Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Forum Posting

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Basically, until about a week ago now, I hadn't been posting much, that's because I couldn't. I'm a Crowns player, so I don't often get to post in these forums; which annoyed me. So I decided to make a post about forum posting. I think one of the following ideas should be added:

1) Pay to Post, Free Replies. Probably the most likely of these, or at least in the middle, but it does exactly what it says on the tin. Exactly how things are now, except anyone with an account can reply to threads; but not make the threads.

2) Free Forums. Maybe not that likely, but I suggest Number 1; except free players can also make threads too.

3) Free Forums+Paying Features. This requires (I would think) the most programming, but may end up being the most liked (I bet you get tons of ideas falling into that category). Basically, Number 2, but people who pay get extra features for a month. Like liking threads/replies, watching topics/watching posters, etc. I'm certain there's people reading this who could come up with more ideas.

And another idea I just thought of while typing this:

4) Christmas Spirit. Give people January to make and reply to threads. Or another month, possibly coinciding with a book week or something along those lines. I'm certain this would be the easiest to pull off KI, and while I don't think perfect; I'm hardly in a place to complain.

Since my writing ability wears off sometime in early January, you can probably expect more posts in the time being and then a (possibly long) silence. But be sure to reply (if you can), and mention if this is a good idea or not, what changes you would make or which number you'd opt for.. But in order to get even the free players' opinions; why doesn't KI (the person proof-reading this) do a poll for everyone on this topic? Anyway, that's all for now from me.

Survivor
Sep 13, 2012
Basically, until about a week ago now, I hadn't been posting much, that's because I couldn't. I'm a Crowns player, so I don't often get to post in these forums; which annoyed me. So I decided to make a post about forum posting. I think one of the following ideas should be added:

Honestly. I think that any idea to the game might help it so I personally don't have a problem with what you described.

I would add one addition that a wizard that post stat should appear with their name, or school.

I just don't want unseasoned wizards giving input to game and changes happen that hamper play or does not apply to post.

I think all people can have good ideas but I also know that there perspective can be different.

So I have gone back are read old post. Some are great post. Others may I just say play at a different level.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2013
I think this would be a good idea for KI to look into. I think that 3 would be the one I would like to see the most. To eleborate, I would add that the purchase must be over 5 dollars (there are 1 dollar things you can get, and in that case you would just be paying to post) but also add extra bonuses in as well. Maybe you could see the test realm for that month? Anyways they are all good ideas and I defiantly would like to see some of them in the future!

Explorer
Dec 25, 2009
I am totally into #1. My posting time should expire in 4 days if I remember correctly. #2 is not ever going to happen.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Free players aren't the ones whose opinions matter. No offense intended to them. KI makes this game to make money. Paying customers are their target audience. Allowing free play is a bonus feature and a loss leader. A loss leader for those that don't know is offering something at a loss to the company in hopes of converting it into sales elsewhere. Free play is in hopes that they will be converted into paying customers. Allowing free players to post replies would require KI to hire more moderators to read through and approve all the posts. In addition to the added cost it also would skew any results. You poll your paying customers to see what they want and are willing to pay for. Polling people who don't pay doesn't really help at all.

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
I really like this idea! And at the very least, just let people see the minor update notes threads without making them log in. I never really understood the point of that.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
seethe42 on Dec 17, 2015 wrote:
Free players aren't the ones whose opinions matter. No offense intended to them. KI makes this game to make money. Paying customers are their target audience. Allowing free play is a bonus feature and a loss leader. A loss leader for those that don't know is offering something at a loss to the company in hopes of converting it into sales elsewhere. Free play is in hopes that they will be converted into paying customers. Allowing free players to post replies would require KI to hire more moderators to read through and approve all the posts. In addition to the added cost it also would skew any results. You poll your paying customers to see what they want and are willing to pay for. Polling people who don't pay doesn't really help at all.
I understand what you're saying, but there isn't a dichotomy. As far as I'm aware, there's 3 types of players: Members, Free Players, and Crowns Players. The second is the one you're saying should not be involved, but inadvertently grouping the third in with them. I assume you're a Member, and from a purely monetary view, they matter most. That's why they are currently the only people who can constantly post on here. But Crowns Players can end up paying just as much if not more money to KI, and yet they only get to post a month after a purchase. I agree Free Players offer no income, but often they can have excellent ideas for the game and yet they're unheard.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Blaze Sandblade on Dec 17, 2015 wrote:
I understand what you're saying, but there isn't a dichotomy. As far as I'm aware, there's 3 types of players: Members, Free Players, and Crowns Players. The second is the one you're saying should not be involved, but inadvertently grouping the third in with them. I assume you're a Member, and from a purely monetary view, they matter most. That's why they are currently the only people who can constantly post on here. But Crowns Players can end up paying just as much if not more money to KI, and yet they only get to post a month after a purchase. I agree Free Players offer no income, but often they can have excellent ideas for the game and yet they're unheard.
They can be heard in the fan forums which offer a venue for them and filter up to here. The addition of free players would mostly result in an increase in the need for moderators with no real benefit. Crown players have a say already and are included for 30 days after a purchase. A more fair solution to that issue, in my opinion, would be to allow access to members, anyone who purchased crowns in the past 30 days and anyone with a crown balance over 2000. With free crowns from trivia and videos, this would allow serious free players. It would also include crown players who buy in bulk but take longer than a month between purchases.