Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

gear for fire wizard and how to get more wizards

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 02, 2012
I am a lvl 100 plus fire wizard but I struggle because I can not get my wizard over 5200 hp. my crit is 1% and my
blocking is 12% but I can't crit or block I don't have a way of increasing my resist most of my attacks from anyone,
and no matter how arrange my decks I don't get the strikes I need in a fight. I have been mocked by other wizards
because of this. So if there is a way of getting better gear and a better way to use my decks Please help me.

Also how can I get more than one wizard on my account? Maybe if I had another wizard from another school that
might help and can you play them both at the same time? Please respond in kind way to help me, because I like
the game but I am shocked that I have gotten so far with my bad skills.

Wolf Giantheart

Delver
Dec 15, 2009
If you are level 100 and you have only %1 critical, you must be doing something wrong. To get better gear, go to Olde Town in Wizard City, go into the bazaar and click "Usable" which will show all the gear you can buy. After that, click "Level" so it displays the gear from highest level to lowest level. From there, slowly look at the gear and perks that come with it, find the best one, and buy it.

You can also farm some areas like Waterworks for finding gear, but they are all chance.

Hunter LifeBreeze Level 79

Survivor
Sep 13, 2012
Nov 28, 2015
gear for fire wizard and how to get more wizards

Hi Wolf,

Fire school can be a hard school without really good gear.

Try to craft your gear the quest starts in the Old Town.
Also if you don't have it already. Do the quest for the backdraft trap. It is a Fire school only trap, it is a per pip trap, and the best in the whole game and can be very effective when used correctly.
You will get the best use of it if you use it along with an empowerment.

I hope this helps

I would start with gear first. Look around and ask other Fire Wizards what they are doing. Fire can be a fun school to quest with. But, is often over shadowed by storm. As all schools are. But, I'm finding satisfaction comes from within in everything you do and touch.

Happy questing and good luck.

Cya Peeps

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
wolfgreatheart on Nov 28, 2015 wrote:
I am a lvl 100 plus fire wizard but I struggle because I can not get my wizard over 5200 hp. my crit is 1% and my
blocking is 12% but I can't crit or block I don't have a way of increasing my resist most of my attacks from anyone,
and no matter how arrange my decks I don't get the strikes I need in a fight. I have been mocked by other wizards
because of this. So if there is a way of getting better gear and a better way to use my decks Please help me.

Also how can I get more than one wizard on my account? Maybe if I had another wizard from another school that
might help and can you play them both at the same time? Please respond in kind way to help me, because I like
the game but I am shocked that I have gotten so far with my bad skills.

Wolf Giantheart
While I can't help so much with the fire strategy, I can answer your other questions

1. Click "new" on the character selection screen
2. You can't play two characters from one account at the same time
Alternatively you can make another account and tag team with your alt account (But this does mean you would be paying for 2 accounts) by running two wizard101 windows at once.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
For decks, try carrying the smallest amount of spells possible. You can always carry a few reshuffles in TCs. You don't need to carry 10 copies of the same spell that you will only cast 1-2 times. The best gear is always dropped gear, do some research on the wiki and find who drops the gear best suited to your play style. As for getting new wizards, you can have 6 wizards on each account. Just click New from the character selection screen and start a new one. That's the screen at the beginning when you are standing in a classroom. When you have multiple wizards, the ones not selected will fill the seats.

Explorer
May 25, 2013
Hi. I'm a life wizard, but hope I can help you.
As far as I'm concerned, 5,200 is a good number in terms of my health. My friend Keira is about as hardcore as you can get at times, as she has pretty much all the best gear, clocking in at 5,2001.
Ever since the critical update, the crit and block stats have become kind of useless. Blocking at 12% seems pretty overpowered in my eyes, as even with my tank gear, I can't get past 2%. If you could specify your resist, that would help.
Keep a small deck, unless you're in a pvp situation. If you are, and you are having terrible luck, keep a few hits in the side deck. Telling us the basics of your deck and you gear would help here. Though the best gear is still from darkmoor and the ultra dungeons. (is this going to be waterworks all over again?)
You can get another wizard on your account by pressing the "New" button in the wizard selection screen. The only way you can play two wizards at the same time is purchasing a membership on another account. If you decide to go through that route, there is a family deal I would recommend.
I would offer help, but I play at strange hours in a completely different country from North America. All I can do is refer you to Duelist101 exalted fire pvp guides. Best of luck wolf.

Nicholas Lifeblade archmage
Nicholas Stormblade Adept