Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

No more dungeons!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 12, 2012
Dungeons are terrible with there little don't leave for more than 30 minutes thing! I have to leave the house very often (I'm not even home right now), and If I'm in a dungeon guess what happens? Last boss, 500 health left, and I have to go right away. This is not the first time, and many others out there have the same issue but in other ways. And if you want to keep dungeons; at least make it longer like 5 hours or something like that. And my parent's don't want me to get a wifi hotspot because they don't want me playing in the car. Please, if you agree, then KI will fix this. I'm sorry to be mad and a little rude, but this isn't fair. I meet even quit with all this stress... PvP and dungeons are the only things wrong with this game in my opinion, but that doesn't mean there not effective. KI, please read this with care, and perhaps contact your programmers to make it longer, and your artists to change 30 minutes to however you long you change it. Thank you

-Nathaniel Redflame level 46

Delver
Oct 23, 2011
While it is a good idea, it might be hard on the server to constantly keep loaded a hundred of the same instance for each instance. Maybe if you have other friends helping you they could finish it while you are still logged in. I won't post it here but there is a sort of glitch to spin infinitely so the server won't log you out. Do you have any really high level friends? They could really help you get done fast with a dungeon. Good luck!

-Nathaniel OgreBlade, Promethean Sorcerer

Explorer
Jan 29, 2011
Little Dragon Spar... on Jul 12, 2013 wrote:
Dungeons are terrible with there little don't leave for more than 30 minutes thing! I have to leave the house very often (I'm not even home right now), and If I'm in a dungeon guess what happens? Last boss, 500 health left, and I have to go right away. This is not the first time, and many others out there have the same issue but in other ways. And if you want to keep dungeons; at least make it longer like 5 hours or something like that. And my parent's don't want me to get a wifi hotspot because they don't want me playing in the car. Please, if you agree, then KI will fix this. I'm sorry to be mad and a little rude, but this isn't fair. I meet even quit with all this stress... PvP and dungeons are the only things wrong with this game in my opinion, but that doesn't mean there not effective. KI, please read this with care, and perhaps contact your programmers to make it longer, and your artists to change 30 minutes to however you long you change it. Thank you

I completely disagree.Wizard101 has many fun features and dungeons are one of them.And they are very fun indeed.I get your point had that when I was in krok emperors retreat did it 17 times had to go on last boss.

Defender
Jul 03, 2012
I disagree. If you want to stay in the same dungeon, mark your place at the beginning. Honestly, in azteca, when you get to the cenote or something like that, you have dungeons. Avalon is a dungeon trap! This should not and will not happen in the game.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010

You have not learned the trick yet, I see. Don't mark because if you log off, that mark is ineffective.

What you do is spin whilst in the dungeon. You can leave for hours and it won't matter. To spin, place some fairly heavy on the right-hand arrow.

don't count on KI changing this...you have to adapt.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
I as well disagree. Only do dungeons when you are absolutely sure you have enough time and bring friends. Dungeons are fine as it is.

Delver
Jan 13, 2010
I know how you feel. I am young of age, and I have a limit in game, However, if you have some friends, you could start to battle with them; or, maybe, get someone who is on the same quest as you.

Cole Dunerunner

Defender
Feb 16, 2010
i dungeons there so fun if i need cash and i dont want to farm a boss over and over i go to a dungeon. gets me more stuff to sell and maybe a pet! plus once your a high lvl there easy to do. dungeons now are a big part of the game. from DS to AZ the final boss is in a dungeon. (im 90% sure it does.) they wont go.

-jack

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
I like dungeons in general, cause you can do them over and over again for xp and loot.

You need to come prepared. Make time, don't go waltzing in with no expectations.

Survivor
Jul 18, 2011
I was about to start this before I saw this. This is a great idea! No more dungeons! No more dungeons!

Elizabeth Dragonheart

Survivor
Aug 01, 2010
RavenLady777 on Jul 14, 2013 wrote:
You have not learned the trick yet, I see. Don't mark because if you log off, that mark is ineffective.

What you do is spin whilst in the dungeon. You can leave for hours and it won't matter. To spin, place some fairly heavy on the right-hand arrow.

Dungeons are perhaps the best part of this game! They're so fun and you can repeat them with friends for a lot of loot and xp. Also, RavenLady, an easier way to spin is to hold down the right or left arrow key and while holding it down, press the windows key. It will minimize Wizard101 and keep you spinning.

Explorer
Apr 20, 2011

This is a horrible IDEA Because then they would take off WW and people wouldn't be able to get their WW gear plus Dungeons are really fun to solo and you enjoy them with friends.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
To set a spin. Push D and hold and push CTRL button. Release D first then release CTRL. You can then minimize the window if you so choose.

But the dungeons aren't going anywhere any time soon. There are too many players that like to do them.

Survivor
Oct 27, 2012
I Agree! Dungeons are very annoying. I keep getting in trouble for having to leave the game an hour after I am supposed too! Dungeons Take too long! instead of all these puzzles and mini battles in the dungeon, do all these leading to the dungeon so the dungeon is one or two battles, and maybe one puzzle. But focusing mostly on the boss!

Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
RavenLady777 on Jul 14, 2013 wrote:

Placing heavy things on my arrow keys broke them and made me have to get a new keyboard... It always thought something was pressing the arrow key. What I do instead is do the following keys, Hold down Right Arrow->(while still holding down right arrow)Hold down Alt Key->Let go of right arrow->Let go of Alt key

Defender
Sep 09, 2012

I agree.
I have limited time too, so it is frustrating when I am halfway through a dungeon and I have to run errands.
Emma Emeraldsword lvl 50

Explorer
Mar 23, 2013
I don't mind dungeons if they are short little things, like going in to fight a boss, but I hate hate hate when you have to do an entire quest in a dungeon!!

Explorer
Jan 12, 2012
I had to stay up till midnight to finish Big Ben
Hunter Spellstone lvl 40 Master

Survivor
Feb 02, 2010
I have the same problem when I have to leave the house, but removing dungeons is not the solution. I think it would be nice if there was a longer time limit to complete a dungeon.

Delver
Apr 21, 2012

Why do you hate pvp? Because your opponents are able to think and are tougher? That's part of the fun!

Defender
Dec 25, 2012
jack skullbreeze on Jul 15, 2013 wrote:
i dungeons there so fun if i need cash and i dont want to farm a boss over and over i go to a dungeon. gets me more stuff to sell and maybe a pet! plus once your a high lvl there easy to do. dungeons now are a big part of the game. from DS to AZ the final boss is in a dungeon. (im 90% sure it does.) they wont go.

-jack
you are right everything from ds and az ends with dungeons butdungeons are so fun why would someone get rid of them and if they did everyone in the game would have to restart

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
wraithcaster on Sep 7, 2013 wrote:
Why do you hate pvp? Because your opponents are able to think and are tougher? That's part of the fun!
did you even read the original post? it's about dungeons being long and annoying... what does the op being good (or not) at pvp have anything to do with this? have you pvp'ed against him?

yeah, that's what i thought.

the only reason pvp was mentioned in the post at all is because, like tartarus and waterworks, high-level pvp matches can last 6-7 hours and no one has that kind of time. it has nothing to do with pvp itself. but, since you want to talk pvp...

i do pvp occasionally (when i'm bored with azteca), but consider myself a pve player. i win more often than not, but i still dislike pvp, for several reasons:

1) bullying and harassment in the arena.

yes, i'm a big girl and can take care of myself, so people swearing at me around the filters or bringing in their friends to taunt from the sidelines doesn't bug me: i ignore them, or report as needed. but, if this is how people behave towards an veteran adult player, then i can't begin to imagine how they treat little kids, or players who are new.

2) pvp has nothing to do with strategy.

spending money on mastery amulets and expensive crowns gear is not a strategy. if you don't pvpay up, it's unlikely you'll rank up... end of.

3) the constant whining that every spell is overpowered.

if you pvp with any regularity, you should know by now that people in the arena like to complain about anything and everything. every spell used against them is overpowered, and they'll cry nerf ad nauseum... without any regard for pve players who use the same spells... and the voice of the pve community is not loud enough to drown out the organized spamming that comes from that hole in unicorn way.

4) yes, the system is broken.

why my level 23 sergeant is facing a level 60 warlord in the first place, i'll never know.

-

tangent, sorry.

back on topic: there has got to be some sort of insanity cap on these dungeons (and pvp matches). no one over the age of 5 has 7 hours to spend in a battle~ i understand a challenge, but there is a line between challenging and abusive, and some of these instances have already crossed it.

-v.

Delver
Apr 21, 2012
Dr Von on Sep 8, 2013 wrote:
did you even read the original post? it's about dungeons being long and annoying... what does the op being good (or not) at pvp have anything to do with this? have you pvp'ed against him?

yeah, that's what i thought.

the only reason pvp was mentioned in the post at all is because, like tartarus and waterworks, high-level pvp matches can last 6-7 hours and no one has that kind of time. it has nothing to do with pvp itself. but, since you want to talk pvp...

i do pvp occasionally (when i'm bored with azteca), but consider myself a pve player. i win more often than not, but i still dislike pvp, for several reasons:

1) bullying and harassment in the arena.

yes, i'm a big girl and can take care of myself, so people swearing at me around the filters or bringing in their friends to taunt from the sidelines doesn't bug me: i ignore them, or report as needed. but, if this is how people behave towards an veteran adult player, then i can't begin to imagine how they treat little kids, or players who are new.

2) pvp has nothing to do with strategy.

spending money on mastery amulets and expensive crowns gear is not a strategy. if you don't pvpay up, it's unlikely you'll rank up... end of.

3) the constant whining that every spell is overpowered.

if you pvp with any regularity, you should know by now that people in the arena like to complain about anything and everything. every spell used against them is overpowered, and they'll cry nerf ad nauseum... without any regard for pve players who use the same spells... and the voice of the pve community is not loud enough to drown out the organized spamming that comes from that hole in unicorn way.

4) yes, the system is broken.

why my level 23 sergeant is facing a level 60 warlord in the first place, i'll never know.

-

tangent, sorry.

back on topic: there has got to be some sort of insanity cap on these dungeons (and pvp matches). no one over the age of 5 has 7 hours to spend in a battle~ i understand a challenge, but there is a line between challenging and abusive, and some of these instances have already crossed it.

-v.
Let me get this straight, you criticize me for mentioning the pvp. But you create this long post about pvp?