Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Deck Building

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 26, 2012
Hello guys, I have been playing Wizard101 for like 3 years now, but I still feel my deck sucks. Will someone help me build it? I am a Death Wiz lvl 53. I have a deck with 55 spells max. I am up to scarecrow on Death, I am up to Satyr on Life, I am up to Tower shield in Ice, and finally I learned the first Sun spell, Strong. Please help me! What do I use in my deck, Thank You!

Survivor
Dec 11, 2014
okay so I have a level 90 death and i shall help :D
1:do you have spirit blades if so i will say how many if not just ignore that part

okay so let's get started. you don't need satyr since your death and can just use something like wraith or scarecrow to get some health back. You can put in max tower shield. About 4 death blades and about 4 spirit blades. You need about 4 death traps, feints, and curses. You need some 3 scarecrow 3 wraith and 3 pirate, and max of your highest sun school enchant. for shields it is better to get treasure cards of the boss you are fighting and max out that part of your deck. for bosses of your school always leave space for prisms and take them out when not needed so they don't take up space.

i really hoped this help and if you have any problems just tell me :D

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
kaladjian on May 30, 2015 wrote:
Hello guys, I have been playing Wizard101 for like 3 years now, but I still feel my deck sucks. Will someone help me build it? I am a Death Wiz lvl 53. I have a deck with 55 spells max. I am up to scarecrow on Death, I am up to Satyr on Life, I am up to Tower shield in Ice, and finally I learned the first Sun spell, Strong. Please help me! What do I use in my deck, Thank You!
Assuming you wanted a PvP setup, so I'll offer one that works well with my characters. (Upgrade to deck of ordeal from bazaar)
Ice: 4 Double Shields 5 tower shields
Life: 4 Double Shields
Balance: 5 Weakness 1 Reshuffle 2 Spirit Blades
Death: 4 Double Shields 2 Deathblades 1 Deathtrap 2 Feints 3 Animates 4 Sacrifice 3 Vampire 3 Poison 2 Doom and Gloom 2 Empower 1 Scarecrow
Sun: 3 Damage Enchants 3 Cloaks
Star: 3 Fortify, 2 Conviction

Treasure Card Deck (Not for sure how many you can have, but go for most of this)
2 tower shields
4 weakness
6 monstrous
2 skeletal dragons
4 Poisons (With Monstrous on already)
1 death finisher (4-6 pips, skeletal pirate works)
3 Infallible
2 ice shields
1 Reshuffle (In case matches go really long)

Don't shield much at all unless your enemy has enough damage output to slaughter you without any blades or traps. Otherwise, shield as a response to buffing. Once you know what school an opponent is, discard a majority of shields that don't apply to his school, and cloak ones that do. This can make him (or her) potentially hit into a shield on accident, with the added effect of multiplying cards on reshuffle. Even if your opponent isn't a spirit enemy, death shields can still reduce the pain taken from empower or sacrifice. Heal primarily using sacrifice, and use vampire on attempts to minion, or if you get an open chance to put in some damage. Use your first go through your deck to enchant any spells that will be most useful in the fight; if your opponent shields a lot, use your normal enchants on poisons; if they hit a lot, use them on sacrifices and vampires. On your second run through, discard much less; should not need the treasure reshuffle. try and keep up an animate minion (4-6 pip range will spam debuffs) and lull them into the sense that you aren't terribly offensive before putting up a doom, followed by infallible, poison, deathblade, skeletal dragon, and use your TC finisher.

Malorn, Death Overlord
Garrett, Same
Alex, Same