Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Couch Potatoes on Red Barn Farm Problem

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 13, 2011
I have the Red Barn Farm on several of my characters. On one I have a field of Couch Potatoes. I recently moved them there from a different home. I have all of their known likes (5) and usually a pixie. After I do a normal harvest some of the plants say they have under 15 hours until the next harvest, but others will say over 30 hours (as if they don't see any likes) I look at their display and they show all the likes.

This doesn't seem correct to me.

I have also planted a small field of White Tiger Lilies nearby ... they don't show as a dislike, but could that be causing a problem?

If you look into my account the character I have the couch potatoes on is Daniel Sandgrove my balance character.

Explorer
Apr 10, 2010
I think the Red Barn eliminates the dislikes.

Survivor
Dec 22, 2012
pirate8375 on Jun 12, 2013 wrote:
I think the Red Barn eliminates the dislikes.

I agree because mine works fine for my house, they have the likes pixie,gnomes and I forgot my other! I also got a Wizard City house with the small bridge... It costs 1,000 gold. I hope I helped you!

Jasmine Moon petal girl magistic

Defender
Mar 13, 2011
Thanks for the replies. But my main problem hasn't been answered.

I am growing Couch Potatoes on the Red Barn Farm, I have all of the likes, BUT

Some of my plants take over 30 hours between harvests while others take as little as 12 hours

Why the huge time difference?????

I think there may be a problem with Couch Potatoes on the Red Barn. When I was growing them on other houses the harvest times were always about 15 hours.

Delver
Jul 15, 2011
It's the placement of things they like. Your other house might have had something else they liked nearby, perhaps the parsley plant or sandwich station? Currently I use a red barn for my couch potatoes, i have a dead parsley to help them grow, a sandwich station, and I think trash or something that looks like trash. I harvest elders every 3 or 4 days.

Defender
Mar 13, 2011
Tatiana Winterhear... on Jun 14, 2013 wrote:
It's the placement of things they like. Your other house might have had something else they liked nearby, perhaps the parsley plant or sandwich station? Currently I use a red barn for my couch potatoes, i have a dead parsley to help them grow, a sandwich station, and I think trash or something that looks like trash. I harvest elders every 3 or 4 days.
Thanks for the thoughts. But I actually have 2 dead parsley plants on either side of the crops. And I have checked each and every plant and they all show 6 likes, including the pixies.

And yet some of the plants harvest every 12-15 hours and the others harvest every 30 to 32 hours.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
I don't know what the effective radius is for a liked item, but could there be a "like" you're not aware of in a garden plot some distance away that could be affecting growth rates? One that may not be showing in the gardening plant info interface, because there may be room for only six "likes".

Perhaps take a screenshot of your overall garden arrangement and what's nearby. I can't imagine parts of the farm having different growth rates unless there's a remote interaction that's hidden. (A dead stinkweed in a plot that's off your screen but throws a large stink radius for instance)

That said I've got red barn farms on 2 wizards, I love working on my farms, but I've got friends who have submitted tickets for various and numerous glitches with this housing. Can't plow, can't plant, likes not showing, pest animations not showing (and endangered plants therefore being ignored), pathing glitches in the rock walls causing wizards to get trapped and having to port out, and so on.