Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Resistance And Health in PvP

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 31, 2013
I am just about done with PvP in this game. It is completely unfair to a storm wizard like myself to only have around 3,500 health, and measly resistance, to go against an Ice wizard or a Balance wizard with 5,000-6,000 health with %70+ resistance to every school. It doesn't make sense to give the highest health wizards the highest resistance at the same time. If anything, the lower health wizards should have more resist. That would definitely balance the game AND PvP a lot more than the fake balance Kingsisle is currently running. But even though the day will never come that Storm wizards either get a major health boost or a major resist boost, i will be waiting patiently and impatiently at the same time, not doing PvP, until that day comes.

Alex Ghostflame
Level 100

Defender
Oct 10, 2010
atoyan917,

I have a Storm at level 97, so I know storm fairly well, and find that in PvP, we got a 50 - 50 chance, being first or second I feel. Shrike has helped a lot, and in my opinion it has helped storm and death,
as much if not more than anyone. I'm running 33 resist, and 40 to Ice and 46 to Fire.
That's enough resist, where if they try to take me out fast, I got a good chance.
I know your feelings, but I feel that an aggressive Storm is one of the best 1v1 there is.

Survivor
Apr 29, 2014
I do not believe it is school based you mean the gear? I don't personally think high resist gear was ever a good idea for PVP. After countless tourneys it is rare that someone actually dies at my level in 1v1 because we have gear. Someone would need to make a really big mistake. 9 out of 10 times Diego decides due to ridiculously overpowered resist gear. I mean you can get a full commander set at level 10 and add a pet to that and well you don't have to ever die in tourney.

I could go on for ages but fact is resist levels are way way too high on gear. Its not the characters themselves.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
70% universal resist? Smells like a jade to me. Bear in mind that no one likes jades.
As for your "low health should get high resist", that unbalances the game in favor of damage schools like Storm. 4k health is the same as 2k health and 50% resist if we ignore pierce. Just Shrike the guy.

Survivor
Oct 06, 2013
Robobot1747 on Aug 1, 2014 wrote:
70% universal resist? Smells like a jade to me. Bear in mind that no one likes jades.
As for your "low health should get high resist", that unbalances the game in favor of damage schools like Storm. 4k health is the same as 2k health and 50% resist if we ignore pierce. Just Shrike the guy.
Why would someone ignore the pierce so he or she could kill or .For someone like me how has no crowns to get in player vs player it would seem hard to even come close to kill one.

Survivor
Jan 12, 2013
Jade gear is the best resist gear but in pvp, it's hard to pierce without shrike or infallible, its shocking when you find a jade with 69% resistance and 6,000 or 5,000 health.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2014
Well i can tell you now, They will most likely NOT gives storm a decent health boost. Because its massive damage and critical. Yes the resistance is pretty bad too.

All you got to do is be level 100 storm, Get jade boots with hades gear and pet that gives 15% resist, Gives me 51 resist and 82 damage.