Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wysteria Revisited & the 3rd Arc

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
When Shadow magic came along, we all dropped our thoughts and theories on Wysteria magic. I'm here today to bring them all back. If Wysteria teaches copies of Bartleby's magic, then could they have a similar school for ? I don't think so, but only because a few minutes ago I spun an entire story from nothing but, "It's been a while since Wysteria was mentioned.'.

Basically, what if there was another Grandparent older than the Spiral, like Raven, Spider & Tree? What kind of animal is known for being a trickster and could also relate to pigs? For some reason my mind went to the 3 Little Pigs and Grandfather Wolf was born. He ran from his siblings once the FirstWorld split, and found himself hunting merrily through pigs on Wysteria until the pigs learnt some of Bartleby's magic and they trapped Wolf. He told them many stories about magics like Ember, Frost & Tempest, but he was unlike Bartleby had been. While some spark was made through his will, it was not much. Wolf has been trapped beneath Wysteria to this day, and a call from Belladonna Crisp sends us to Wysteria again; Wolf is escaping. What's worse? He has Bartleby's eye.

I think the reasoning behind us looking for Bartleby's eye would be to see how Raven trapped Spider and to see how we could do the same. Anyone else thought of that while wondering what happened to the Eye of the Past? Even without Wolf & Wysteria, I think it's a fairly good story focus. I think it would also be fun to have more familiar companions or simply revisit a world we've already known. Who doesn't want to kill 7 Titans with Belladonna Crisp? Didn't I mention the Titans?

Well keeping with this Wolf plot, if he made these 7 magics from essentially nothing, they wouldn't have combined, but had an entity for every single type. I think we should find and defeat these Titans before facing off against Wolf himself. Each Titan could be the respective Bartleby school, and maybe Wolf could even be ?

As I said I came up with this very recently and it's less rough around the edges and more is yet to have a shape. But let me know your own thoughts/adjustments and what parts of the plot would you change/keep? Should the worlds share a Spiral Door? No Wolf? No Titans? No Eye? Just the Eye? Let me know in a reply and I will probably be back on here very shortly.

Explorer
Jan 30, 2009
please explain how he would have bartlesby's eye when it when it was clearly stated, malistaire stole his eye.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Chiaki Minami on Dec 30, 2015 wrote:
please explain how he would have bartlesby's eye when it when it was clearly stated, malistaire stole his eye.
Malistaire & Belladonna both dislike Ravenwood, it's entirely possible that Malistaire used Wysteria as a failsafe in case his plan failed. But given the chaos we have to fix in Wysteria, it's also possible the Wolf used the confusion to take the eye.

Or Belladonna could've found it in Dragonspyre if she was studying their old tactics for the next Spiral Cup.

Heck, Malistaire could've stolen the eye for Wolf in return for something key in summoning the Fire Dragon or bringing back Sylvia.

As I said, this was barely a rough idea, more of a clutter of words.

Survivor
Aug 04, 2010
Hmm... I like where this is going but the one thing I had different opinions on was how you mentioned the magical schools of the Pigswick philosophy to be like a copy of the ones in Ravenwood. Well yes and no. The point is they have no actual magical power. The founder of Pigswick was just seriously ticked off at Ravenwood for kicking him out so he made up his own magical theory and founded his own school. The schools of Pigswick aren't like parallels they're fakes. They're the same magic but twisted and renamed. That's why Pigswick wizards aren't as powerful as Ravenwood wizards. All this being said that kind of throws off the whole post. Sorry.

-Jessica Swiftgem, Prodigious Thaumaturge

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Shadow Magic and Chaos
I think Wysteria, in fact, already has an alternative to Shadow Magic. Shadow Magic is unstable, powerful, and full of surprises. Guess what else shares all three traits? The Chaos Magic in Wysteria. I've heard a lot of theories of Chaos being Myth, but there's nothing to back this up. In fact, there's nothing to back up that the schools of Wysteria are anything like the schools of Ravenwood, even though many share similarities. Sure, Ember and Frost sound like Fire and Ice, but consider the differences of Ember and Fire. Ember wizards are like Hobbits from Lord of the Rings. They are calm and prefer their home and the warmth of their fire. Fire, on the other hand, is described by Wizard101 itself like this:
"Fire is passion, the bright, burning flame of raw emotion sweeping over everything. Those who follow the School of Fire known as Pyromancers, are tempestuous, quick to anger, and consumed by whatever drives them at that moment." -Wizard101

As you can see, Ember and Fire share nearly zero similarities, as Ember folk are calm and humble while Fire folk are impulsive and quick-tempered.

Regarding Bartleby's Eye:
I think the Eye of Past is in fact essential to Malistaire in summoning the Dragon Titan, since he's from the past. I believe one would need a relic of the past to summon a being of the past. See what I'm on to? It seems more reasonable that Grandfather Wolf would take the eye, but the question remains, why?