Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Make Ultra Dungeon drops more common?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 20, 2011
I'm currently stuck trying to get the mote of transport for my life whirlwind mount. The only problem is that you can almost only find it at the master Rattlebone's one-shot dungeon. So, I went on my master character and tried to collect as many as I can. I soon found out after getting one, I stopped getting them suddenly. I tried battling him about thirty more times and still, I have not gotten what I am searching for. I am wondering if it's just bad luck, can I only have one one-shot dungeon at a time, or are the chances really that low?

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Nicole Lifethorn on Aug 25, 2015 wrote:
I'm currently stuck trying to get the mote of transport for my life whirlwind mount. The only problem is that you can almost only find it at the master Rattlebone's one-shot dungeon. So, I went on my master character and tried to collect as many as I can. I soon found out after getting one, I stopped getting them suddenly. I tried battling him about thirty more times and still, I have not gotten what I am searching for. I am wondering if it's just bad luck, can I only have one one-shot dungeon at a time, or are the chances really that low?
drops are random~ when i farmed rattlebones for the first time, i got 6 exalted dungeons in 7 runs, but there have been days when i get nothing.

sounds like a bout of bad luck to me. i'd be happy to commiserate with you, since i had about the same luck in castle dreadmore for 8 months before i finally saw sense and stopped trying..

-von

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Nicole Lifethorn on Aug 25, 2015 wrote:
I think KI might have reduced the drop rates. It seems to me that when this feature was implemented I was getting an ultra dungeon drop about every other time I fought the Oni, or Krokopatra or Rattlebones. Now the drops don't seem to be quite as frequent but they're still relatively common.