Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A Learning Cave

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 24, 2009
I'm tired of reading people complain on the PvP board about the system flaws, so I have an idea that's geared more towards people who are maxed, but still works for people of all levels. It's a cave where there's an enemy who's level and strength fluctuate with your level and strength. The most challenging part of the cave would be that every time you challenge the cave, the enemy learns your strategy and creates a counter strategy, making you have to change your own strategy every time. This would create difficulty and a way of creating a new strategy. There would obviously be very good spoils as incentive for beating it numerous times. Not the first time since beating it once would be child's play. If anybody has any ideas to add or critique, let me know in the comments.

Richard BattleStone lvl 89

Defender
Sep 17, 2011
FireMorgan13 on Dec 22, 2014 wrote:
I'm tired of reading people complain on the PvP board about the system flaws, so I have an idea that's geared more towards people who are maxed, but still works for people of all levels. It's a cave where there's an enemy who's level and strength fluctuate with your level and strength. The most challenging part of the cave would be that every time you challenge the cave, the enemy learns your strategy and creates a counter strategy, making you have to change your own strategy every time. This would create difficulty and a way of creating a new strategy. There would obviously be very good spoils as incentive for beating it numerous times. Not the first time since beating it once would be child's play. If anybody has any ideas to add or critique, let me know in the comments.

Richard BattleStone lvl 89
You can make a complete copy of your self. However Strategy is unpredictable. It changes by it self each time you enter the battle in pvp format. The cards aren't showing up. The player went first or second. The pip fail. The school all those things are to be considered in pvp. To be able to train a player on PvE with the strategy in play wouldn't make much of benefit because in pvp it works a little different. be able to change strategy based on fighting the Monster who memorizes the things you did in previous match is the same as to say a new dungeon in which you must work a little different. In other words it's as to say each time you enter a dungeon the new boss will appear and RNG is in his favor.
However. If this idea is to be a little polished and worked through. And made allot of changes then it might work.

Explorer
Dec 24, 2009
Dang, RNG is a good point. For some reason that never occurred to me. So far, and I haven't been thinking for a while given time I'll think of something better, I think that when you're in this area, the order of the spells in your deck affect the probability of them showing up, similar to P101. There are some flaws to this but it's the best I got for the time being. If you have any ideas mykola230, I'd be more than happy to read them.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
FireMorgan13 on Dec 23, 2014 wrote:
Dang, RNG is a good point. For some reason that never occurred to me. So far, and I haven't been thinking for a while given time I'll think of something better, I think that when you're in this area, the order of the spells in your deck affect the probability of them showing up, similar to P101. There are some flaws to this but it's the best I got for the time being. If you have any ideas mykola230, I'd be more than happy to read them.
Then you'd have to be able to affect the order of your spells in your deck.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Don't make a learning enemy. It will inevitably become sentient, escape the game world, incite a robot revolution, and we'll all be forced into servitude by our new mechanical masters, all cursing your terrible idea.

That and it would be really hard to code and doesn't add much to the game.

Explorer
Dec 24, 2009
Hmmmmm. Good point. I never thought about a robot uprising for some reason. I wanted to create an alternative to PvP but clearly I didn't think this through to well. Coding a learning enemy would be a pain. I'm going to think things through to make a better alternaive to PvP. If you have any ideas please feel free to post them.

Richard BattleStone lvl 92