Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Myth seriously needs some help.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 23, 2015
Myth is the least played and by far the most underrated school in the game.

No one likes Myth. People barely even play as myth in PvP, and in normal game too. I made a myth wizard, and once around grandmaster I was asking another group of wizards if I can join them in a dungeon, and you wanna know what EVERY SINGLE one of them said?

"lol no ur myth"

Like seriously?

Myth has nothing special about it anymore. Minions are practically useless, and myth has only 2 AoE's and the stuns are only viable in mobs or in PvP.

Please fix Myth Kingsisle, please make Myth appealing again.

Delver
Jul 15, 2011
Before deer knight was around, I used to hear people say how death wizards were a waste in groups. After that, I remember hearing about ice not hitting hard enough, or balance.

I always liked myth and never have problems grouping with them. I understand that a lot of players think having really high damage numbers is the be all end all thing, so they all want to be storm or team up with storm, but that's actually really boring and it really relies on a lot of support from others and a lot of TC.

Sure Myth wizards don't get an awesome super powered uber death blow finishing AOE spell until Darkmoor. That should be fine though since they still get some incredible spells way before then. Shatter, pierce, earthquake, basilisk, humongofrog, minotaur, are just a few the come to mind.

There are no bad classes in this game. Each of them has their benefits and drawbacks.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
runningwithfriends on Sep 29, 2015 wrote:

No one likes Myth. People barely even play as myth in PvP, and in normal game too. I made a myth wizard, and once around grandmaster I was asking another group of wizards if I can join them in a dungeon, and you wanna know what EVERY SINGLE one of them said?

"lol no ur myth"

Like seriously?

Myth has nothing special about it anymore. Minions are practically useless, and myth has only 2 AoE's and the stuns are only viable in mobs or in PvP.

3 now (not two) 3 mystic colossus which aoe

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
Tatiana Winterhear... on Sep 29, 2015 wrote:
Before deer knight was around, I used to hear people say how death wizards were a waste in groups. After that, I remember hearing about ice not hitting hard enough, or balance.

I always liked myth and never have problems grouping with them. I understand that a lot of players think having really high damage numbers is the be all end all thing, so they all want to be storm or team up with storm, but that's actually really boring and it really relies on a lot of support from others and a lot of TC.

Sure Myth wizards don't get an awesome super powered uber death blow finishing AOE spell until Darkmoor. That should be fine though since they still get some incredible spells way before then. Shatter, pierce, earthquake, basilisk, humongofrog, minotaur, are just a few the come to mind.

There are no bad classes in this game. Each of them has their benefits and drawbacks.
exactly (ice bad school) there not because overpower resist/heath (not all same talent) I be offense ice (If wanna too) I don't safety way win battle!

Survivor
Jun 15, 2015
I think Myth is fine as it is now, it's personally my favorite school to solo. I've never had any of those problems. Only annoying thing is having to spam frog until Darkmoor.

Survivor
Jul 23, 2014
In my opinion myth and ice are my least favorite school. Although myth can hit aoes ice is pretty weak until level 60 or darkmoor. Then again it depends on what type of player you are. Ice and Myth at level 50 and below are top tier. Other then low level PvP I don't really see the point of those schools. (Unless your soloing) Myth is a pretty strong solo class but if i was going to solo I would use life or death. But just because I don't like these schools doesn't mean other players won't like them. There are extraordinary players in both schools. As far as aoes going every school except for life and death have a learned aoe by level 30. I personally play life and death a lot and I can tell you how frustrating it was going through worlds like dragonspyre with no aoe.

Survivor
Aug 26, 2012
When I look at Myth i see an awesome school. it shatters any shield that is in their way and their damage is decent.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
Squirrel The Hero on Oct 3, 2015 wrote:
In my opinion myth and ice are my least favorite school. Although myth can hit aoes ice is pretty weak until level 60 or darkmoor. Then again it depends on what type of player you are. Ice and Myth at level 50 and below are top tier. Other then low level PvP I don't really see the point of those schools. (Unless your soloing) Myth is a pretty strong solo class but if i was going to solo I would use life or death. But just because I don't like these schools doesn't mean other players won't like them. There are extraordinary players in both schools. As far as aoes going every school except for life and death have a learned aoe by level 30. I personally play life and death a lot and I can tell you how frustrating it was going through worlds like dragonspyre with no aoe.
because ice have immunity (so, block more of damage) that want tank do (not all tank do same thing) beside I love having immunity useful in new world (boss with cheat aoe attack)

Explorer
Oct 23, 2011
Tatiana Winterhear... on Sep 29, 2015 wrote:

''There are no bad classes in this game. Each of them has their benefits and drawbacks.''

Not very true. All schools are bad at some levels but may be good at other levels. Per example, myth is fine at legendary and grandmaster while its the worse school ever at max (obviously talking of pvp), so can we say its not a bad school?

