Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crowns Discount for Members

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
I pay to be a member,and subscribe to the old adage "membership has it's perks." The problem I have with KI, is their lack of benefits when it comes to membership. I think they are weak across the board regarding the amount of perks,and their inherit value, so as to solicit new members. My biggest qualm though, is far and away with crowns. Crowns are simply in-game currency that affords a purchaser many options. Many games use the equivalent of these to entice the patron,and to fill the coffers of the game proprietors. I currently invest my recreational time with seven (7) online games who use their own variant of crowns. All of these games reward membership with a discount on this in-game currency ranging from ten (10) to (40) forty percent...except for ONE,...and that would be KI. I am absolutely befuddled why this is. Why do we as members pay the exact same for crowns as non-members? We pay to support this game,and yet we are afforded no discount,while many other games recognize the wisdom behind this. KI give your paying members a benefit they deserve,and that will encourage more to become members. It will make your profits soar !

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
This idea is awesome Pyrsik.
Why dont members get more perks and we definately should get a crowns discount.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
KI could we get an official response to this very legitimate issue? Agree or disagree,I think you at least owe the paying members who support this game a response.

Explorer
Aug 19, 2010
Intrepidatius on Dec 10, 2012 wrote:
I pay to be a member,and subscribe to the old adage "membership has it's perks." The problem I have with KI, is their lack of benefits when it comes to membership. I think they are weak across the board regarding the amount of perks,and their inherit value, so as to solicit new members. My biggest qualm though, is far and away with crowns. Crowns are simply in-game currency that affords a purchaser many options. Many games use the equivalent of these to entice the patron,and to fill the coffers of the game proprietors. I currently invest my recreational time with seven (7) online games who use their own variant of crowns. All of these games reward membership with a discount on this in-game currency ranging from ten (10) to (40) forty percent...except for ONE,...and that would be KI. I am absolutely befuddled why this is. Why do we as members pay the exact same for crowns as non-members? We pay to support this game,and yet we are afforded no discount,while many other games recognize the wisdom behind this. KI give your paying members a benefit they deserve,and that will encourage more to become members. It will make your profits soar !
I agree! We pay so we need a little bit of a discount!

Delver
Jul 21, 2009
Membership gets faster cool downs on crafting pet hatching . Free to all worlds more back pack space So there is a plus to having a membership. Has for crowns they are always on sale in some way or a other.

Survivor
Aug 13, 2011
Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Blaze W on Dec 11, 2012 wrote:
Membership gets faster cool downs on crafting pet hatching . Free to all worlds more back pack space So there is a plus to having a membership. Has for crowns they are always on sale in some way or a other.
As I stated clearly, the perks we do get for being a member are weak across the board. As for the sales....that has no bearing whatsoever,as the sales are the same for everyone! Members should get a discount over what everyone else gets. Other successful mmorpg's see the wisdom,and reap the benefits from this. I just don't understand the mindset of the KI brass sometimes.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Intrepidatius on Dec 12, 2012 wrote:
As I stated clearly, the perks we do get for being a member are weak across the board. As for the sales....that has no bearing whatsoever,as the sales are the same for everyone! Members should get a discount over what everyone else gets. Other successful mmorpg's see the wisdom,and reap the benefits from this. I just don't understand the mindset of the KI brass sometimes.
Its easy to see the mindset of KI:

- Two methods for purchasing access to areas
- Flat rate for everything else.
- Regular sales and promotions

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
This is a smart idea, by then probably everyone will get a membershp and buy crowns, more money for KI, less we have to spend on crowns, and less crowns we have to spend on areas. Genius

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
RottenHeart on Dec 12, 2012 wrote:
Its easy to see the mindset of KI:

- Two methods for purchasing access to areas
- Flat rate for everything else.
- Regular sales and promotions
I understand what you are saying, but it still does not excuse KI for ignoring a member discount. It would also increase their profits, in all likelihood,like the other games that use it. It would be a win for KI,and a win for the members,and yet as most of these posts,sadly it will probably fall upon deaf ears with them. They haven't even responded to a simple request to at least let us know their stance on this issue. They have made a truly wonderful game,and yet they continue to ignore their subscribers.