Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Merle Ambrose not giving out foulgaze quest!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
So my sister and I just created new wizards to quest together with. We are both level 9 and have both done the same exact quests. We just finished Firecat Alley, the last of the 3 streets in olde town that we decided to do. We both came back to the headmaster and turned in our quest for 250 experience. My character is having no issues whatsoever. He has both "A look of horror" and "Colossal trouble" available to him. My sister however, only has access to "a potion for bartleby" and "pet sounds" which are both sidequests. We have indeed double and triple checked that we didn't miss anything or anyone. We have defeated swift arrow, harvest lord, and akilles, and my sister is not being offered the colossus boulevard or foulgaze quests. I even logged her out and back in entirely to make sure that it wasn't some sort of computer glitch. Someone please help us get to the bottom of this so we can continue questing.

Defender
May 06, 2011
WolfStormWielder. on Jun 29, 2015 wrote:
So my sister and I just created new wizards to quest together with. We are both level 9 and have both done the same exact quests. We just finished Firecat Alley, the last of the 3 streets in olde town that we decided to do. We both came back to the headmaster and turned in our quest for 250 experience. My character is having no issues whatsoever. He has both "A look of horror" and "Colossal trouble" available to him. My sister however, only has access to "a potion for bartleby" and "pet sounds" which are both sidequests. We have indeed double and triple checked that we didn't miss anything or anyone. We have defeated swift arrow, harvest lord, and akilles, and my sister is not being offered the colossus boulevard or foulgaze quests. I even logged her out and back in entirely to make sure that it wasn't some sort of computer glitch. Someone please help us get to the bottom of this so we can continue questing.
I believe you have to do A Potion For Bartleby quest to advance, since he tells Ambrose to beware of Malistaire. It would make sense. If it doesn't advance the story whatsoever, then send a ticket to Kingsisle.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
KatherineDragonBla... on Jun 30, 2015 wrote:
I believe you have to do A Potion For Bartleby quest to advance, since he tells Ambrose to beware of Malistaire. It would make sense. If it doesn't advance the story whatsoever, then send a ticket to Kingsisle.
I tried that already, despite it not making sense to since my character hasn't done it yet and like i said, isn't having any issues getting the quests.

Explorer
Jul 16, 2009
You both have to take the quests separately. You have to go back to where you took your quests, and fulfill your sister's quests.
It may not have registered for her, because you've both moved thru content w/o her right-clicking on content and storyline/quests.
I had a similar problem in Marleybone.
I rolled thru content with a family member, that I personally had to repeat, in order to advance.
It took us weeks.
If you don't/didn't both have the same quests in your spell books, you should go back quickly to remedy it.
Never move on w/o making sure you and your pals/ relatives/ loved ones are on the same page, with your quests.
It can get difficult.
A person can get REALLY behind their friends and family.

If your sister has/had the same exact same quests as you in her school book and didn't "complete" because of some weird glitch, and, she completed them, e-mail KI directly.

Did she have the SAME quests in her spell book as you while you both were defeating all those monsters?
Did she have no quests the same as you?
Did you both do the exact same things taking the exact same quests?
Did you only get the XP while she got none, (or some/a little)?
E-mail KI.
Otherwise, go back and dig for her quest-line mishap.
It sounds like a quest-line mishap.
I know plenty about those.