(I'm not including the storm school, its bad at all levels. Oh, and the balance school, which is overpowered at all levels)

Defender
Dec 31, 2014
JustinFrostHunter on Oct 19, 2015 wrote:
because ice have immunity (so, block more of damage) that want tank do (not all tank do same thing) beside I love having immunity useful in new world (boss with cheat aoe attack)
Any school could have immunity and immunity doesn't mean block more damage (that's resist), it means to block all damage. Ice is not the only school that could get immunity, and even if they have immunity against one school, it is currently impossible to have immunity to all seven of the main schools.

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
To be honest, I think myth is fine. It is hard to solo the game with that school, but I would strongly recommend it if you are going to work with friends or family. I think that the attacks are average, the armor is average, the defense is average, but there is something going for it. Myth uses a lot of strategy and thinking, because they have earthquake, stuns, and they have the power to cleanse the opponent's shields and blades.
Examples:
very strong attacks that can have a big damage at one time
very high health and defense and the tower shield/shields
many attacks involve an over time effect which helps the damage linger
good traps and "preparation" spells like strong blades and feints
uses a lot of strategy and thinking- earthquake, stuns, cleanses
very high health and defense and the healing spells
I can't say it better than that they are very balanced- they have a little bit of everything mentioned above
So, based off of the chart, I would say myth is pretty equal to other schools. Obviously, storm, fire, death, and balance are able to solo the game, but ice, myth, and life probably would need a companion. That doesn't mean that are worse, it just means they use different strategies that do better with more than one person. They benefit themselves, but it is harder to have a strong offense all the time.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
George Washington on Oct 20, 2015 wrote:
Any school could have immunity and immunity doesn't mean block more damage (that's resist), it means to block all damage. Ice is not the only school that could get immunity, and even if they have immunity against one school, it is currently impossible to have immunity to all seven of the main schools.
death school HAVE MOST BEST TOP IMMUNITY RESIST PET IN THE SPIRAL and they can get 4 immunity to 1 each school! LIFE TOP RESIST TO MYTH/STORM THEY HAVE secret wizard that they are storm wizard use jade gear (use on fire school) in tournament perk storm immune fire with a life wizard use they will use immune to fire

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
Lizziebell03 on Nov 23, 2015 wrote:
To be honest, I think myth is fine. It is hard to solo the game with that school, but I would strongly recommend it if you are going to work with friends or family. I think that the attacks are average, the armor is average, the defense is average, but there is something going for it. Myth uses a lot of strategy and thinking, because they have earthquake, stuns, and they have the power to cleanse the opponent's shields and blades.
Examples:
I can't say it better than that they are very balanced- they have a little bit of everything mentioned above
So, based off of the chart, I would say myth is pretty equal to other schools. Obviously, storm, fire, death, and balance are able to solo the game, but ice, myth, and life probably would need a companion. That doesn't mean that are worse, it just means they use different strategies that do better with more than one person. They benefit themselves, but it is harder to have a strong offense all the time.
not all ice use tank (don't use tank gear when they are offense) 64 universe damage in level 50-60 when reach to warlord

meet level 1 warlord with 50-60 resist

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Lizziebell03 on Nov 23, 2015 wrote:
Examples:
I have soloed everything but Fire and I have to disagree completely with your analysis. Myth is the easiest of all schools to solo in my opinion. Darkmoor is the only thing I have needed help with on my Myth. PvP is a different story.

Survivor
Feb 24, 2012
Well those people are noobs.
I got a max myth and people are always asking me to help them with dungeons even if they are a higher level than me because what us myths can do, shatter, earthquake, mystic colossus, medusa all these are needed later on in the game PLUS MYTH CAN SOLO!!!!! even with out the useless ''minions'' so they're wrong and if you ever need help ask me

Wolfmythsword110

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
A true player or "pro" Can move along with all the benefits of playing a school and still make use of the flaws. Myths minions practically become useless past level 76 in player vs player, but they end up getting some really strong things besides minions and medusa combos. Such as king art which destroys 2 shields and does mass overtime, and gives you a pierce blade. Practically good for anything. Although their health and damage could use some buffs myth I truck along just fine with my minions talos and golems in level 76 pvp. I can use myths utilities such as sacrificing a golem minion for some decent heal back or get some pips. When someone says such and such needs nerfs or buffs they are just saying that they either cannot make use of the utilities of that school, or have to many problems dealing with the utilities of another school that's fighting against them. I suck at storm and fire pvp, those schools just require less strategy and more attacking which I can't do cause I always overthink my opponent when playing with them. Myth is great and i'll stick with them even if every single one of their spells got a nerf tomorrow
Alejandro 76wizard

Hero
May 07, 2015
runningwithfriends on Sep 29, 2015 wrote:

"lol no ur myth"

Like seriously?

i think is cool dont listen to people who say its not