Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best Plants to Garden

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 27, 2009
When my friends see my plants at my house, they ask me why I raise them and not anything else? Well, here's my response, (so quit pestering me Blake).

1. Since my house in the Wysteria Villa, I tend to buy seeds from Groundskeeper Verne, since things like that grow in Wysteria, in my view in goes with the house theme.

2. I've learned Silver Trumpet vines are great for garden XP, in mature they give 300, at elder they give 3000.

3. Blake, i got like 2 dozen prickly bear cacti planted because the drop level 8 mega snacks once in a while, and other decent 3-5 level snacks,

If you can recall these Blake, then you could admire my house next time then ask why i got the plants I've planted.
Happy Gardening!

Marcus Suncrafter, level 67.

Survivor
May 04, 2011
Well it really depends on what you are actually looking for. Moon Flowers are good for poly morph tc and Couch Potatoes give mega rank 9 snacks at elder and 3000 xp and other goods. The Silver trumpet is pretty good too, but if you are looking for snacks or tc I would suggest the crocodile tree or something like that and Couch Potatoes.

Survivor
May 04, 2011
Well it really depends on what you are actually looking for. Moon Flowers are good for poly morph tc and Couch Potatoes give mega rank 9 snacks at elder and 3000 xp and other goods. The Silver trumpet is pretty good too, but if you are looking for snacks or tc I would suggest the crocodile tree or something like that and Couch Potatoes.

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
Key Limes too. They give 300 xp each harvest, and 3,000 at elder and are very low maintenance. They also drop a nice selection of snacks and treasure cards. I like the Clockwork Flowers too, as they drop some rare clock related furniture items. Right now I have 72 plants, with 42 being Key Limes. The rest are a selection from the vast amount of seeds I've amassed. Hope to get to level 15 by next week so I can unlock the Khrysalis gardener. Happy gardening!

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
Key Limes are particularly good for experience because the seeds multiply, buy one form the crown shop and you'll soon have as many as you want. Put your extras in the shared bank and your alt characters can grow key limes too, this is a very quick way to get extra gardening plots, just create more gardening characters. It only takes growing 2-3 key lime plants to elder to get enough XP to reach gardening rank 8, high enough to grow any seed in the game and learn nearly all the useful garden spells.

For more tangible results from gardening, such as mega snacks, treasure cards, and reagents, this post summarizes things way better than I can:

www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?339813-A-guide-to-strategic-gardening

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2011
Couch Potatoes are good for gardening and the seeds for them are dropped in Grizzleheim by certain bosses and mobs. And once you get to Avalon the best boss to farm is Ogre in a tower in Caer Lyon. Ogre drops Evil Magma Peas which drop great treasure cards like Pierce, Earthquake, etc. Mega Snacks, Golden Wheat Bread, Cherry Tomatoes, Green Tomatoes, Captain Canteloupe, and a lot more stuff. Here are links to both plants: www.wizard101central.com/wiki/House:Couch_Potatoes
www.wizard101central.com/wiki/House:Evil_Magma_Peas
Megan Frostflame Level 95 Grandmaster Gardener Rank 12

Survivor
Mar 14, 2010
Well, when it comes to gardening, normally I'm only in it for either rare reagents or mega snacks.
For example:
King Parsley is my main source for the amber reagent.
Couch Potatoes and Evil Magma Peas drop really good mega snacks at elder harvest.
Red Grapes of Wrath drop 1 mega snack and are a little challenging to take care of, so I don't always garden them. But when I need some snacks quick, I head on over to the Bazaar and grab some because, unlike most good plants, Red Grapes of Wrath are auctionable and the Bazaar has tons!

Once again, I love gardening. It's my favorite thing to do in the game! There are also many more plants that I garden but those are just some.
-John StarCatcher level 80 balance