Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What do you think should be allowed in pvp?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 15, 2010
I"m O.K. with almost everything being remove in pvp (exempt pets and amulets) but I want to hear some other people think about what should and should not be allowed in pvp.

What do you think

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Removing anything more from PVP would be unfair to anyone who is just starting PVP. Why should people who got to use everything get the benefits of PVP gear against people who haven't had the chance to win it yet? Minions I think are pretty much the only thing that shouldn't be allowed.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
seethe42 on Dec 1, 2013 wrote:
Removing anything more from PVP would be unfair to anyone who is just starting PVP. Why should people who got to use everything get the benefits of PVP gear against people who haven't had the chance to win it yet? Minions I think are pretty much the only thing that shouldn't be allowed.
Minions are a large part of many people's strategies. They can be killed easily, possibly making them a pip waste for the person who cast them. They can ruin your strategy if they don't cast the correct spells. Most people only use them for shield removal, or in the case of the mander minion, shield and weakness spam. Why should they be removed? And, taking away minions would take away a major part of low level myth pvp. Many of the spells myth gets early are minion spells. Why take that away from them? At low levels, that's like taking away half of storm or fire's attack spells, or half of life's heals. It would just underpower the school. Please, Kingsisle, never take minions from pvp.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Aaron SpellThief on Dec 2, 2013 wrote:
Minions are a large part of many people's strategies. They can be killed easily, possibly making them a pip waste for the person who cast them. They can ruin your strategy if they don't cast the correct spells. Most people only use them for shield removal, or in the case of the mander minion, shield and weakness spam. Why should they be removed? And, taking away minions would take away a major part of low level myth pvp. Many of the spells myth gets early are minion spells. Why take that away from them? At low levels, that's like taking away half of storm or fire's attack spells, or half of life's heals. It would just underpower the school. Please, Kingsisle, never take minions from pvp.
I was referring to the lvl 75 Minions that are ALREADY excluded from pvp.

Explorer
Jan 29, 2013
I don't really think taking anything away would be helpful. My lvl 61 death oeverlord faces prometheans and she needs her mastery amulet and pet to even out the playing field same thing goes for my ice. And I Just love how I get rage from high lvl privates when I use angel on my ice and they say I'm a tc noob and that tc shouldn't be allowed in pvp.. I didn't use any spells stronger then their lvl so I don't see how I am being unfair. The only thing I think that needs to change is for the lvl differences now that we have shadow magic its just so unfair for the lower lvl wizards to go against. Even with the warlord gear and best pets ect I still have had one hit kills from the shadow magic because of the pierce and not able to block so maybe people with shadow should not ever be paired with a lower lvl its just to unfair.

Survivor
Nov 12, 2012
I think there should be a level limit of 20 levels difference to use certain treasure cards. So if you are level 38 you should be able to use the level 58 spells (58-38=20). That way it prevents the low level matches from using monster treasure cards on low level spells and using the high level aoe spells pre magus dueling, but it would not affect the fun of magus duels.

Survivor
Nov 15, 2009
I think they should remove crit ability from pvp. I have been in 5 fights in pvp where they started off first using one spell, criting and dealing 4k+ before I get a chance to respond and it is cheap to cast cause they can cast it over and over again. I have tried to raise my stats and/or my crit block but it doesn't help. giving pet crit stat ability was also a big mistake for pvp.

I think for pvp ONLY .....attacks and resist should be capped to 50% even with armor and pets equipped, critz/critz blocks removed and tc not allowed......if they cant cast it from their book, excluding the sideboard, or pet given, then they shouldn't be able to cast it at all. they can still wear all the jade armor or school raising abilities they want the outcome will be about the same that everybody have a equal playing field from capped atk/resist with no crit/crit blocks allowed and no fear from 1 hit wonder spells. all have a chance to win and not just 1 person and KI NEEDS to look into this.

Defender
Mar 08, 2013
HajimeNoIppo on Dec 5, 2013 wrote:
I think they should remove crit ability from pvp. I have been in 5 fights in pvp where they started off first using one spell, criting and dealing 4k+ before I get a chance to respond and it is cheap to cast cause they can cast it over and over again. I have tried to raise my stats and/or my crit block but it doesn't help. giving pet crit stat ability was also a big mistake for pvp.

