Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Full Pips for monsters in ZF to in Azeteca

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 09, 2010
What the heck is with the full pip monsters in levels 60 to 90! The pips went from 3 in Dragonspyre to 14 pips in Zarfaria. And with us wizards we get 4 or maybe even 3!!!! Then the monsters start doing rank 8 to rank 10 spells on you because they have 14 pips! Do you think this is right? Send me you thoughts.

Survivor
Jul 03, 2010
I totally agree with you. I just got done with Ghost Avalon and was doing the last battle against Sir Mallory. He was storm, he had a death seraph minion and 2 balance minions. They got to go first.
Sir Mallory started with 6 power pips and used tempest on all of us (960 base damage) and scored a critical that none of us blocked. Luckily we had resists so it did about 1500 to all of use. Then the death seraph decides to use scarecrow not knock us down more. Lastly, the balance minion uses ra.
We didn't even get to attack or do anything and all four of us had about 1500 health left. That's insane.
What I suggest is to even out the playing field. Maybe grant us some wands that give 2 or 3 power pips at the beginning of the battle instead of just 1, or maybe just lower the amount of pips that the creatures start with

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
The big problem with the way the game is now, is that in order to make it "fair" would require either 1) a total rewrite of the game battle mechanics or 2) giving us more of a fighting chance off the bat (which they seem to not be in favor of). I have pointed out situations where, if it's 3 against 4 even, the 4 people could lose a battle without ever going. It is totally plausible to for this to happen:

2 ice, one storm who go first in battle:
1) all 3 have 14 pips
2) 1st ice to cast ice blade on 2nd ice
3) 2nd ice to cast a critical Frost giant (and stun the people) - 1,330 damage
4) Storm to cast a critical tempest for 1,120 damage
5) All people are stunned
6) 1st ice cast critical Frost giant - 950 damage
7) 2nd ice to cast another critical frost giant - 950 damage
8) Storm to cast Tempest again - 160 damage

So, let's do the math here: 1,330+1,120+950+950+160=4,510 damage (not counting resistances) per teammate before you even cast a single spell. This is NOT unrealistic later on in the game. I REFUSE to say it's commonplace, because I know it isn't. I'm suggesting it's POSSIBLE. I am agreeing with you that we need a better starting point. Giving us more starting pips (either by gear or if we go second, we should get an extra pip that follows our power pip chances) would help out, tho in my scenario, it would be a slap in the face for those FEW times it actually happened.

I hate to say it, but it seems like the further you get into the game, the more "munchkinized" it becomes. Do you remember playing old RPGs when you thought that "more power" was better before you learned that finesse can outdo raw power many times? Do you remember when you learned the balance of the two concepts? It SEEMS like KI's approach is simply an overpowering barrage and less finesse. I can remember playing an older PC RPG and having all of my characters learning both melee and magic, because BOTH helped, even if the character wasnt as proficient in magic