Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

This Made Us Really Mad

AuthorMessage
Historian
May 06, 2009
My brother and I were planning to finish up on Azteca yesterday, on Saturday. We did pretty well and finally got to Xibalba. We went in and did pretty well. After about 2 hours we made it to Malistaire the undying. During that battle, we unfortunately met defeat. But it wasn't all that bad. So we thought...

Talking over a new strategy, we made are way back to the sigil, and just as there were 3 seconds left in the countdown, this Ice wizard came out of no where and joined us. REALLY?

When we entered, to our horror, there stood the first boss we already beat hours ago(ugh!). We'd spent so much time on this and it was ruined because she had to join. Now we have to go do the whole dungeon again. We were so close! She at least said sorry before we stormed off.

I think a start to stop things like this from happening (and maybe even the situation where Wizards keeping hoping off and on sigils for farming) is to make something like a group entrance system. You know how in Tourneys if you want to compete with your friends, you have to be in group? We need a system like that for PvE.

If you're in a group and your group members are entering a dungeon or instance, only the group will continue forward together if a non-group member(s) joins the sigil. The non-group member(s) will enter the instance seperate from the group. If the whole group were to be defeated and came back within 30 minutes to continue, their progress will be saved and any non-group members joining will not affect them. I think this is a good start to stop these incidents.

Survivor
Jan 25, 2010
That is quite annoying when things like that happen. I had a glitch happen in the big ben when my death was only level 35 that prevented me from getting the book at the end of it and the silver chest and gold chest too and boy was that so annoying! Had to do it an extra time in the same day to get all the quests done in marleybone. So if something like that happened again just keep trying until you succeed to complete what you wanted to do.

Ryan Duskspear Level 90 Death

Survivor
May 21, 2013
Cunning Finnigan S... on Sep 29, 2013 wrote:
My brother and I were planning to finish up on Azteca yesterday, on Saturday. We did pretty well and finally got to Xibalba. We went in and did pretty well. After about 2 hours we made it to Malistaire the undying. During that battle, we unfortunately met defeat. But it wasn't all that bad. So we thought...

Talking over a new strategy, we made are way back to the sigil, and just as there were 3 seconds left in the countdown, this Ice wizard came out of no where and joined us. REALLY?

When we entered, to our horror, there stood the first boss we already beat hours ago(ugh!). We'd spent so much time on this and it was ruined because she had to join. Now we have to go do the whole dungeon again. We were so close! She at least said sorry before we stormed off.

I think a start to stop things like this from happening (and maybe even the situation where Wizards keeping hoping off and on sigils for farming) is to make something like a group entrance system. You know how in Tourneys if you want to compete with your friends, you have to be in group? We need a system like that for PvE.

If you're in a group and your group members are entering a dungeon or instance, only the group will continue forward together if a non-group member(s) joins the sigil. The non-group member(s) will enter the instance seperate from the group. If the whole group were to be defeated and came back within 30 minutes to continue, their progress will be saved and any non-group members joining will not affect them. I think this is a good start to stop these incidents.
yeah i see what you mean. i also wished that dungeons started resetting in 30 minutes like they used to. now they give you like only 2 minutes to go in the dungeon before it resets (another annoying problem with dungeons from ZF to AZ)

(Blaze moonmender promethean blaze ravenmender promethean)