I think for pvp ONLY .....attacks and resist should be capped to 50% even with armor and pets equipped, critz/critz blocks removed and tc not allowed......if they cant cast it from their book, excluding the sideboard, or pet given, then they shouldn't be able to cast it at all. they can still wear all the jade armor or school raising abilities they want the outcome will be about the same that everybody have a equal playing field from capped atk/resist with no crit/crit blocks allowed and no fear from 1 hit wonder spells. all have a chance to win and not just 1 person and KI NEEDS to look into this.
So you're saying that ice and lvl 50 warlords should be the only ones effected by the 50% resistance cap? That is kinda unfair to them. If I earned the warlord gear with a good resistance pet, I should have ALL the stats that my gear gives. For the attack. It effects everyone except for ice and maybe life. So you want ice and storm to lose the only thing they are good at just because they are at the opposite ends of the offensive/defensive spectrum? Not sure if this is what you were implying, but that's what I got out of it.

Survivor
Nov 15, 2009
No, I am talking about all players should be limited on there Attack and Resist percentage in RANKED PVP ONLY based on there lvl. like those under lvl 20 cant have an Attack or Resist over 15%, lvl 20-49 be 30%, lvl 50-79 be 45% and lvl 80-95 no higher then 60%.
I think TC are OP and should be banned as well as ban crit, crit block and shadow pips. TC were not considered OP until they put in higher lvls with better wands and armor (with high stats), crit, crit block and now shadow pips.
I mean this stuff I am ranting on about is all about Ranked PVP only, fighting other wizards in a duel, where everyone has the same equal chance of winning. as far as Practice PVP matches I don't really care if the ban or don't ban everything I just said since ranked and practice pvp IS 2 totally separate things. Practice pvp is about getting together and having fun and see what kind of dmg we can do to one another where as Ranked pvp cost crowns, who are about the same lvl with the same stats restriction as well as it should also be about who is better or who has the better strategy while earning their ranks, titles, points and tickets.

Defender
Mar 08, 2013
HajimeNoIppo on Dec 18, 2013 wrote:
No, I am talking about all players should be limited on there Attack and Resist percentage in RANKED PVP ONLY based on there lvl. like those under lvl 20 cant have an Attack or Resist over 15%, lvl 20-49 be 30%, lvl 50-79 be 45% and lvl 80-95 no higher then 60%.
I think TC are OP and should be banned as well as ban crit, crit block and shadow pips. TC were not considered OP until they put in higher lvls with better wands and armor (with high stats), crit, crit block and now shadow pips.
I mean this stuff I am ranting on about is all about Ranked PVP only, fighting other wizards in a duel, where everyone has the same equal chance of winning. as far as Practice PVP matches I don't really care if the ban or don't ban everything I just said since ranked and practice pvp IS 2 totally separate things. Practice pvp is about getting together and having fun and see what kind of dmg we can do to one another where as Ranked pvp cost crowns, who are about the same lvl with the same stats restriction as well as it should also be about who is better or who has the better strategy while earning their ranks, titles, points and tickets.
Like I said before with the resistance and attack cap, It affects Ice and storm the most and limits the only thing they are good at. For the 50-79 capped at 45% and 80-95 at 60%, that gets rid of a ton of resistance for ice against storm and fire. Every other school can have resistance to the other 2 schools they are in EXCEPT ice. They are limited just because you want to cap the one thing they are good at.

For the attack cap, the only class I've never seen above 45 at lvl 78 without losing some major stats is ice. You basically want ice to be an offensive school, which they aren't, by capping their resistance and capping every other schools attack.

I have an ice warlord as well as a fire and storm. I gotta say, capping these won't make anything more fair. It will just make ice and storm, a whole lot weaker.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
In PvP, I would like to see only one change, separate the Critical from the Non-Critical player. Or make a checkbox, to be matched with someone with no critical. Putting in a level 50 warlord against a Level 95 with Dark Magic and Massive critical, just doesn't seem all that fair.

Justanoob.

Survivor
Nov 15, 2009
Veracity8 on Dec 20, 2013 wrote:
In PvP, I would like to see only one change, separate the Critical from the Non-Critical player. Or make a checkbox, to be matched with someone with no critical. Putting in a level 50 warlord against a Level 95 with Dark Magic and Massive critical, just doesn't seem all that fair.

