Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Chests in fishing

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 17, 2014
So, the other day I was bored on wizard101 and decided to do some plain old fishing.Everything was pretty normal and then... Boom! I got a chest!

I got about 1 thousand gold and treasure card.What about you guysAny luckI've heard you could get a pet Siren,is it a myth or is it the truth

Explorer
Jul 17, 2014
Nicole ShadowSong on Nov 4, 2014 wrote:
So, the other day I was bored on wizard101 and decided to do some plain old fishing.Everything was pretty normal and then... Boom! I got a chest!

I got about 1 thousand gold and treasure card.What about you guysAny luckI've heard you could get a pet Siren,is it a myth or is it the truth
I've had SO much luck with chests. One time I got three chests in a row!! 5,ooo coins in a minute is pretty cool huh?? I've heard about pets being in chests and I don't think that it's true.

Sabrina WinterbladeICE level 23

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
Pets can be found in fishing chests. I got a crabling pet that way. I also got some aquariums from them.

Survivor
Jul 14, 2013
I was fishing in mooshu and i got a chest, to my suprise it had a frosty fish pet in it! pets in chests are a real deal!

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
I've gotten a lot of aquatic pets from fishing chests. I've reeled in a Li'l Siren, Crabling, Frosty Fish, Starfish, Spinyfish, and a Wetland Hunter. Some I've caught more than once. The Li'l Siren I caught was in Ravenwood while I was fishing for Errol Flynn.

Defender
Jun 16, 2011
jennaw1123 on Nov 4, 2014 wrote:
I've had SO much luck with chests. One time I got three chests in a row!! 5,ooo coins in a minute is pretty cool huh?? I've heard about pets being in chests and I don't think that it's true.

Sabrina WinterbladeICE level 23
Nope, pets can be found in treasure chests. Many people have already found baby sirens and other miscellaneous pets.

Defender
May 17, 2014
EDIT// I spent all my energy on my high leveled wizard on fishing,to my suprise I got two wands, some rings, amulets, AND a pet Siren. I guess it just takes some time

Survivor
Jun 15, 2013
i once got an aquarium from a chest and stored my unique gobblerfish in it.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
I've gotten ALL the aquaria I currently own, from chests found in Cyclops Lane and various places in GH.

I use them to transfer fish to my crafting wizard, then when the crafting is done, they get a permanent occupant.

Would love to see the Multi-tanks start dropping in chests as well, once test goes live. Especially if it allows me to put Small Fry, Regular, and Whopper versions of the same fish species side by side, on display. I would love to showcase my full range of sizes of Vampire Squid :)

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
firestar422 on Nov 7, 2014 wrote:
Nope, pets can be found in treasure chests. Many people have already found baby sirens and other miscellaneous pets.
I just got a Piranha Hunter pet while fishing in Village of Sorrows in Mooshu. Pretty impressive pet for a low level world considering only one cheating boss in Khrysalis drops it.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Pet:Piranha_Hunter

Survivor
Dec 17, 2012
i guess I have to go fishing more.
I knew that chest gave you gold but I didn't think of pets