Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Alternate paths and stories

AuthorMessage
Hero
Jul 30, 2012
--> Suggestion for alternate stories with increased challenges.

Travelling the spiral with my second main wizard is quite easy having already gone through the learning curve. Knowing the basics like how spells work, selecting the best gear, using the spell deck effectively, etc makes it too easy. Especially having shared-bank wealth and pets to my wizards. I realize I could try doing quests with various handicaps.

Anyway it would be nice if there were some alternate story we could follow through. KI wouldn't need to make new worlds, just a new main quest geared up with higher difficulty and more challenges. More open ended quests where we aren't spoon fed where to go and what to do. More XP with less repitition (boring collection quests) so we can experience the various worlds without spending days grinding over the same guys. Note: I'm not asking or bosses that are simply tougher with increased power & health. Quests that make you travel around and think about what you are doing would be nice.

Designed for experienced players... perhaps you need to have a wizard level 60+ on your account to activate the new quest-lines for your other wizards. I think this would be good for keeping older members. Because frankly, playing with a new wizard is kinda fun... but its too easy and the stories are really boring.... especially the 2nd, 3rd, 4th time around.

Survivor
Mar 12, 2011
This is an excellent idea. I play with a single friend, and we are both experienced gamers, both in this game and outside it. We find the game fun, but not usually hard. I especially like the idea of the story. I think there are many stories left to discover, and some stories that were not told all that well. A really nice feature to include in this would be an index. This would store things NPC's said that give slight game hints, and also whole conversation text to check back through. It would be nice because it would read like a story and increase immersion, and it would help people like my friend. Every time I say a nice point an NPC just said he missed it all and ends up missing the lore. Again, please do this KI.

Explorer
Nov 05, 2011
Love it! I was also wondering if at certain points each school could have a choice of spells. For example the level 78 Myth spell is the dimensional shift, which I doubt I will use to often or at all, since I have yet to try PVP. I would have loved a choice of spells. Maybe at each level for each school you can choose one or the other depending on your playing style.

Explorer
Sep 17, 2008
I agree that this is an excellent idea. More quest lines and even a few choices that you get to make in the game to alter the story would add whole new dimensions to the game, basically ensuring that it stays "fresh".

I also mentioned having a choice in spells, too - all myth, life, or whatever school wizards of a certain level end up with the same spells. It starts to seem a little cookie-cutter after a while. I would settle even for paths. Ice wizards could learn to focus on shields or on stuns, for example. Myth can focus on debuffs and damage or on minions. Fire on damage over time or direct damage. etc.

Thanks for reading. :)

Survivor
Mar 13, 2010
That sounds amazing! As I have made 6 wizards, it gets tiring seeing the same storyline over and over without getting to see anything new! I'm all for it.

Alyssa Fairyheart
Level 80