Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

game wide tournament

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 14, 2014
yearly, as if it were an event, kingsisle holds a tournament you are allowed to team with up to three others, then all worlds are opened to all players, peacefull areas are temporarily pulled, and anyone you bump into battles you, if you are defeated you become a spectator, like in pvp. once all players are defeated in a realm and area, that player moves to a special area to await the next winner. afterwards the top 100 players are rewarded.

Defender
Dec 25, 2011
kendra ace on Jun 18, 2015 wrote:
yearly, as if it were an event, kingsisle holds a tournament you are allowed to team with up to three others, then all worlds are opened to all players, peacefull areas are temporarily pulled, and anyone you bump into battles you, if you are defeated you become a spectator, like in pvp. once all players are defeated in a realm and area, that player moves to a special area to await the next winner. afterwards the top 100 players are rewarded.
do you know when they're doing this?

Survivor
Jul 14, 2014
Alexandra PearlBlo... on Jun 18, 2015 wrote:

so sorry, I should have mentioned that this was my idea for kingsisle. this isn't actually an event yet but it would probably be around August so that people could get on more often. LOL you thought I was informing you of this sorry.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
kendra ace on Jun 18, 2015 wrote:
sorry, no.

not everyone wants to pvp~ quite frankly, i'd be happy if it was wiped off the face of the spiral altogether. plus, what would happen if a novice (level 1) just trotting through the commons came up against a level 100 in darkmoor elite gear?

that said, here are some suggestions as to how this could be implemented in a way that's fair:

1) make the event pvp-only; that way, participation is opt-in, rather than opt-out;

2) spiral cup: this would be a game-wide event, and teams would be comprised of wizards from various schools and skill levels.

(i played neopets as a teenager, and they had an event called the altador cup: basically, players would join their favourite world's team and complete certain tasks or play certain games in order to earn points for their team. every task they completed would also earn them points, which they could spend in the prize shop for unique items once the event ended.)

how this would work in-game:

first, pick a team from the following:

team wc
team krok
team marley
team mooshu
team dragonspyre
team celestia
team zaf
team avalon
team azteca
team khrysalis
team wysteria
team grizzletusk

the required tasks for each wizard would be assigned based on level~ for example, a level 20 wizard might have to kill a certain # of rank 3-4 mobs, while a level 100 wizard would have to kill the same # of rank 11-12 mobs, but both would earn points for their teams; they could also team up with others of the same team/level for bonuses.

items in the prize shop could be things like exclusive mounts, pets, gear (cosmetic only) that players could redeem points for at the end of the event.

-von "team dragonspyre for the win" shadowsong

Survivor
Jul 14, 2014
ok dr von how about i divide the event into groups, novice, apprentice, initiate, journeyman, and so forth then everything stays the same, i agree with the opt in entirely. sorry about the mishaps this idea just came to me and i didnt put too much thought into it, also, no on the world teams and fighting different level monsters, i want people to play with their friends in a small group and more of the challenging duels with other players, tell me what you think.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
kendra ace on Jul 19, 2015 wrote:
ok dr von how about i divide the event into groups, novice, apprentice, initiate, journeyman, and so forth then everything stays the same, i agree with the opt in entirely. sorry about the mishaps this idea just came to me and i didnt put too much thought into it, also, no on the world teams and fighting different level monsters, i want people to play with their friends in a small group and more of the challenging duels with other players, tell me what you think.
no need to apologize~ it's a good idea; it just needed some tweaking, in order to be fair for all.

your proposed change could work, if the event was pvp-only. that said, i think it would be fun if we did it neopets style and allowed pve players to compete as well (maybe not in duels, but by completing tasks to earn points etc. for their teams).

does that sound like a fair compromise to you?

-von

Survivor
Jul 14, 2014
sorry, i guess my reply didn't go through. try 2

yeah, sure how about the pvp players earn points per 5 levels their opponent is if they win. and pve players earn points per rank their opponent is if they win. at the end the team with the most points wins. still rewarding the top 100 players of each division, could we give them a badge or something too?