Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What if KI Released 2 Worlds At Once For W101

AuthorMessage
Historian
May 06, 2009
So for Pirate101's first expansion, KI decided to release 2 major worlds split into 2 new chapters for their game. I thought this was really cool. While lead writer Blind Mew (Sam Johnson) of Pirate101 said KI would probably not do such an undertaking again as it was more work, I was curious...

How would you feel if KI released 2 worlds at once for Wizard101 in one update? They don't need to be major worlds, but what if it was one major world with maybe 13 areas split into 6 Zones and one side world with as little as 3 areas split into 3 Zones (like Wysteria). What would you say to that?
Or what if they released two small(-ish) major worlds with maybe 7 areas; 3 Zones each? Each one could raise you 5 Levels for the typical 10 Level cap max increase. What would you say to that? A six world arc instead of 5?

I think that would be really cool to see KI do something like that for Wizard101, but I don't if we have the patients for that and if KI is looking foward to an overhaul like that again. I'm not sure. What do you think?

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Cunning Finnigan S... on Sep 10, 2013 wrote:
So for Pirate101's first expansion, KI decided to release 2 major worlds split into 2 new chapters for their game. I thought this was really cool. While lead writer Blind Mew (Sam Johnson) of Pirate101 said KI would probably not do such an undertaking again as it was more work, I was curious...

How would you feel if KI released 2 worlds at once for Wizard101 in one update? They don't need to be major worlds, but what if it was one major world with maybe 13 areas split into 6 Zones and one side world with as little as 3 areas split into 3 Zones (like Wysteria). What would you say to that?
Or what if they released two small(-ish) major worlds with maybe 7 areas; 3 Zones each? Each one could raise you 5 Levels for the typical 10 Level cap max increase. What would you say to that? A six world arc instead of 5?

I think that would be really cool to see KI do something like that for Wizard101, but I don't if we have the patients for that and if KI is looking foward to an overhaul like that again. I'm not sure. What do you think?
Wasn't this sort of the case when Wintertusk was released? It came with a very small world update (Crab Alley).

Defender
Oct 21, 2010
Cunning Finnigan S... on Sep 10, 2013 wrote:

I think I would probably die of a heart attack if KI did such an amazing thing.

-See Ya In The Spiral!!

Julia DragonLeaf

Historian
May 06, 2009
Oran of Urz on Sep 10, 2013 wrote:
Wasn't this sort of the case when Wintertusk was released? It came with a very small world update (Crab Alley).
I don't really consider Crab Alley an actual world as it was added in a previous Update before Wintertusk to promote Selena Gomez's new album. They just did a little work here and there and brought it back. It's more of a side street expansion for Wizard City, rather than an actual world you go to through the Spiral Gate. I'm talking more on the lines of 2 worlds both using the Spiral Door being released at once in one update.

Delver
Feb 15, 2009
Heaven. That's what happens.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Oran of Urz on Sep 10, 2013 wrote:
No. WinterTusk is not a world. It is a Zone of Grizzleheim and and Crab Alley is a Zone in Wizard City. Only worlds can be entered by way of the Spiral Door.

But I don't think it would be a good idea to release 2 worlds at the same time. It is hard enough for KI to get problems fixed with one world and it would be worse with 2. And frankly, I would not care for something like this to happen.

Defender
Feb 27, 2009
DragonLady1818 on Sep 12, 2013 wrote:
No. WinterTusk is not a world. It is a Zone of Grizzleheim and and Crab Alley is a Zone in Wizard City. Only worlds can be entered by way of the Spiral Door.

But I don't think it would be a good idea to release 2 worlds at the same time. It is hard enough for KI to get problems fixed with one world and it would be worse with 2. And frankly, I would not care for something like this to happen.
Zone's have one zone. Wintertusk is clearly not a world but it's not a zone either. It's just another part of Grizzleheim.