Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Minor and Major Changes to the Game

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 26, 2010
Here are a few new ideas and some updates that I think should be implemented. Ill split them into Minor and Major categories. Minor categories dicuss changes that will impact the game in very small ways, while Major majorly affects the game.=new idea. =update to existing features

Minor:
-Changing the camera angle on large mounts so that more things can be seen in front of you
-Changing the camera angle for the player so that it backs up and bit and looks up a bit
- Add "Texture packs" that could change the font and design of the GUI in the game, lets say we had a marleybone theme texture pack, instead of fraled paper, it would be iron with nails in the corners taking on a very industrial look, and the font could be bold letters and some would be cursive. Get the idea? you could probably unlock them by unlocking worlds, doing quest, or paying with crowns!
- A spell book that changes every 10 levels (not sure if it is called spell book, it is the book in the right hand bottom corner) these new books would explain the cards of other schools in your same level range, it would also look cooler, and maybe could give tips on the advantages your school has, and good deck designs for that school for that level. It might also tell the story up to the point you should be at.
-The spell book would have a friends tab that would allow you to check what quest your friends are on, where they are at, and wether they are online or not, or what realm they are in.This online/offline checker would also enable some features like "busy" or "Act Offline" to be used
Major:
- Tournaments can be accessed with gold.
- Ranked pvp matches for gold, but there would be like hour long cool downs between games. Don't rank up as much and cant be put on leader boards unless you have bought a whole other world with crowns or you have a subscription.

P.S. looking back on the only certain worlds idea, i realize that some quest require to go back to other worlds, so if you have a solution, please put them in the comments! Please reply to all my ideas :D

[Edited by Professor Greyrose] I have removed your submission that was illegal, young Wizard.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Matthew Goldthief on Jun 17, 2013 wrote:
Here are a few new ideas and some updates that I think should be implemented. Ill split them into Minor and Major categories. Minor categories dicuss changes that will impact the game in very small ways, while Major majorly affects the game.=new idea. =update to existing features

Minor:
-Changing the camera angle on large mounts so that more things can be seen in front of you
-Changing the camera angle for the player so that it backs up and bit and looks up a bit
- Add "Texture packs" that could change the font and design of the GUI in the game, lets say we had a marleybone theme texture pack, instead of fraled paper, it would be iron with nails in the corners taking on a very industrial look, and the font could be bold letters and some would be cursive. Get the idea? you could probably unlock them by unlocking worlds, doing quest, or paying with crowns!
- A spell book that changes every 10 levels (not sure if it is called spell book, it is the book in the right hand bottom corner) these new books would explain the cards of other schools in your same level range, it would also look cooler, and maybe could give tips on the advantages your school has, and good deck designs for that school for that level. It might also tell the story up to the point you should be at.
-The spell book would have a friends tab that would allow you to check what quest your friends are on, where they are at, and wether they are online or not, or what realm they are in.This online/offline checker would also enable some features like "busy" or "Act Offline" to be used
Major:
- Tournaments can be accessed with gold.
- Ranked pvp matches for gold, but there would be like hour long cool downs between games. Don't rank up as much and cant be put on leader boards unless you have bought a whole other world with crowns or you have a subscription.

P.S. looking back on the only certain worlds idea, i realize that some quest require to go back to other worlds, so if you have a solution, please put them in the comments! Please reply to all my ideas :D

[Edited by Professor Greyrose] I have removed your submission that was illegal, young Wizard.
Your mount an be adjusted by using the scroll function on your mouse.
The spell deck is fine as is; it's your responsibility to upgrade them, which can be done every 5-10 levels. You can find information on each spell online...or here's a thought - try it out like everyone else. :)
You can easily check just about everything about your friends, location, online, etc., by click the friends icon.
I personally see no reason for these changes suggested.
I don't PvP so I have no comment except to say that those items that are crowns only are that way for a reason.

And shame on you for whatever the Professor had to remove.

Survivor
Sep 26, 2010
RavenLady777 on Jun 17, 2013 wrote:
Your mount an be adjusted by using the scroll function on your mouse.
The spell deck is fine as is; it's your responsibility to upgrade them, which can be done every 5-10 levels. You can find information on each spell online...or here's a thought - try it out like everyone else. :)
You can easily check just about everything about your friends, location, online, etc., by click the friends icon.
I personally see no reason for these changes suggested.
I don't PvP so I have no comment except to say that those items that are crowns only are that way for a reason.

And shame on you for whatever the Professor had to remove.
The scroll function only works when you AREN'T moving, or at least for me anyways. It repositions when your moving, which is what I wanted changed. I am aware you can find the cards online but I would much rather have a in-game 100% for sure correct source for this. I didn't say to edit the spell deck, but the spell book would give suggestions on how to construct your deck, it is in no way the best for every situation, just a suggestion for people new to the game leveling up. Why yes, the friends icon does show your friends and online status, it does not show the location unless you choose the 'Go to location' button and read the message 'Are you sure you want to port to your friend in _______' it also doesn't have the ability to see the quest your friends have active or what realm they are in. Crowns for a reason? I pay a $100 subscription so Why do I have to pay even more money just to participate in tournaments? I understand maybe this is to create commitment so you show up on the date, but I would like to participate without paying extra money.

The Professor had to remove a function that I had seen in another game that i thought would be cool to implement here, but i guess it is illegal for a game like this.