Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Myth, Stop Complaining

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 27, 2013
I have heard a lot of complaints about myth being underpowered. Here are some reasons to fix your playing style so myth won't feel so "weak".

Minions: The most helpful minion ever made is the golem minion. He is very smarticles. When you first bring him into the circle, he will attack whichever enemy has the most pips. If they have the same amount, he will go for the one on the left. Every round he will attempt to cast a spell that has somewhere around 150 damage. He only has 45 health. A lot of people get tipped off about his health. Because he only costs 0 pips, once he dies, you can easily bring him back. In my opinion, the best part about him, is that he busts shields, and once the enemies think he is the greatest threat, they will use their hard earned pips to destroy him. Don't bother shielding him. That hit that ol' Woody took for you was a good thing. Now they have to build up their pips again for a solid attack.

Double attacks: I noticed a lot of people were having trouble with this. I have been getting a lot of hate for my strategy on this so sorry if you do too. Say I (myth) am against a fire enemy. First, I cast a mythblade. Normally, I would have to cast 2 in order to be effective, right? Wrong. Then, cast a myth prism. On minatour, the first attack, 50 damage, will be converted into storm damage so the big hit can be boosted by the blade. You can use the same method for traps.

Stats: Currently, myth has the 3rd most amount of damage dealt (next to fire and storm) and the third worst health (hey, but also the 4th best). They gain 22 health per level up to a base amount of 1320. They're accuracy is pretty good at 80% (3rd worst). With a 20% chance of fizzling.
Saying myth is weak is like criticizing yourself. It's your say in stats, weather to increase health, damage, resistance, critical ratings, mana, pips% healing input/output. It all depends on how you play it. Do you want to have a lot of health and slowly chip away with your moderate damage? Or do you want to quickly get the pips you need and boost your damage stats so you can one hit kill before the monster gets to you? Unlike storm, myth has pretty good accuracy so worrying about chancing fizzles isn't a top priority. Health comes with everything, focusing on it won't make myth less weak. I played my myth the one hit kill way. I can get a humongofrog into the thousands. To sum everything up, you cannot play a myth the same way you would play an ice or fire.

Playing with others: even though myth is meant to solo, friends can make a big deal. Once you enter a battle, try not the get the first circle. Try to get the 2 or 3rd. Do not use a minion when playing with others. They might not like it, plus it takes away a spot that someone else could fill. Myth can play a supporting role also. You can tower shield (if you have it), shatter and pierce.

Now, I hope you believe that myth is not weak and you will hopefully try it out sometime! Thanks for not complaining!

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
I'm actually scared by Myth. hey have earthquake and medusa. Plus they can now steal pips. They stun, they destroy blades and shields (Quake isn't just for blade-stackers, it can wreck a shield stacker.), and they steal pips. Just wow.

Explorer
May 22, 2011
Myth needs to man up. I am, 100% scared of fighting myth people. Once they reach 6 pips, I get really worried that they will quake. Also, I hate the 2 attacking spells, and Medusa. Stun for 2 round? How Mindless. Myth is OP if you ask me, and you will, because I'm the General

Wolf- Coolest Necromancer you'll ever meet

Defender
Jan 21, 2011
Actually, I don't really complain, I argue that it's really strong. My thoughts are that before some of the good spells came, other spells used to think of Myth being horrible, and now as a legacy, the sadness is passed down to each Myth. And nowadays we defend ourselves. Though I have to say that doesn't mean the other school pale in comparison, but i'm not going into details, i'm trying to avoid an argument ...

Survivor
Jun 10, 2011
I get extremely scared when fighting Myth people in PVP. I get super scared they will use Othurus or Earthquake. They can steal pips now which now makes me VERY scared in battle with a Conjurer. Even if I had a ten pip Tempest they can now steal my pips before i do it, and I have to start all over again, and eventually die if i do not have a healing spell. I am a Storm wizard, the most powerful school, but Myth has so many advantages that makes them very common to win. All you Myth wizards need to stop feeling so bad about yourselves because you think you are "weak" but you aren't! I am not just saying this either, it is very true. You guys may not be the best in damage (which doesn't really matter because you aren't bad at it either), You guys have so many advantages and great accuracy.

Richard AshWeaver Level 29 Wizard

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
I made a myth because of my fear of them. He kicks butts and he requires skill and timing even at level 8 (Should I?). Plus, I have never ever in my lifetime (So far), heard a myth complain.

Squire
May 10, 2013
Now that I think about it, the Cyrus Drake battle is somewhat easy.
Myth is pretty good and strong. Myth summons minions, which can
win you in PvP. Also they get Stuns, and Twice Taking Damage (Like Minotaur and Orthrus)
The Spell "Talos" could be AWESOME against Cyrus at his disadvantage, with Prisms.

A Level 55 would solo him with Critical, Critical Block and the Talos.

I am not a Myth, but now that everybody says it, I might try it for myself

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Also ninja pigs is a really good deal, you should craft it, or at least carry lots of tc around with you. (Nah, you should definitely craft it or farm Loremaster if you haven't trained Medusa yet)

640 damage for 5 pips is comparable to a low-range zilla and gets around the issue of how to one-hit kill a myth enemy with a prism on it. You want to be able to enchant it so it will retain its utility through CL.

Explorer
Jun 10, 2012
My personal favorite school is myth. I heard it is the second hardest school to master. The double spells are awesome, so are the minions. They also have good attack. But the disadvantages are when you do the double attacks, you need 2 or more traps and prisms. (that is why i never bother with prisms, i second in storm and it is REALLY powerful) The minions are a plus and a minus. They help whittle down the enemies health, but they can be really stupid sometimes and ruin your chances of a really good hit by using your traps.

It is just your fighting style that depends. I like killing my enemies in one round and not bothering with shields. With boss fights, i like using minions to get the job done quicker.

~AngelcatDemondog