Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance Hades vs Azteca WW and Crafted Gear

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 10, 2011
Hi, I'm Daniel Soulwalker, a Promethean Sorcerer, and I had a quick question for you all:

What's better:

Hades Gear of Justice
Hood of Judgement+Robes of Three Spirits+Boots of the Other Lizard
A Mix of the two

Defender
Apr 17, 2009
In my opinion Hades gear, then with the Archmage boots [Slippers of Perfect Poise], then with a Double resist pet (10 +5 resist) and you are pretty set.
Level 95Miguel
Level 92Miguel
Level 40Miguel

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
The Flamboyant Arc... on Nov 17, 2013 wrote:
Hi, I'm Daniel Soulwalker, a Promethean Sorcerer, and I had a quick question for you all:

What's better:

Hades Gear of Justice
Hood of Judgement+Robes of Three Spirits+Boots of the Other Lizard
A Mix of the two
that depends on how you play your wizard.

personally, i have a combination of hades gear and waterworks: i hate crafting, and the azteca gear is subpar compared to the other two, definitely not worth the time it takes to craft it.

-von

Survivor
Nov 10, 2011
Dr Von on Nov 17, 2013 wrote:
that depends on how you play your wizard.

personally, i have a combination of hades gear and waterworks: i hate crafting, and the azteca gear is subpar compared to the other two, definitely not worth the time it takes to craft it.

-von

I was kind of in a rush when I made this topic, so let me clarify:

I'm using a high-tempo, high-damage build with Death Mastery (I found it in a guide on Duelist101, the link to which is: http://www.duelist101.com/wizard101-pvp-guides-2/promethean-balance-with-death-amulet-1v1-wizard101/). It should be easier to understand my play style if you quickly look over the guide, but essentially, it is more focused on damage and a bit of critical as well.

My problem was that I can't decide what gear to use with the Hades gear coming out a while ago. The Hades gear is an all-around improvement, with a higher Balance critical rating than I have now with my Hood of Judgement, Robes of the Three Spirits, and Boots of the Other Lizard, but it also has less damage as well as critical block. I figured mixing these items together in some way would yield the best result, but I'm not really sure in what way to mix the gear together.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
The best thing to do is to keep mixing and matching. Not just the clothes, but also the wand and other gear to come up with the right combination you'll be happy with.

I generally keep a few extra pieces of gear in my backpack, depending on whether I'm soloing or questing with others.

I don't have any of the Hades gear (it still eludes me, including the athame and ring). If I play solo, I get my damage as high as possible as well as block and resist (87 damage, 47 univ resist, 200+ univ block). If I quest with others, I lower my damage, raise my resist and healing so I can help the rest of the team (73 damage, 52 univ resist, 67-100+ healing in/out).

I do a lot of mixing and matching gear and pets. I do find that the Hades gear isn't much of an improvement, except for critical. I don't like losing that much damage, so I'll stick with the WW and crafted gear I have. If I ever do get Hades gear, I have a mannequin that I can use for it.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
The Flamboyant Arc... on Nov 22, 2013 wrote:
I was kind of in a rush when I made this topic, so let me clarify:

I'm using a high-tempo, high-damage build with Death Mastery (I found it in a guide on Duelist101, the link to which is: http://www.duelist101.com/wizard101-pvp-guides-2/promethean-balance-with-death-amulet-1v1-wizard101/). It should be easier to understand my play style if you quickly look over the guide, but essentially, it is more focused on damage and a bit of critical as well.

My problem was that I can't decide what gear to use with the Hades gear coming out a while ago. The Hades gear is an all-around improvement, with a higher Balance critical rating than I have now with my Hood of Judgement, Robes of the Three Spirits, and Boots of the Other Lizard, but it also has less damage as well as critical block. I figured mixing these items together in some way would yield the best result, but I'm not really sure in what way to mix the gear together.
I see~ I don't use mastery amulets or care much for pvp, so none of those really apply to me. If you're big on the arena, though, I would stick with Duelist's tried-and-tested strategy (though I have won without it).

I am a solo player, so my primary focus is getting the job done as quickly as possible. High damage is nice, but I don't really care for critical (since most enemies from CL onward block it anyway) and have therefore dumped it in favour of higher resist and block.

gear

hood of judgement (waterworks)
cape of judgement (waterworks)
hades' boots of justice (tartarus drop)
golden eagle's razor beak (azteca crafted)
lunar scepter of anubis (hoard pack thingy i found once)
great wild wood pendant (avalon boss drop)
xibalba's dread seal (azteca/tartarus drop)

(i've been through tartarus about 30 times and still don't have my level 90 gear or the elite athame/ring either)

pet talents

sprite
fairy
sharp shot
spellproof
add balance

also gives one each of elemental trap, spectral blast, and lernaean hydra

(i'm trying to get rid of sprite and swap it out for defy or pain giver, but haven't had any luck yet)

stats

damage: +76%
resistance: 37% universal
accuracy: 91%
critical: 153
block: 195 universal
incoming heal: 41%

(almost the same as the stats of the wizard in the picture on duelist's guide)

-

i honestly don't see the point of having a secondary school, since you can't make the same use of the spells that a wizard of that school can. we can't train deathblade, dark pact, or the drains, even with a death mastery, your wizard will deal much higher damage with his balance spells.

and i would ditch the critical. it's too random, and there are so many ways to counter it. tangible stats (ie resist and block) are what you should be worrying about, because you can't kill anything if you're a bobblehead.

either way, good luck!

-von

Delver
Mar 10, 2009
Dr Von on Nov 23, 2013 wrote:
I see~ I don't use mastery amulets or care much for pvp, so none of those really apply to me. If you're big on the arena, though, I would stick with Duelist's tried-and-tested strategy (though I have won without it).

I am a solo player, so my primary focus is getting the job done as quickly as possible. High damage is nice, but I don't really care for critical (since most enemies from CL onward block it anyway) and have therefore dumped it in favour of higher resist and block.

gear

hood of judgement (waterworks)
cape of judgement (waterworks)
hades' boots of justice (tartarus drop)
golden eagle's razor beak (azteca crafted)
lunar scepter of anubis (hoard pack thingy i found once)
great wild wood pendant (avalon boss drop)
xibalba's dread seal (azteca/tartarus drop)

(i've been through tartarus about 30 times and still don't have my level 90 gear or the elite athame/ring either)

pet talents

sprite
fairy
sharp shot
spellproof
add balance

also gives one each of elemental trap, spectral blast, and lernaean hydra

(i'm trying to get rid of sprite and swap it out for defy or pain giver, but haven't had any luck yet)

stats

damage: +76%
resistance: 37% universal
accuracy: 91%
critical: 153
block: 195 universal
incoming heal: 41%

(almost the same as the stats of the wizard in the picture on duelist's guide)

-

i honestly don't see the point of having a secondary school, since you can't make the same use of the spells that a wizard of that school can. we can't train deathblade, dark pact, or the drains, even with a death mastery, your wizard will deal much higher damage with his balance spells.

and i would ditch the critical. it's too random, and there are so many ways to counter it. tangible stats (ie resist and block) are what you should be worrying about, because you can't kill anything if you're a bobblehead.

either way, good luck!

-von
Oh my goodness. I can't stop laughing. That is truly classic. That quote should be posted in every Wizard 101 classroom:
"You can't kill anything if you're a bobblehead." Truly masterfully done. Thank you for that much needed giggle.