Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Bone Dragon Mount

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 04, 2010
Ok, I have probably purchased well over 50 of these packs, and still no mount. I don't know exactly how many, but lets say enough to get 5 dragon wings mounts, 3 sea dragons, and probably 20 sets of the armor. I know I am not the only one, but how long did it take everyone else to get the mount

Even if you put it in the crown shop for a ridiculous price- tens of thousand of crowns- I think people would still buy it. The pack is gone any ways.

Kingsisle, can you pleeeeaaaasssseeee do something like this to put the mount in the crown shop. It is probably the coolest thing you've ever made.

Survivor
Dec 06, 2011
I got one on pack 20. I was lucky I guess because I got the wings before it which I wasn'nt actually after but quite like now I have them. But, I feel your pain because last halloween I splashed for probably a hundred packs or more trying to get the nightside tapestry and never did, while my daughter sitting next to me racked up four in quick succession! Then the night wyvern. Man I love that mount. And it does the cool thing of becoming pocket sized when you dismount, if you have the right shenlong equipped :D That mount took me months to get. I bought a ton of packs, then again a while later and again and so on until I eventually gave up. Then one day I had about 400 crowns left so I got a pack. And there it was! And I love that mount even more now. It's completely random whether you'll get the item you're after with all the packs and can be so frustrating while it's not happening. All you can do is hope.
One thing though, not sure if this is deliberate or just me thinking it is. Buying packs at a home always gets me better items than doing so while in the bazaar or on the streets as it were. It's so noticable for me that I think it's intentional that packs bought while in the bazaar only contain items I don't need/want or can't use. So it's easy to sell most of it straight away and be ready to buy more packs, which is what makes me think it's slightly less random when in the bazaar.
Good luck though, I hope you get it eventually

Explorer
Feb 02, 2014
Pack buying is gambling. I've got a hydra and 3 learned spells. On the other side, I spent 60k looking for something specific and didnt get it :( I feel your pain.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
With packs you just never know what you're going to get.
I get how you feel, I have opened several packs hoping to get the mount but I do agree about the fact that you do get better chances when opening packs inside a home, preferably your own. I opened several Wyvern packs in the commons area, nothing. I opened more packs at my villa and 5 packs in, there it was!

Best of luck to you Young Wizard!

Suri DreamSong

Explorer
Feb 17, 2011
I've learned something, never open a pack simultaneously for something. I did that trying to get flashing dragon spear and didn't get it. Then a few months later i opened the same pack for laughs and giggles because i had a feeling i wouldn't get it, but the very fist item, flashing dragon spear! Also i wasn't trying, but i have 3 or 4 ultra are wands from packs!

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Suri DreamSong on Oct 5, 2014 wrote:
With packs you just never know what you're going to get.
I get how you feel, I have opened several packs hoping to get the mount but I do agree about the fact that you do get better chances when opening packs inside a home, preferably your own. I opened several Wyvern packs in the commons area, nothing. I opened more packs at my villa and 5 packs in, there it was!

Best of luck to you Young Wizard!

Suri DreamSong
"I do agree about the fact that you do get better chances when opening packs inside a home, preferably your own."

False. Where you open a pack has nothing to do with the rewards, it's pure luck. As you said, "With packs you just never know what you're going to get.

Survivor
Jun 04, 2010
Yeah, I haven't noticed any more luck with where you open packs. Just recently, on my forth try, I got the nightfall harrowings and opened most if not all the packs in the commons.