Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

So the large multi tanks are a waste of crowns

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 03, 2012
So i thought as I have 50 different fish taking up space in my fishing basket i would buy a couple of the new multi tanks and solve the problem of having 50 separate tanks.

DON'T WASTE YOUR CROWNS

It will not let me put any of my 97 fish in either the Large Keeper Multi-tank or the Large Small Fry Multi-Tank

Why are there restrictions on what can go into a Multi-tank as long as they are all small fry or keepers

Administrator
Hello,

I'm sorry for the confusion.

The first word in the description of the tank refers to the shape of fish. So if your fish are currently in "Regular Keeper Aquariums," you'd need to get the "Regular Keeper Multi-Tank."

community@wizard101.com
Community Leader
Large, Standard, Tall are shapes of tanks. Some fish are Large, some are Standard, some are Tall.

For instance, Jellyfish are usually Tall. Rays are usually Large.

So if you have a Keeper Ray, you will need a Large Keeper Aquarium. Or if you have a Whopper Jellyfish, you will need a Tall Whopper Aquarium. Look at your fish's information in the Angler Tome. The Icon on bottom right with tank shape will tell you which tank it can fit in.

The reason they created it this way is because some fish do not need so much space compared to others. Some fish need more height in space, some need width. Some are average. If they made one tank for all, it would be HUGE and would take up a lot of space to be able to hold all sizes of fish.

Hope this helps.

Need help with Zeke, Packs, Pets, Gear? Stars of the Spiral has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Survivor
Oct 19, 2011
Kelsey Fireheart on Jun 26, 2015 wrote:
Large, Standard, Tall are shapes of tanks. Some fish are Large, some are Standard, some are Tall.

For instance, Jellyfish are usually Tall. Rays are usually Large.

So if you have a Keeper Ray, you will need a Large Keeper Aquarium. Or if you have a Whopper Jellyfish, you will need a Tall Whopper Aquarium. Look at your fish's information in the Angler Tome. The Icon on bottom right with tank shape will tell you which tank it can fit in.

The reason they created it this way is because some fish do not need so much space compared to others. Some fish need more height in space, some need width. Some are average. If they made one tank for all, it would be HUGE and would take up a lot of space to be able to hold all sizes of fish.

Hope this helps.
I have a large regular keeper aquarium, and it doesn't allow me to keep any of the regular fish in there. When I open it up to put fish in there, it says I don't have any in my basket that match the size. I have small fry, keeper, whoppers, and tall fish in my basket, and yet none qualify. Please help.

Explorer
Jan 12, 2013
Cookiedad on Aug 23, 2015 wrote:
I have a large regular keeper aquarium, and it doesn't allow me to keep any of the regular fish in there. When I open it up to put fish in there, it says I don't have any in my basket that match the size. I have small fry, keeper, whoppers, and tall fish in my basket, and yet none qualify. Please help.
Try to remember the words small fry, keeper and whoppers don't actually refer to the size of the fish, but are actually the type.

Key words to look at when purchasing/crafting aquariums:
1. First words describes the type tank you need. Large=rays tall=jellyfish, cuddlefish, flying saucer fish etc., regular=most other fish.

2. Second word describes size of tank. keeper=average size fish, small fry=tiny fish and whopper=fat fish. Based on the how many "pounds" the fish far.

For example. The large keeper aquarium are for the rays of average size. Devil and Sun Rays and the tongue fish so far are the only large keepers. The whoppers and small fry will go into tanks depending on the type/size of fish that it is.

When you look at the fish in your fishing basket, it shows a small aquarium on the upper left corner that when you mouse over it, it tells you what type and size of tank you need. In the angler's tome, it show the aquarium on the bottom right of the picture.
Hopefully that makes sense.

Steven
Fish Whisperer

Survivor
Oct 19, 2011
See, now that's confusing. When you think large regular keeper aquarium, you think Large (as in able to hold more than one fish at a time), and regular keeper (referring to fish that are not small fry or whopper category). Poor job naming this. A better description of the items should show as to what particular fish, especially when you are about to blow crowns on this.

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
The problem here seems to be the word "Large". Most people read that as being a big tank that holds many fish, rather than a specific fish type. Maybe if it had been called a "Wide" tank instead that would clear it up. People don't seem nearly as confused by the "tall" tanks. Tall fish go in tall tanks, regular fish in regular tanks, and WIDE fish go in LARGE tanks.
The other problem is that there are not many wide/Large fish yet, and they are not found in very low level areas. If a low level wide/Large fish were in the Wizard City Commons pool and was seen early in fishing, that might also help get the idea across. There would be at least one example of that type in your fish journal.

Survivor
Jan 13, 2014
Calamity Finch on Dec 4, 2015 wrote:
The problem here seems to be the word "Large". Most people read that as being a big tank that holds many fish, rather than a specific fish type. Maybe if it had been called a "Wide" tank instead that would clear it up. People don't seem nearly as confused by the "tall" tanks. Tall fish go in tall tanks, regular fish in regular tanks, and WIDE fish go in LARGE tanks.
The other problem is that there are not many wide/Large fish yet, and they are not found in very low level areas. If a low level wide/Large fish were in the Wizard City Commons pool and was seen early in fishing, that might also help get the idea across. There would be at least one example of that type in your fish journal.
"The problem here seems to be the word "Large". Most people read that as being a big tank that holds many fish"

Well yeah. That's how the English language works. The tanks were very poorly named