resist and block as ice. They don't even have a defensive spell usable in PVP that another school cannot access. Is it just me, or is there something terribly wrong with this picture? Ice has less pierce than the other schools by more than 15%. Less critical too. And, they cannot get 100% damage without dropping other needed stats like the other schools. This wrong?

Ice has nothing special besides their health and even that is falling. With the next update, ice will most likely be a dead school. And everyone just sits around doing nothing about it save the ices! Now, I understand that some of you aren't ice and are standing up for ice, but I just want to make an estimated count. The majority of posters on the topic are, or have played, ice, correct?

In game, fire is the opposite of ice. Irl, though, storm is ice's opposite. Storm is offense and ice is defense. Which means that if storm becomes too powerful, ice will go bye bye, literally. KI, if you read this post I want to tell you that I think instead of boosting storm and leaving ice the same, BOOST THEM BOTH. By boosting storm and not ice, you aren't just leaving ice as it is. You're unknowingly nerfing them. Now, I am not, nor have played as, an ice wizard before, but I can tell you with confidence that ice dies as storm lives. There is a balance between opposites and we have forgotten that balance. Raise opposites on the same platform at the same time to keep the balance. Ice dies as storm grows so have them BOTH GROW. Don't just sit by and ignore the common sense of balance in irl as well as in game! Please, realize what I am saying and act on it. Don't just react to this, respond. And respond appropriately.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Shadow 343 on Jun 8, 2015 wrote:
If ice doesn't need a boost, then other schools must be nerfed. When you look at an ice wizard closely and compare them to another school, you WILL see NO difference! None AT ALL!!! Every school can get as much resist and block as ice. They don't even have a defensive spell usable in PVP that another school cannot access. Is it just me, or is there something terribly wrong with this picture? Ice has less pierce than the other schools by more than 15%. Less critical too. And, they cannot get 100% damage without dropping other needed stats like the other schools. This wrong?

Ice has nothing special besides their health and even that is falling. With the next update, ice will most likely be a dead school. And everyone just sits around doing nothing about it save the ices! Now, I understand that some of you aren't ice and are standing up for ice, but I just want to make an estimated count. The majority of posters on the topic are, or have played, ice, correct?

In game, fire is the opposite of ice. Irl, though, storm is ice's opposite. Storm is offense and ice is defense. Which means that if storm becomes too powerful, ice will go bye bye, literally. KI, if you read this post I want to tell you that I think instead of boosting storm and leaving ice the same, BOOST THEM BOTH. By boosting storm and not ice, you aren't just leaving ice as it is. You're unknowingly nerfing them. Now, I am not, nor have played as, an ice wizard before, but I can tell you with confidence that ice dies as storm lives. There is a balance between opposites and we have forgotten that balance. Raise opposites on the same platform at the same time to keep the balance. Ice dies as storm grows so have them BOTH GROW. Don't just sit by and ignore the common sense of balance in irl as well as in game! Please, realize what I am saying and act on it. Don't just react to this, respond. And respond appropriately.
Ice has more resist than every school and more health than every school. I do agree that Ice should have more block than every school and that needs to be addressed. Abominable weaver is an offensive/defensive spell that other schools do not have access to. Ice as is in the current meta is a solid mid-tier school at best while storm is a low tier school as best. Both schools need boosts in different areas but Ice is far from dead.

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
Eric Stormbringer on Jun 9, 2015 wrote:
Ice has more resist than every school and more health than every school. I do agree that Ice should have more block than every school and that needs to be addressed. Abominable weaver is an offensive/defensive spell that other schools do not have access to. Ice as is in the current meta is a solid mid-tier school at best while storm is a low tier school as best. Both schools need boosts in different areas but Ice is far from dead.
Jade gear is available to all schools and gives a mounding amount of resist. Any school can get as much resist as ice unless you are thinking about one particular school. But how many ice wizards have you seen that do that? Ice has the most health which is really the only thing keeping them different from the other schools. Storm and ice are blending too much to be logical opposites. Well, storm is mostly blending with ice but you get my point.

Defender
Mar 10, 2014
i feel like the other schools are taking ices uniqueness. ice used to be the only school with universal resist then waterworks came out and all the other schools got universal resist. then on the darkmoor gear all the schools get the same block as ice, that is 2 of ices unique traits gone. it would make it fair since all the schools have the same block then they should all have the same critical, but then the game would be boring because all the schools would be the same. most of the ice players on the leader boards are level 50 not level 100.

just my opinion

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Eric Stormbringer on Jun 9, 2015 wrote:
Eric,

One item that we disagree on is where is Storm in PVP, I see them differently than you.
All players see the flaws with their own school more than others, we all know that.

I see the teirs as follows:
Teir 1
Fire is clearly at top, no question in my mind. Your article on Fire displacing Balance was 100% correct.
Life (Just a solid all around player right now for PvP).
Balance, this school as actually lost a lot with the Jewel release. Loremaster has been dropped in it's ability by the accuracy jewels. I still consider it a top Teir school, but certainly not at the top of the Teir anymore.

Teir 2.
Death, the Peirce Jewels have made Death a lethal combatent again.
Storm, the Peirce Jewels have made Storm able to drop you health no matter what you do. The added resist
in the Darkmoor gear (and packs if you wnat to go there) has also really helped. At 44 peirce, Storm
has a reasonable chance now to win any match. 20 or more in Darkmoor gear, 18 in jewels, and 6 for the
ring, makes them a pure damage machine.

Teir 3.
Ice, the Peirce Jewels have pretty much taken away any advantage Ice once had. At around 60 resist, they
just can't survive long enough to win.
Myth. nothing needs to be said here, with low resist, low health, they are sitting at the bottom of the bucket.

Whether any of this has meaning is in quesiton, as I see PvP dying in this game.