Justanoob.
this is true but what I am also saying is the level from which the wizard duels be fixed also so a lvl 50 never meets a lvl 95 because of a players ranking title. it has to be within a 10 lvl margin of yourself. like if you are 53 you will fight someone who will only be between the lvls of 48-58. or maybe have lvl stages where you can only enter stage matches based on your lvl. say each stage is in increments of 10's and at lvl 53 you can only enter and fight other wizards who are in the 50-59 lvl stage as well and the title will hold no merit on who they face.
the main reason why they wont ban TC is because of these facts. a lvl 50 warlord will face a player who also holds the warlord title doesn't matter what lvl they are. I believed this system to be flawed for a long time and should of been looked into.

Delver
Oct 26, 2010
"PvP was once a place where skilled players could test their skills using gear they spent hours farming for."
But now, it is a place where people get over 500 critical, 100 damage, and spam weak spells with enchants.
Even if you PvP on a 50-60, you will face Prometheans with shadow, which isn't fair whatsoever.
Without shadow, PvP was unfair with the spamming and the hades gear. But now with the 50% pierce from this shadow shrike spell, PvP is out of control. The other spells, (shadow sentinel and shadow seraph), are not overpowered, as they don't have any overpowered advantages. But this 50 pierce and 10 damage spell gives attackers ultimate power over PvP. But, anyways, getting to my point, this is what I think should be banned from PvP.

Shadow Shrike

Hades gear

Wild Bolt

Insane Bolt

Now, i know that the Insane Bolt TREASURE CARD, is banned from PvP, but what is the point of keeping the real spell still in PvP with no restrictions? Yes, it is a 50/50 chance of hitting you or the other person, but it seems like it rarely hits the person casting it. ~Nathan

Defender
Mar 08, 2013
A Balanced Life on Dec 22, 2013 wrote:
"PvP was once a place where skilled players could test their skills using gear they spent hours farming for."
But now, it is a place where people get over 500 critical, 100 damage, and spam weak spells with enchants.
Even if you PvP on a 50-60, you will face Prometheans with shadow, which isn't fair whatsoever.
Without shadow, PvP was unfair with the spamming and the hades gear. But now with the 50% pierce from this shadow shrike spell, PvP is out of control. The other spells, (shadow sentinel and shadow seraph), are not overpowered, as they don't have any overpowered advantages. But this 50 pierce and 10 damage spell gives attackers ultimate power over PvP. But, anyways, getting to my point, this is what I think should be banned from PvP.

Shadow Shrike

Hades gear

Wild Bolt

Insane Bolt

Now, i know that the Insane Bolt TREASURE CARD, is banned from PvP, but what is the point of keeping the real spell still in PvP with no restrictions? Yes, it is a 50/50 chance of hitting you or the other person, but it seems like it rarely hits the person casting it. ~Nathan
I liked everything up until the wild/insane bolt. Storm is basically all about chance because of their accuracy and health. It is a hit or die situation. I agree that insane bolt hits the enemy a bit too much, but wild bolt is a way to attack before the enemy puts a shield up. Storm has no dot spells, you can only get it from amulets or tc. Life doesn't have a dot spell for the longest time, but they have heals if they need to wand a shield away first. Storm doesn't, their heal is either a chance heal or a chance hit that makes the enemy heal instead of attacking you. Wild bolt is really storms unique spell. Fire, ice, and death have their dots in case if something gets shielded, myth has their minotaur type spells and dot, the only things that block balance are tower and the weakness spells, and life has their heals to blade up and try again. What does storm have? Their bolts. Storm has a hard enough time already trying to attack before a shield pops up. If bolt is banned from pvp, then there is nothing storm can do after their big hit is blocked.

I am talking about lvl 50 and below, so please don't go saying that storm has their crit.

Survivor
Oct 31, 2009
Time Lord602 on Dec 1, 2013 wrote:
I"m O.K. with almost everything being remove in pvp (exempt pets and amulets) but I want to hear some other people think about what should and should not be allowed in pvp.

What do you think
I think that everything should stay in PVP except Treasure Cards. They are basically Cheating.