Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Should KI Give Us A Mount Through Quests?

AuthorMessage
Historian
May 06, 2009
You know how there are many quests in the game that will grant you a pet? What if KI did the same for a mount?

Now, I have my own concerns on if KI should actually implement this. I have always thought that as soon as KI gives everyone a mount with 40% permanent mount, there would be no point in making new mounts because everyone would have a free one, which is a lose in money.

I think maybe a 20% permanent mount would be more in line because it's not entirely face and still leaves the Crowns 40% mounts to be more desirable. Maybe not even permanent but a 7-Day mount given through a quest.

Anyway, this is just an idea. Should we be able to get a mount at 20% speed through a quest? I would like the idea. It would be cool to see an NPC say "Hey! He seems to like you. Why don't you take him with you on your journey? He could give you a big lift!"

Survivor
Aug 29, 2013
If a quest for a mount came out, it should be 7-day and +20% speed, and probably school-based.

My ideas for the mounts are below.

For : Sun Serpent

For : Wooly Mammoth

For : Kraken

For : Medusa

For : Forest Lord

For : Avenging Fossil

For : Scorpion (couldn't really think of anything else)

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
Rental mounts are already drops, not sure how or why a permanent mount would be needed since there are mounts that are permanent that can be bought with gold.

Defender
Jul 21, 2010
Maybe through a school quest?

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Cunning Finnigan S... on Sep 29, 2013 wrote:
You know how there are many quests in the game that will grant you a pet? What if KI did the same for a mount?

Now, I have my own concerns on if KI should actually implement this. I have always thought that as soon as KI gives everyone a mount with 40% permanent mount, there would be no point in making new mounts because everyone would have a free one, which is a lose in money.

I think maybe a 20% permanent mount would be more in line because it's not entirely face and still leaves the Crowns 40% mounts to be more desirable. Maybe not even permanent but a 7-Day mount given through a quest.

Anyway, this is just an idea. Should we be able to get a mount at 20% speed through a quest? I would like the idea. It would be cool to see an NPC say "Hey! He seems to like you. Why don't you take him with you on your journey? He could give you a big lift!"
No, there's mounts you can purchase for in game gold (check the brooms) that give you the standard 40% speed boost. These are basically free mounts because gold is soo easy to get.

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009

mounts can be bought with gold so it wouldn't really matter if it was permament or not.

Delver
Nov 05, 2011
They already do. Do you remember the broom stick that you get after rattle bones?

Champion
Aug 20, 2010

What is the point of this? With mounts being available for gold I don't see the point. If Kingsisle does create this, then I would waste 10 minutes of my life doing the quest then trashing the mount, no use in it besides the looks. Also, what do you think is harder to get, Mounts or pets?