Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How to Not Make Enemies in Wizard101

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 19, 2012
This is a sort of guide to help you be respected by anyone.

1. Never use someone's traps unless you have permission to!

2. Never beg to be gifted!

3. Never use someone to teleport to so you can get free stuff! (This happened to me)

4. Never say "I need a girl" or I need a guy"!

5. Never try to get passed the comment filter to swear! (It makes you look less mature, not more.)

6. Never go into a fight accidently and flee with no warning! (To some point, don't flee at all.)

7. Never, and I mean NEVER, take advantage of little kids! (stealing tc and other stuff)

8. Never keep playing a housing game when you know no one wants to play!

9. Never join sigils at the last second to reset people!

10. Never call anyone that is higher than level 10 a noob!

That's all I could think of for now. Tell me yours!

Survivor
Dec 01, 2013
i want to add to number ten on your list don't call anyone a noob it ain't nice just cuase your higher lvl don't mean your better i wish KI would ban the word noob

Dustin skullthorn lvl 16 /

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Shadow Ice Thing on Jan 25, 2014 wrote:

3. Never use someone to teleport to so you can get free stuff! (This happened to me)

5. Never try to get passed the comment filter to swear! (It makes you look less mature, not more.)

6. Never go into a fight accidently and flee with no warning! (To some point, don't flee at all.)

7. Never, and I mean NEVER, take advantage of little kids! (stealing tc and other stuff)

I agree with all but would change number 10 to NEVER call anyone a noob. Period. It's derogatory and rude.

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
Noob means "New" or "Newbie".

If you don't like it, ignore them is all I can say.
If you don't want to be called a noob, level up.

Survivor
Jun 19, 2013
I guess never say no when someone ask you to give them a gold treasure card either!

Delver
Mar 07, 2012
dustin skullthorn on Jan 25, 2014 wrote:
i want to add to number ten on your list don't call anyone a noob it ain't nice just cuase your higher lvl don't mean your better i wish KI would ban the word noob

Dustin skullthorn lvl 16 /
Agreed 110% with you, calling someone a "noob" is disrespectful and it can shatter confidence. We were all there once.

~ Vanessa Rainbowpetal, level 61 theurgist

Survivor
Sep 20, 2013
Shadow Ice Thing on Jan 25, 2014 wrote:

I have a great one Never pull someone away from there quest, and also don't glitch or bother someone in wizard101.

alia frost flame….\

Defender
Jul 10, 2009
The only ones I would add would be to say thx or ty after you're healed or someone gives you a blade or trap or something, if someone asks for help, reply to them, even if its to say you can't do it. And don't ask for heals or blades or traps or anything.

Haley MoonHeart, Innate Shadowmancer,

Survivor
Oct 13, 2011
NEVER spam-message someone with "Teleport to me" and "Help!" just so you can do Winterbane or the MS Pagoda.

~Ian Hawkblood, 33

Explorer
Oct 19, 2012
Haley MoonHeart on Jan 26, 2014 wrote:
The only ones I would add would be to say thx or ty after you're healed or someone gives you a blade or trap or something, if someone asks for help, reply to them, even if its to say you can't do it. And don't ask for heals or blades or traps or anything.

Haley MoonHeart, Innate Shadowmancer,
Don't ask for heals? Yeah, I don't entirely agree on that one. The rest is fine, besides the reply thing, they might be "afk".

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
1. Never beg someone for help just because they're a high level

2. Never beg people to do pagoda or winterbane

3. Never call anyone names

Thats all i can think of to add so far

Angela Gem lvl 84

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Ruthless Anthony on Jan 25, 2014 wrote:
Noob means "New" or "Newbie".

If you don't like it, ignore them is all I can say.
If you don't want to be called a noob, level up.
Actually this is not accurate. You might want to look at the thread on "High level players Noob vs experienced vs pro", where this discussion is also going on.

Especially look at Seethe42's comments, the first of which I quote here: "Newb" or "Newbie" are neutral as they mean a newcomer or inexperienced. "Noob" is used as a pejorative pretty much calling someone an idiot.

Dr. Von also had a very good comment about this a few posts later.

"Noob" is used as a put-down, describing a player who plays stupidly, sometimes through inexperience, as with a "newbie", but mostly just because they have not got a clue as to how a game works.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Even if you followed all these points to the letter, people would still be your enemy. It is impossible to stop people from making up their own reasons not to like you.

These guides are very helpful for damage control, however.

Explorer
Oct 19, 2012
Since I can't edit my post to add more, here is 5 more!

11. Never do puppet pvp! (If you don't know what that is, it's a level 95 doing pvp with a level 37)

12. Never text spam! (This also happened to me)

13. Never be selfish in battle! (If someone is close to 0 health and cannot heal, but you can, HEAL THAT DUDE!)

14. Never assume these things because people are a high level:
(list-ception)
1: They have crowns

2: They have a lot of gold

3: They have membership

4: They are skilled and have played many years and can do anything

15: Never try to be cool or brag! It's a video game!

