Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Housing Modules

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 08, 2009
I would like to see additional housing options that would not only give max characters more options and something to do, but would enhance the 'alternative' parts of the game for all players. This idea also provides potential for additional revenue for KI.

My request? Housing Modules!

We already have dungeons (Winterbane and Pagoda) that are a type of add-on module for a castle. I have seen several ideas for expanding this, and have some of my own, so I'll list them here. These could either be zones that you enter (like a dungeon or the Fish Bowl), or for simpler programming be a sigil with a pop up like the Pet Pavillion and Fairegrounds games.

Gardening Shed: Place to store extra seeds, possibly a mini-game to restore a few energy points per play with a maximum number of points earned per day.

Pet Shop/Zoo: A place to store and display your pet collection. The ideal would be that any visitors to your castle could mouse over a pet and see the talents, stats, and type. I would love to have something similar to the Zoo in Zafaria!

Pet Academy: You could train your pets at your own castle without having to play the games in the Pet Pavilion. I spend so much time just failing the Dance Game that I could spend questing, decorating, or doing other things. The idea here is that you just feed snacks and the energy decreases just the same as if you were playing a pavilion game; you just don't have to wait for the game to cycle through.

Treasure Card Library: A place to store your extra treasure cards; this could even be part of the shared bank so you could transfer to other characters on your account.

I would happily pay crowns for these add-ons but could see one or two made available for a large sum of gold. They could also be super-rare drops in-game. Purchasing modules would increase your storage accordingly. Maybe adding 20 slots each? Also, each character on the account would need to purchase their own modules just like any other item.

This would also alleviate issues of players maximizing their storage. Yes, you would pay for it, but KI wouldn't have to dedicate additional server space for all players, just those who choose to purchase the modules.

So what you do think? Does anyone have any other ideas for modules?

Delver
Mar 10, 2009
I like how you think. These are great ideas. I have no programming experience so I don't know how hard they would be to compliment but I really like them.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Whaaaaat! I want this!

I won't have to resort to creating my own modules out of crates anymore!

Survivor
Jul 08, 2009
Thanks for the feedback you guys. I really hope KI considers something like this as it would take housing to a whole new level.

Survivor
Aug 07, 2009
Hey, i like the idea too.

Food for thought. What about houses being able to place in Shared Bank so you can trade it to another wiz on same account?

Also, off subject, what about allowing Group teleports? that way we wouldnt need to add random ppl to our friend lists.

just thinking out loud. lol

TTFN

Boris Ashdust