Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

unfair with waterworks drops

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 07, 2012
this is so unfair i never got the boots just grandmaster stuff really who needs that we dont anymore
but reagents and treasure cards and pet snacks no way we want the gear who needs to farm this so unfair

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
This is the bugs forum, not the sour grapes forum. Clearly you still need to farm the gear if you find a need to post this.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
coolguy2170 on Mar 20, 2014 wrote:
this is so unfair i never got the boots just grandmaster stuff really who needs that we dont anymore
but reagents and treasure cards and pet snacks no way we want the gear who needs to farm this so unfair
All drops are random. Some seem to get a full set of gear easily, others not so much, but it's totally fair.

Defender
Apr 07, 2012
RavenLady777 on Mar 20, 2014 wrote:
All drops are random. Some seem to get a full set of gear easily, others not so much, but it's totally fair.
no its not

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
coolguy2170 on Mar 21, 2014 wrote:
no its not
Everyone has the same chances as everyone else. That IS by definition fair. If crown players could just buy it, then I could see some calling it unfair, but no one can buy it. It's freely given to all players who choose to work for it and everyone has the same odds.

Defender
Jul 27, 2011
Some people have better luck with drops than others. This is the same with hoard packs. Some people might get that special mount after buying 3 packs, and some people don't even get it after 100 packs.

Drop rates are a tricky thing in games. If you're not getting the WaterWorks level 60 boots, just keep trying and trying. More likely than not, people get it eventually. It took my fire wizard a good amount of tries before he got his full set. Sorry for the bad luck, all I can suggest is maybe find Promethean wizards to team up with to make it go faster.

((Side note, it is rumored that if you pick up white pearls in the WW dungeon, then the drops are not good, so don't pick up the pearls))

Sincerely,
Seth NightFlame95

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
coolguy2170 on Mar 21, 2014 wrote:
no its not
I got the boots 3 times. No hat though. Waa waa its not fair.

Survivor
Jan 28, 2009
Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
coolguy2170 on Mar 20, 2014 wrote:
I find the crafted gear from Wintertusk gets my wizards by. The helmet offers an extra stackable blade. Some of the boots aren't worth the bother, I have gotten a lot of mileage out the GM lvl 58 boots on some schools. I realize some hate crafting more then farming though.

I farmed WW for my Life then on my Death wizard and found I really gain no fun farming. Something about repeating the same thing over and over again just didn't work for me - along with the slight chance to get something for the time I "wasted". I would rather play the game then be stuck in one spot repeatedly. It bored me to near tears.

I feel gear is a major problem in this game since you get used to visiting the Bazaar up until the level 58 gear and then you are just let loose on your own devices on how to equip your wizard. I have recently devoted a wizard to helping others from DS to the end of Azteca - there are a lot of wizards out there struggling with lack of decent gear. Except for maybe wands my wizards seem stuck with level 56-60 gear though level 95? Up side I guess is I get my moneys worth out of stitching.

It does make my wonder though - is this lack of proper way to equip your wizard on purpose? Is it so less will play the upper worlds leaving them to the more serious players? If they didn't get pushed out by Celestia will the game finish them off by having Azteca do it? I am only going by what I have experienced in the game and using my friends lists as a guide of who stays and goes and how much help they do or don't need.

Mary

Defender
Jun 15, 2013
ArkyDavie on Apr 4, 2014 wrote:
I got mine by like try 3 or 4.
same here

Defender
Apr 05, 2012