Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What is Azteca?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 04, 2012
Hello friends, Shannon DuskGrove is here! I have a question for the people in Azteca. It might be childish, but what is Azteca? Is it hard? I'm stuck on the Jabberwock and I'm trying to know what quests are in the future, like in Azteca. I couldn't come to my 3:00 group for Avalon because I forgot. Can someone please reply?

Shannon DuskGrove L77

Mastermind
Jul 04, 2010
Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Azteca is the world after Avalon. It is an Aztec themed world, inhabited by dinosaurs and birds, with pyramids, tropical forests, ruins and such. It is visually a work of art, and in that regard, delightful.

At first, it is not that difficult, compared to Avalon. But it gets increasingly difficult, and the story line gets dark. Some people like this and consider it a challenge. I personally strongly dislike the difficulty of play, the time commitment, and the general ominous feel of Azteca. It is kind of like Dragonspyre on steroids, but not quite as hopeful. It is very, very difficult to complete many of the battles without help, either from friends or from henchmen for crowns. Crafting is insanely difficult there, and the reward is not so great. So despite the visual delight, I personally find Azteca my least favorite of the worlds in the spiral. In fact, my lvl 90 Wizard has yet to finish it, because it is just no fun for me.

I have read some posts on these boards from people who like it; but most of the posts I have read tend to have a similar experience to mine. Still, you might want to look at some other people's posts and views as well -- I am admittedly quite biased about this planet. Hope this isn't too much of a downer for you!

Historian
May 06, 2009
Shannon DuskGrove on Oct 22, 2013 wrote:
Hello friends, Shannon DuskGrove is here! I have a question for the people in Azteca. It might be childish, but what is Azteca? Is it hard? I'm stuck on the Jabberwock and I'm trying to know what quests are in the future, like in Azteca. I couldn't come to my 3:00 group for Avalon because I forgot. Can someone please reply?

Shannon DuskGrove L77
In literal terms, Azteca is Spanish for Aztec which is the central theme for Azteca.

In informative terms, Azteca is an ancient world, a fragment of the First World. It is hope the Aztecosaurs, one of the oldest races in the Spiral. Ten years ago, a comet came over their sky, forcing the Aztecosaurs to shield themselves in their underground mines. Many thought the world was lost, but Merle Ambrose thought differently. Now Azteca has returned, but in even more peril. Morganthe has snuck her way into Azteca to find the nine Lords of Night, old Aztecosaurs who know the Song of Creation. But she'll need help from an old friend...
The Wizard comes to see the city of Three Winds in shambles. The three kingdoms (Aztecosaurs, Jagaurs, and Avions) are rising in tension with each other, the Black Sun Pyramid has been damage, a new untested King rules the city, and the Comet comes closer, portaining doom!

In more opinionative terms, Azteca is definitely not a walk in the park. It is challenging, but I, personally, find the story to be very interesting how it goes from light to dark within the story line. That is of course if you can get past the bosses and repetitive collect quests. I find the graphics to be very nice and quite a lot of references and little funnies. You may have a different opinion on the world, but you'll come to that when you get there, esteemed Wizard.

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
Azteca is the world after Avalon. It is big, very pretty, and has dinosaurs. Some of the enemies are hard, but we get awesome new spells that make our magic stronger too. Just like in Avalon, it is best to team up when you fight the tougher bosses.

Good luck with the Jabberwock and in Azteca when you get there.

Survivor
Apr 04, 2012
Thanks for telling me how hard Azteca will be. I watch Ancient Aliens (XD) so I'm into that aztec stuff. I have a life wizard who is close to finishing Krokotopia. A bit too easy. Kingsisle should let people control henchmen like in Pirate101.

Shannon DuskGrove level 77
5,030 hp

Survivor
Oct 13, 2013
Azteca is the world my wizard grew up in. It is themed on Aztec, and it includes pyramids, Temples, Tropical Rain Forests, etc. The quests start easy, but they get hard. That's what I love about it. It's my favorite world in the spiral. I love hard quests because the almost always give you lots of gold, experience, etc. Also they challenge you to battle a lot. Or collect. It's almost the theme of the game guys! Stick with it. You may not like it, but I guess I do!

Sincerely,

Anna Firestone

Survivor
Aug 06, 2012
Shannon DuskGrove on Nov 3, 2013 wrote:
Thanks for telling me how hard Azteca will be. I watch Ancient Aliens (XD) so I'm into that aztec stuff. I have a life wizard who is close to finishing Krokotopia. A bit too easy. Kingsisle should let people control henchmen like in Pirate101.

Shannon DuskGrove level 77
5,030 hp
Though I agree with what you say about being able to control your henchmen, it would require a massive change in the game's mechanics, and possibly rebalancing of a lot of the combat. Just imagine if Myth players could control what Talos does during a 1v1 PvP match, as opposed to having an AI-controlled Talos. This essentially results in a 2v1 fight.