Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ideas About Pips

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Hello, fellow wizards! I am Kane WildThief, and I have come to propose some new ideas regarding pips, particularly what happens when you reach maximum pips. Constructive feedback is appreciated, i.e. "I don't like this because..." not "This is bad".

Idea #1: More Pips
Sooner or later, KI will run out of big spells to give us. Why? Because we are currently restricted to 7 pip slots, so 14 pips total with full power pips. The current highest rank spell we have access to is rank 10. A new arc is coming, and who knows how many more there will be? My idea is to be able to hold more that 7 pips. This could be done through post-Khrysalis gear stats, or be done on a level basis, i.e. at level 120 you can hold 8 pips.

Idea #2: White Pips to Power Pips
Once you reach 7 pips, say you are building up for a powerful X rank spell, you will want all power pips. Naturally, you will be irritated if a white pip pops up. Rather than having to fumble around for a rank 1 spell to use it up and hope you don't get another, simply have it turn into a power pip next turn. To put it in less anecdotal terms, you will gain 1 pip every turn until you have 7, then every white pip you have will turn into a power pip at the rate of 1 per turn. It's not unbalanced, but can save you from "noob pip" frustration.

Kane Wildthief, Level 72 Necromancer

Survivor
May 13, 2013
To #1:
Honestly, in PvE, I use between an 8 pip and 10 pip spell to kill the boss, and I don't think I would go any higher than that.

In PvP, with the current pace of the game, I rarely ever use a 9 pip spell. For me, it's mostly 5 pip attacks combined with the occasional 8 pip attack. So, I don't think anyone would need a 11-14 pip spell anytime soon, unless there's a major PvP revelation.

To #2:
Great idea! I definitely love this, but I don't know how other people would feel about it. It makes the classic full pip Judge/Temp/Heckhoud/Armor/Dryad(Probably shouldn't even be in there) strategy much easier to use... which I'm sure almost everyone doesn't want.

In PvE? Sure, sounds like a great idea for everything.

Explorer
Feb 18, 2010
Survivor
Feb 17, 2014
personally i think that's great idea! (idea 1 and 2) not only is the problem mentioned in idea 2 (noob pip frustration) very real, it is also very annoying! idea 2 covered i will now move on to idea 1. i think that adding extra pips would be a great way for wizard101 to grow, because, Merle ambrose said it at the beginning. wizards love to duel! this would be great way to expand wizard101!
christopher ogre bane, level 36 theurgist

Explorer
May 07, 2009
Robobot1747 on Apr 13, 2014 wrote:
Hello, fellow wizards! I am Kane WildThief, and I have come to propose some new ideas regarding pips, particularly what happens when you reach maximum pips. Constructive feedback is appreciated, i.e. "I don't like this because..." not "This is bad".

Idea #1: More Pips
Sooner or later, KI will run out of big spells to give us. Why? Because we are currently restricted to 7 pip slots, so 14 pips total with full power pips. The current highest rank spell we have access to is rank 10. A new arc is coming, and who knows how many more there will be? My idea is to be able to hold more that 7 pips. This could be done through post-Khrysalis gear stats, or be done on a level basis, i.e. at level 120 you can hold 8 pips.

Idea #2: White Pips to Power Pips
Once you reach 7 pips, say you are building up for a powerful X rank spell, you will want all power pips. Naturally, you will be irritated if a white pip pops up. Rather than having to fumble around for a rank 1 spell to use it up and hope you don't get another, simply have it turn into a power pip next turn. To put it in less anecdotal terms, you will gain 1 pip every turn until you have 7, then every white pip you have will turn into a power pip at the rate of 1 per turn. It's not unbalanced, but can save you from "noob pip" frustration.

Kane Wildthief, Level 72 Necromancer
Or perhaps we could have a new type of pip that counts as 3?

Survivor
Apr 06, 2014
I love these ideas, especially the second. You should be able to merge two pips into power pips to save pip slot space. The first one is a given, they are going to need to do that.

Survivor
Mar 25, 2010
Really good idea, I have an idea too

School specific pips: Each school has their own colors so these pips will be a school color. These pips will be 3 pips for that school

Andrew Willow Friend 46 "Your life's an empty book and your the author"