Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

pets should gain xp from your dueling

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 06, 2009
I know this has been said before but I can't find the posts to comment on them anymore. I'm one that really dislikes playing pet games to lvl them up. It takes so long and I find it so tedious. If there was an option to turn pet xp on, I'd gladly give up 1-3% or so of my own xp if it would give my pet some per fight instead. I would much rather be out defeating stuff and my pet gaining a little xp that way than what feels to me like wasting so much time in the pet games area. Besides if pets now cast spells, they're fighting too, they should get some benefits from it. And for those that don't want to give up the xp or do it the old fashioned way turn pet xp off.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
Dracan6645 on Feb 4, 2014 wrote:
I know this has been said before but I can't find the posts to comment on them anymore. I'm one that really dislikes playing pet games to lvl them up. It takes so long and I find it so tedious. If there was an option to turn pet xp on, I'd gladly give up 1-3% or so of my own xp if it would give my pet some per fight instead. I would much rather be out defeating stuff and my pet gaining a little xp that way than what feels to me like wasting so much time in the pet games area. Besides if pets now cast spells, they're fighting too, they should get some benefits from it. And for those that don't want to give up the xp or do it the old fashioned way turn pet xp off.
I completely agree with this, and per battle (like you) I think they should get like 1/100 of the xp. If it is 70 xp gained from a battle, then your pet will get .7 xp. The problem that would arise is decimals however.

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
I agree! Also, it would be cool if you got to feed your pet after the duel for even more xp?
Neela Lotusflower
Legendary

Explorer
May 17, 2010
I love this idea! Doing it as a % of what you get is a problem for both quest XP and when you get level capped. I think the pet should get xp on their own and especially be able to earn it while the wizard is level capped. Even if it is only for duel xp that would be good. Even if the amount of pet xp is really small (i.e. 1/10 what the wizard would have gotten) that would still be helpful. As for quests they could cap it (i.e. max 50 pet XP per quest) or set the pet xp for quests separately. And in dungeons, the pet would get quest xp only if the wizard was eligible for xp in that dungeon so they could get up to 50 for a 1st run and 25 on the 2nd run.
Oh, how I wish KI might consider this.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
It won't happen for a few reasons. First pets are optional. Training and hatching are a side action. You get a benefit from the extra work put in. The talents are your reward for the work. Pets shouldn't train themselves. Another reason this will never happen is that it takes away a main reason for Gardening, another side action in the game. The first two reasons add up to the main reason it will never happen. It gives all players something for nothing. There's no reward for working harder AND it loses money for the game developers. It's a lose/lose/lose proposal for gameplay, players and the company.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
While I agree with this, I think the amount of XP you get should be capped. Let me explain why. How much time and money did they put into pet training games? If we could get ALL our XP from fighting, then they'd be losing a HUGE amount of money on people who buy snacks. Heck, I'd never use snacks again. Just farm a monster for something you want and bam, instant leveling. As for the cap, it should stop around 25% of the total experience needed for the next level. This way, we get to go faster through training but KI doesn't lose much. This is a fair and balanced approach to pet training.

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
I agree completely with Seethe42.
Doing this would nullify the need for gardening, mega snack packs, and the pet games completely.

I don't really see KI making an update, or adding something that would end up costing them the income that they now make from these things.

I like the idea myself, but realistically, won't happen

Survivor
Nov 20, 2009
Ok, so what if the xp didn't start happening until your pet reaches Ancient or something like that to help get through the last two levels?

Survivor
Dec 31, 2009
I agree. I mean pet pavilion games are getting boring so is grub guardian. Plus whenever you get a pet to mega or epic you get a better pet

Alex Silverbreeze Ice wiz lvl 28 check me out.