Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Treasure cards not becoming active!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 01, 2011
I'm a LVL 75 Life and I'm in Avalon now. I want to use my higher treasure cards during battle but they're not ungraying for use. I have plenty of pips required to use them but they'll just stay there gray and not active throughout playing. Since I've paid for them and put them in my spell deck for use, why are some treasure cards working fine (usually the lower pip ones) and not the rest of them? They should all work if you have the pips and they're in you're deck and you've selected them for use.

Administrator
Since you are a Life Wizard, only Life Treasure cards will use PowerPips, all other Treasure Cards will consider PowerPips to only count as a single pip. So for example, if you have a 6 pip ice spell Treasure Card, you must have 6 pips (of any kind) to cast it.

Next time you pull up a treasure card that is grey, and you think you should have enough pips to cast it, take a screenshot and send it to community@wizard101.com and reference this post. I'll look into it for you further, if need be.

community@wizard101.com
Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Nevermind i just noticed your 75. I think prof greyrose is correct you cant use power pips unless you have a mastery amulet.

Survivor
Mar 01, 2011
After all these years of playing, I didn't know that, Professor. Thank you. But that means if I try and use the Leviathan card, I'd need 16 pips to play it! I think I'll have to sell some cards because that's a lot to have to use.

My Forest Lord isn't that powerful in Avalon, even with a blade and Fortify and trap, unless I get a Critical at the time. When playing the bosses, they always block that, so I don't have much for powerful spells like other wizards do. Maybe something more powerful will come along for Life soon?

Thank you again.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Yeah crits are next to useless in avalon.