Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dungeons and teleporting

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 02, 2012
Sometimes when I go into a dungeon with less than three other people with me, it won't let other people teleport in after! I know that a few dungeons are that way on purpose, but, for instance, once I was doing Trial of the Spheres with one other friend. Another friend wanted to help but couldn't come with us on the sigil because he hadn't advanced that far yet. Later, when he tried to teleport in, it wouldn't let him, even though thee were only two of us inside! And before you tell me Trial of the Spheres is one of the dungeons that won't let you teleport, (like Waterworks,) I had done the same dungeon the day before and my friend had no trouble teleporting! I am confused! Why does it work sometimes and not at others? I think there should at least be a special warning before you go to any dungeon that doesn't allow friends to teleport, so that people are aware. Have a wonderful day!

Rebecca Shadowbreeze Lvl 66 Megan Sunsong Lvl 51 Ryan Lvl 44 Sophia Fireflame Lvl 35 Isabella Rose Lvl 32 Haley Stormbreeze Lvl 5 Thank you for your time.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
DESwizardgirl on Jul 25, 2013 wrote:
Sometimes when I go into a dungeon with less than three other people with me, it won't let other people teleport in after! I know that a few dungeons are that way on purpose, but, for instance, once I was doing Trial of the Spheres with one other friend. Another friend wanted to help but couldn't come with us on the sigil because he hadn't advanced that far yet. Later, when he tried to teleport in, it wouldn't let him, even though thee were only two of us inside! And before you tell me Trial of the Spheres is one of the dungeons that won't let you teleport, (like Waterworks,) I had done the same dungeon the day before and my friend had no trouble teleporting! I am confused! Why does it work sometimes and not at others? I think there should at least be a special warning before you go to any dungeon that doesn't allow friends to teleport, so that people are aware. Have a wonderful day!

Rebecca Shadowbreeze Lvl 66 Megan Sunsong Lvl 51 Ryan Lvl 44 Sophia Fireflame Lvl 35 Isabella Rose Lvl 32 Haley Stormbreeze Lvl 5 Thank you for your time.
It doesn't matter how many people go in; these are closed dungeons meaning if you don't go in at the beginning, you will not be able to teleport in. Those already in the dungeon can mark, port out and port back in. No one else can.

Survivor
Jan 08, 2012
In Trial of Spheres you can port in as long as the person you are porting to is fighting Astraeus, or is still in the area where the Astraeus battle took place. Once the party moves on to the Sanctum of the Stars then teleporting does not work unless a party member goes back to the Astraeus battle area to allow porting.

So sometimes Trial of Spheres acts like a closed dungeon, and sometimes does not (near Astraeus).
I hope this ends your confusion DESwizardgirl. It took me many trips through Trial of Spheres to figure out what was really going on. Good Luck and Have Fun!

Survivor
Jan 02, 2012
Thank you, SunDogStar, that clears things up. When my friend teleported the first time, we were fighting Astraeus. The second time, he couldn't teleport because we were in the very first area. Now I get it, thanks! Have a wonderful day!

Rebecca Shadowbreeze Lvl 66 Megan Sunsong Lvl 51 Ryan Lvl 44 Sophia Rubyflame Lvl 35 Isabella Rose Lvl 32 Haley Stormcloud Lvl 10 Thank you for your time.