Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Unlucky Fishing!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 29, 2013
I don't know if it is just a glitch or something, but I have problems fishing!

1. The quest Lucky Hookline gives you after you catch Ice school fish (once first introduced to fishing) about catching the fish in Olde Town is hard for me! I have never caught one of the fish he'd assigned, and it's been about a year or so. Is anyone else having this problem? If so, I know it is just a common problem that I know of. I am a little worried, but mostly confused and wanted to see if others knew why. Thanks!

Signed,
Emily Deathblossom

As soon as you achieve rank 2 in fishing, go back to Lucky Hookline and learn the Reveal Fish School spell.

Learn the school of the fish you're trying to catch, either by asking other players or by looking it up on one of the many fishing guides.

Use the Reveal Fish School spell to see the schools of the fish in a pond.

Look for the school of the fish your trying to catch. Try to catch those fish.

If you use a fish catching spell that's of the same school as the fish, your chances of catching the fish are greatly improved.

Good Luck!

Arthur

Survivor
Jun 29, 2013
Arthur Wethersfiel... on Nov 5, 2014 wrote:
As soon as you achieve rank 2 in fishing, go back to Lucky Hookline and learn the Reveal Fish School spell.

Learn the school of the fish you're trying to catch, either by asking other players or by looking it up on one of the many fishing guides.

Use the Reveal Fish School spell to see the schools of the fish in a pond.

Look for the school of the fish your trying to catch. Try to catch those fish.

If you use a fish catching spell that's of the same school as the fish, your chances of catching the fish are greatly improved.

Good Luck!

Arthur
Thank you Arthur Wethersfield! This helped me so much! Now that I understand that it is not a glitch, I now know that others are having the same problem and I am able to catch certain fish. What helped me even MORE is how you explained what I have to do in order to catch the certain fish I need to for quests! Again, I give you my thanks!

Signed
Emily Deathblossom