Survivor
Jan 12, 2014
I would also add do not brag about something you bought with crowns. It just makes you look very spoiled.

-Hunter Legendheart Wizard, Level 41

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
Shadow Ice Thing on Jan 27, 2014 wrote:
Since I can't edit my post to add more, here is 5 more!

11. Never do puppet pvp! (If you don't know what that is, it's a level 95 doing pvp with a level 37)

12. Never text spam! (This also happened to me)

13. Never be selfish in battle! (If someone is close to 0 health and cannot heal, but you can, HEAL THAT DUDE!)

14. Never assume these things because people are a high level:
(list-ception)
1: They have crowns

2: They have a lot of gold

3: They have membership

4: They are skilled and have played many years and can do anything

15: Never try to be cool or brag! It's a video game!
On the "Don't be selfish point" I have to say that while I mostly agree with this, there are some instances which warrant you healing yourself. (Or not healing anyone at all.)

The first is if you're the healer and at low health. You have a few heals and the other guy is near dead. Problem is, so are you. What do you do, heal the guy with little to no heals or heal yourself so that you can heal the other guy later? I'd pick the second option, seeing as how it often gives time for them to either flee and regain health or for you to adequately heal yourself and them so you can continue to help others.

The second situation is in which someone joins the duel you started first and starts actin really rude. They start demanding blades and shields and the like and they then proceed to get targeted by the monsters when they attack. If anyone like this joins my battle, they don't earn heals because they weren't polite enough, in my opinion, to earn them. If they're rude to me, I don't see why I should have to help (Read: carry) them through the battle.

The third is when a low level joins my duels in a higher level world. I get that going to these worlds is cool, and I'd be fine if they were just walking through them and looking. If they were pulled in I'd try to be understanding and help out, but if they join on purpose or ask me to power level them and through some miracle get me to agree to that, then they have to be able to heal and shield themselves, seeing as how I'll probably be the one drawing the attention away from them. In that case I'd heal myself and let them die. I'm not trying to be rude there, but I'd like to try to dissuade them from power-leveling if at all possible due to the fact that they're not really gaining experience (As in, how to use their spells correctly and such.) by having me carry them through a fight or dungeon.

Survivor
Apr 30, 2011
Don't forget joining a boss/dungeon and leaving at the last second, leaving you to think. "Oh no! I better go out there and try again so he can have my help!" and to see him just gone, he just played a trick on you to feel bad.

Defender
Oct 27, 2013
1: don't call anyone "noob" when they are higher than lvl 10-15

2: NEVER i mean NEVER say "shut op", "you're mean" or report just cause they cheat in pvp

3: begging for crowns "its annoying when my lvl 84 fire friend keeps asking for crowns i told him parents disabled gifting"

• 4: don't lie. if you say you'll get two 25000 gold packs the other person says sure and just for 3 tc. then you destroy them

Explorer
Oct 19, 2012
poliwhirl555 on Feb 10, 2014 wrote:
1: don't call anyone "noob" when they are higher than lvl 10-15

2: NEVER i mean NEVER say "shut op", "you're mean" or report just cause they cheat in pvp

3: begging for crowns "its annoying when my lvl 84 fire friend keeps asking for crowns i told him parents disabled gifting"

• 4: don't lie. if you say you'll get two 25000 gold packs the other person says sure and just for 3 tc. then you destroy them
So you're saying that if someone uses a cheat, an exploit, a glitch, or anything that they shouldn't be doing, you shouldn't report them? I don't think that makes sense.

Survivor
Sep 10, 2011
Don't join in a fight that is in progress without asking first. You have no idea whether they are about to kill or not and can really cause a problem for them. For example, storm has low life. If my storm wizard is fighting, she will "chance" not healing in order to throw a kill spell. If someone jumps in without asking....it could mean she dies. Yes, she does normally stayed healed, just an example. It only takes a moment to ask, and the only time I ask them NOT to join is if I'm casting a kill spell in that round or the next. We all get pulled into fights on occasion, but when it happens with the same person every fight...it probably isn't accidental.

Common manners go a long way in this game. Don't yell HELP every 5 minutes. Only request help when you really need it. This is a game for you to level, no have someone level you. I have soloed the entire game, with the exception of some bosses, and I know it can be done. I accept lower level players as friends from time to time. I'm happy to help when they REALLY need it, but I'm not going to spend my time online helping them fight every battle. I'll delete you if you abuse it.

DO NOT port without asking first. That's just common manners. If you do it to me, I tell you the first time and delete you the second. No questions, you will have been told the first time.

I'm an adult player. This is NOT a kids game. It is a family game. I detest those who smart off about everything. I'll get away from you as quick as possible.

I do report cursing or "getting around" cursing. I don't curse, and I don't want to hear it. It is offensive to most mature people, and extremely offensive to me.

Thanks for listening!

Please and thank you are still considered nice. "Can you heal me" and "thanks for the shield" are nice...whereas "Heal me" or "Blade me" are rather bossy and don't work for me.