Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can't beat them? Join them.

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jan 18, 2013
Stop complaining!

All I see is people complaining saying this spell is overpowered and needs to be banned, this type of wizard is too strong, treasure cards are cheating etc.

Anyone saying this is just being a saw loser.
Last time I checked we were all playing the same game, nothing is stopping you from doing the same thing. So next time you get beaten by a certain spell or wizard or strategy, instead of complaining and saying it's not fair, why not take advantage of it.
All of these top players who are winning are aware of all of these "better strategies" and use them. They are not cheating, They just know how to win.

The game is not broken (or at least not this part of it)

Explorer
Jun 20, 2009
You put into perfect words what I have been trying to tell people for quite a while. Everybody needs to read that and just quit their whining! You know, we should start some kind of "Anti-Complaints" club. Eh? :-P

Marissa BattleFlame
Queen of Seraphs

Survivor
Jan 03, 2011
Eh, that saying in general is so wrong. If a war starts, and you start losing, does that mean you should join the enemy? You try to beat a lvl 90 as a lvl 30. Oh no, guess you are a puppet then? Cause you certainly cant beat someone with a 60 lvl difference on you. You can turn to shatter, but i guess everybody gotta go noob and turn to that, because you cant beat a shatter user from second easily.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
thefriendlytheurgi... on May 16, 2013 wrote:
You put into perfect words what I have been trying to tell people for quite a while. Everybody needs to read that and just quit their whining! You know, we should start some kind of "Anti-Complaints" club. Eh? :-P

Marissa BattleFlame
Queen of Seraphs
LOL. Oh oh oh oh! I'll join I'll join!! (Seriously I will, its not sarcasm) Pick me! Pick me!

People complain about how PvP has been broken since Dragonspyre. Well guess what, its not "broken" just changing, put emphasis on that word please. Thanks for this thread

Wolf Skullslinger, Thaumaturge by Trade

Delver
Jan 18, 2013
corybur96 on May 16, 2013 wrote:
Eh, that saying in general is so wrong. If a war starts, and you start losing, does that mean you should join the enemy? You try to beat a lvl 90 as a lvl 30. Oh no, guess you are a puppet then? Cause you certainly cant beat someone with a 60 lvl difference on you. You can turn to shatter, but i guess everybody gotta go noob and turn to that, because you cant beat a shatter user from second easily.
I half agree with you about shatter.
But the problem is not with the spell, it is with the battle system.
If each player went one after the other instead of chosing their spell at the same time you will both have an equal chance of defending yourself.
But that is another topic.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
Go watch people like Vigilant Seraph and Brooke Summerflame on youtube. They show great examples of beating puppet teams (yes they fight from second too). They do it, might as well learn from the best.

Survivor
Jan 03, 2011
Wolf Skullslinger on May 19, 2013 wrote:
Go watch people like Vigilant Seraph and Brooke Summerflame on youtube. They show great examples of beating puppet teams (yes they fight from second too). They do it, might as well learn from the best.

Dont need too, i fight with some of their players all the time. I never said i cant beat puppets, but i know that 95% of KI cant, otherwise it wouldnt be a problem. I win from second all the time, thats not the problem. Sure its nice to go first, but ppl act like going second means you automatically lose. When the opponent uses shatter from first turn, its near impossible, but thats bout it.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
corybur96 on May 20, 2013 wrote:
Dont need too, i fight with some of their players all the time. I never said i cant beat puppets, but i know that 95% of KI cant, otherwise it wouldnt be a problem. I win from second all the time, thats not the problem. Sure its nice to go first, but ppl act like going second means you automatically lose. When the opponent uses shatter from first turn, its near impossible, but thats bout it.
Prediction is key in the shatter situation, if you feel one coming on then shield again, or carry virulent plague TC and use that against bladestacker/shatter(er?).

Best of luck in the arena,

Defender
Dec 25, 2012
Ghost stone on May 16, 2013 wrote:
Stop complaining!

All I see is people complaining saying this spell is overpowered and needs to be banned, this type of wizard is too strong, treasure cards are cheating etc.

Last time I checked we were all playing the same game, nothing is stopping you from doing the same thing. So next time you get beaten by a certain spell or wizard or strategy, instead of complaining and saying it's not fair, why not take advantage of it.
All of these top players who are winning are aware of all of these "better strategies" and use them. They are not cheating, They just know how to win.

about time someone makes a post for this i've had a level 90 complain i beat him just because he didn't use gear
if you wanted to win then use gear

dustin battlewraith god of heals was proved last night 88 out go healing 30 in come healing

Delver
Feb 25, 2013
Yes, stop complaining! I like pulling a practical joke so I trick people into porting into an arena battle, and then I use to many heals, minions, and wild bolts and always win house battles, but not the arena much, sadly.

Destiny Windgem, level 41

Explorer
Jul 16, 2012
thefriendlytheurgi... on May 16, 2013 wrote:

Marissa BattleFlame
Queen of Seraphs
[Clicks "JOIN"]
Seriously, though. That's a good idea.

Explorer
May 18, 2010
Thank you, someone who understands.

