Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Cyclops Pet

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 29, 2015
So I got my cyclops pet from Penny Dreadful after doing all of her quests. And now he leveled up to TEEN. My question is if and when can he cast spells???

Survivor
Mar 13, 2010
Only some pets can cast spells, but the cyclops pet cant cast any spells and is just for looks

However, if you train your cyclops to ancient, it will give you the ability to affix a jewel to it, giving you boosts

Survivor
Dec 23, 2011
Hello! Not all pets have may cast spells and if they do they are obtained through training your pet. Once your pet reached teen, he obtained one talent. However your cyclops is a Blue Cyclops and he has no may cast spells. If you need more information on pets you should check out the wizard101 wiki.
~Hope this helps you.
Sarah Strongshield

Defender
Dec 31, 2014
Never. The first generation Blue Cylops is one of the worst pets in the game, almost all easily acquired first generation pets can't cast spells. The Blue Cyclops is loaded with selfish talents and only a few that are actually beneficial, but only if you're ice. You may want to hatch it with a pet that can cast spells if you want it to be able to do so.

Edit: Your pet may be able to cast spells if you affix a may-cast jewel to it at Ancient or above, otherwise, it is pretty useless based on the talents and stats.

Survivor
Apr 20, 2014
Tbh i wouldn''t train a pet like that but i'm not sure.
Try training it to adult and if you don't get something good just hatch with someone.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2013
Sorry, I don't believe that the cyclops will ever give a spell. If it gives a card, (ex. might say: will give card at TEEN) it will say. There might be a (very) slight chance that you could get a May cast at ancient, but I would spend that time leveling more useful pets. Check out Midnight Sun Pagoda or Spiral Cup Gauntlet, you can win good pets there!

Explorer
Jul 22, 2015
Well, I see a newcomer.

Not every pet gives spell cards or may cast a spell for their owner. Many rare pets from the Crown shop and other worlds (you'll get to that part later) can do both. Cyclops pets are fairly common and can have some talents. Don't be dissapointed though; if you level your pet up to farther stages, your pet can gain cool talents such as: giving you higher damage stats to a certain school, giving accuracy (that's the chance to not fizzle), or giving resistance to certain schools. Hope this reply helped!

-Matthew Swiftflame, Lvl 39 wizard

Survivor
Jun 30, 2013
Unfortunately, but at 31, the Blue Cyclops does not have a high enough pedigree to have any 'may-cast' talents in the talent pool. If you want to get a pet that can have may-cast talents, try hatching with someone who does or try obtaining a more powerful pet with a higher pedigree!

Otherwise, here is a link to show you what talents the Blue Cyclops can have:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Pet:Blue_Cyclops

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Michael StormFist
Level 110 Prodigious Diviner

Survivor
Oct 19, 2015
The Cyclops pet can cast it's spell. Once you equip the pet it's spell automatically goes in you deck at the bottom where your shards are. You just need enough pips to cast the spell and certain pages come up in your spellbook so yes, you Cyclops pet can cast a spell.