Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can you do nothing and friends finish dungeon

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 12, 2010
Weird title, yes. Ok, so what I mean is that if you disconnect during a dungeon and friends inside finish it in less than the 30 minutes warning thing, can i log on finding that i finished my instance quest? See i was disconnected while fighting Sir Malory and i didnt come back for certain reasons. i know my friends would habe finished in less than the 30 minute mark thing so the question is: when i log on again is the dungeon gonna be complete, or will i have to do it again? What do you think?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Quantum Divine on Nov 11, 2012 wrote:
Weird title, yes. Ok, so what I mean is that if you disconnect during a dungeon and friends inside finish it in less than the 30 minutes warning thing, can i log on finding that i finished my instance quest? See i was disconnected while fighting Sir Malory and i didnt come back for certain reasons. i know my friends would habe finished in less than the 30 minute mark thing so the question is: when i log on again is the dungeon gonna be complete, or will i have to do it again? What do you think?
If you didn't complete it, you have to do it again. It sure wouldn't be fair otherwise, would it?

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Quantum Divine on Nov 11, 2012 wrote:
If you were not in the dungeon when your friends finished it, you won't get credit for it.

Explorer
Feb 19, 2011
The dungeon reset when the last of your friends left or logged out. To benefit from the dungeon you had to go back inside before the reset.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
AluraMist2 on Nov 11, 2012 wrote:
If you were not in the dungeon when your friends finished it, you won't get credit for it.
I disagree, when i was a mere lad and doing celestia lunarium i had a few people with me and they were moving quick and by the time i caught up they were on Sel and i got credit for kill. Now this may have been a glitch but i did get it with out fighting.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
lastdaysgunslinger on Nov 11, 2012 wrote:
I disagree, when i was a mere lad and doing celestia lunarium i had a few people with me and they were moving quick and by the time i caught up they were on Sel and i got credit for kill. Now this may have been a glitch but i did get it with out fighting.
If you remain in a dungeon while it is completed by another it will count for you, even if you just stand at the door you came in at. This works to my advantage if I am playing with an inexperienced player because I can finish most of the dungeon while they catch up to me making the event go much faster and smoother.

If you were to log off of the game or exit the dungeon for more then 30 mins. though it would not.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
lastdaysgunslinger on Nov 11, 2012 wrote:
If you were in the battle circle when the boss was killed, you would have gotten credit for it. But otherwise, you don't get credit for the kill if you aren't there when it happens. Maybe it was a glitch on your battle...not sure?