This is only a game, I don't understand why some of you take PvP so serious. I honestly don't think PvP is ruining the game-it's the constant complaints of people who want to get things their own way.

Lets start the Anti-complaint club :D

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
I'd say something.. but everything has been said already. There's too many complaints from PVPers saying this or that is ruining PVP and for those who said it's getting annoying and want to start that anti-complaint club.. sign me up. please.

Defender
Dec 25, 2012
xxAaronxx121 on Jun 4, 2013 wrote:
Thank you, someone who understands.

This is only a game, I don't understand why some of you take PvP so serious. I honestly don't think PvP is ruining the game-it's the constant complaints of people who want to get things their own way.

Lets start the Anti-complaint club :D
i second that :D

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
I agree with this.

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
Yea! People say "Myth is too powerful! Ban them!". Only because of minions and double stuns. I tried myth and I have learned that the have a bag of tricks but not your average school. Some people think "Ooh I like this spell and I'm going to One hit win now" due to a sense of "hit then not think" (A guy said that was the best strategy to me and he was a warlord but I watched him and now I know he runs a Treasure Card shop of his own so he can get the best cards for one hits. But he is a puppeteer and he crushed my level 28's dreams over 20 times). I say I will never complain again (well maybe I'll complain about the matchmaking system because in ranked PvP I was faced against a level 90 and my PvP guy is only level 12.) and I shall join the club.

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
Stop complaining!

I needed to say that, just didn't know how to say it.

Explorer
Jul 15, 2012
Oh boy, finally a post about this, all I see in the PVP message boards is complaining,complaining, and more complaining, I'm sick of it, and I think everyone else has the same thing, if you don't like PVP the way it is, don't do it. It's like going to W101 knowing you hate the myth school, so then you pick myth school, just to bring out more complaining.

Robert Angleblade
Grandmaster Theurgist

Delver
Jan 18, 2013
I feel like I need to revive this thread buy adding something relevant that I read from someone on the message boards a couple of days ago.

I can't remember who it was but someone explained my point in different but really good wording. It was on a thread about some guy wanting treasure cards banned from PvP. What he said was "It's your own fault for not using the tools that are available to you" meaning he also has treasure cards available to him and it's his own fault for not capitalising like the people who were beating him.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Ghost stone on Sep 12, 2013 wrote:
I feel like I need to revive this thread buy adding something relevant that I read from someone on the message boards a couple of days ago.

I can't remember who it was but someone explained my point in different but really good wording. It was on a thread about some guy wanting treasure cards banned from PvP. What he said was "It's your own fault for not using the tools that are available to you" meaning he also has treasure cards available to him and it's his own fault for not capitalising like the people who were beating him.
that was me~ if you aren't using the resources available to you, it's your own fault and you deserve to lose.

your opponent isn't going to lie down and take it: you will have to work hard to outsmart them, especially if they are several levels or ranks higher.

that's also why i think pvp is and will always be broken~ matches aren't even, and it often seems they're completely random/have nothing to do with rank or level: i can understand my level 23 pyro dueling against a level 25 commander. but why she got paired with a level 60 warlord, i'll never know).

-v.
1st age pvp sergeant, proud tc spammer

Delver
Jan 18, 2013
Dr Von on Sep 13, 2013 wrote:
that was me~ if you aren't using the resources available to you, it's your own fault and you deserve to lose.

your opponent isn't going to lie down and take it: you will have to work hard to outsmart them, especially if they are several levels or ranks higher.

that's also why i think pvp is and will always be broken~ matches aren't even, and it often seems they're completely random/have nothing to do with rank or level: i can understand my level 23 pyro dueling against a level 25 commander. but why she got paired with a level 60 warlord, i'll never know).

-v.
Sweet bro. Good point.

I also think the level gap while paring can be a bit much some times.
I think there should be level tiers to ranked PvP like (up to levels 30,60,90) or (up to levels 10,20,30,40,50,60,70,80,90) so you will only be pared up with other wizards in your tier. It may take longer to find a match but it seems like people care about fairness more than waiting time.

Delver
Jan 18, 2013
Dr Von on Sep 13, 2013 wrote:

-v.
To put it simply
We all have the same tools available to us
So nobody has the right to say that anything is unfair

Defender
Jul 26, 2009
Stop complaining!

I have a wizard of every level and i can tell you certain things are stronger than others, its worthwhile waiting for balance to shift.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Rather than ask the nice folks at Wiz101 to just ban something they worked hard on, and that lots of other players actually enjoy, you could make a suggestion for a mode that captures exactly what you're looking for. This game probably has a lot of people who would play that mode with you You might even make a suggestion about what you want to see, mode-wise, in this thread:

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/pvp-modes-choose-your-type-of-duel-8ad6a415407c19770140888065047176

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Actually, it's lucky that we have people complaining in such great number. It should tell us that we can get advice from them about how to make things better.

However, I agree that banning things isn't the solution. Instead, let's just get creative. Seems that a lot of players would be happy if they just had a special mode of PvP that met their needs, rather than being forced into "Default PvP."

Got an idea? Tell the developers:

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/pvp-modes-choose-your-type-of-duel-8ad6a415407c19770140888065047176