Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Idea to increase players and other thing

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 04, 2012
Recently i noticed not a lot of people play wizard101 as much as they used to, i think i know what the problem is. I noticed that when you complete all quest of wizardcity you can not go on or complete anything else. The main problem is for non-members 1. they cannot lvl up any more 2. they cannot travel to any other world without a trail 3. they cannot complete any other quest 4. they feel like they did all they can but not everyone can spend money. In Runescape you can complete every quest and travel to every area, but there is a limit, the shops, trains, cog buildings all are limited to inside the main area if you do not pay money. Meaning you have to go backwards to recollect your gags in some areas. I wish wizard101 was somewhat like that where we are able to travel anywhere but to buy from those words cost crowns. Though i do realize the bazaar kind of breaks that. If you guys do this i would think more poeple would play wizard101. Still you should keep the crown shop, these side things will give you the money you need. I myself spent at least 10,000 crowns or more just to complete quest and i still cannot complete it, and i returned to at first see if there was any better changes. So i guess what i am trying to say is can you please open up the other areas so everyone can complete there quests fully. There are still restrictions in say shops, minigames, and a few side things. My Quest book gets pretty messy when i cannot complete those quests because i do not have enough crowns. This is why i left so many years ago. i would like to see more people joining. If you want you could make it so when a previews members of that area reenters it, it would make him no longer a member of that area and return the crowns, so everyone is the same. Members are able to buy from every shop and seventeenth else, enter everything in arena, and is not restricted. Thank you for listening to my advice i have to improve the game. I would like to see more players playing, cause now in days i see only 2 servers full and the rest quiet, while in the past there were about 10 servers full and the rest decent aka somewhat full, and only a few that were quiet (normally 2). Idk if it was called decent anymore

Explorer
Nov 30, 2012
I agree. I've seen other games where you can complete the game without a membership. However, what they did was put restrictions on other things
So, for example:
Non-members get access to all main-quest worlds, and all the quests and spells

They don't get:
Side worlds
No houses
Maybe make special clothing sets only available to members
Certain dungeons (Darkmoor should be available since it gives a spell)
PvP- non-members cannot compete and rank up. They only have access to practice matches with friends

This is what I think is fair. I say give gifts to members as in incentive to make people buy, but allow everyone access, or at the least, once you have unlocked a world you can keep access. With access to the main worlds, nonmembers could finish the game, since they aren't being forced to pay to play, they might be more willing to buy things like crowns.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
I disagree. We, as players, are purchasing a product. KI, as a business, exists to make money. For as long as there have been video games, developers have issued "trial" or "demo" versions of their games. The reason for this is so a player can decide whether they enjoy the game enough to want to make the investment for the full version. It's a mechanic that's worked forever and KI is simply following along the same course. I don't know what the actual numbers are but I haven't noticed any significant decline in the number of people playing. I've checked the population of the different realms and I normally see that at any given time a large portion of them are Full, Crowded or Perfect.
It's like a free sample of cheese or lunchmeat at the grocery store. Go to the store and tell them you want a free sample of EVERY ONE of their cheeses and lunchmeats and they'll probably laugh you out of the store. There's no such thing as a free meal and that is essentially what you're suggesting.
On the subject of leveling...being restricted to Wizard City does not necessarily prevent you from further leveling up. You can fight and re-fight the same areas as many times as you like.
The bottom line is, if someone can afford to purchase Crowns then they can save up to purchase a subscription. Sure, it might take some time but it can be done and everything doesn't have to be immediate. The OP purchased 10,000 Crowns to complete a quest... KI runs regular sales for yearly membership @ $59.95. The second option seems like a wiser choice to me.

Defender
Apr 10, 2012
No. I do not agree with this at all. When I first discovered this game several years back, I was playing for free to see if I liked it. I did and so I got a subscription. I would not be pleased if suddenly KI opened the doors to all the worlds after I have invested a lot of money to play this game. I would feel cheated. I am sorry that you don't have enough crowns for subscription and like Tuscon Wizard said, if you had enough to buy some crowns to get through quests then you can save up for a membership. I agree with everything Tuscon Wizard say and hope this never happens. KI is a business agreed.

Explorer
Nov 30, 2012
At least I think Wizard City should be free. I think this would allow more newer players to get more of a feel for the game. They could level up more, get better spells, and they could see what fighting a world boss is like. And with the huge amount of worlds there are now, it seems more fair.

Also, using the reason that it would cheat you if new players could do this is somewhat selfish. You should not be upset that other players are able to do things you were not. Things like this will happen all the time, whether in this game, other games, or even real life. I'm sorry, but saying "I would feel cheated" isn't a valid reason.

But yes, I may have pushed it by saying all worlds. At the least it should be WC.